ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Scholarships

Scholarships A place to find out about scholarships available for Malaysians

USA ExxonMobil Scholarships - Deadline: 29 December 2012 - SPM '12 Students

kaze
Less Junior Member

#1 Old 08-12-2012 Default USA ExxonMobil Scholarships - Deadline: 29 December 2012 - SPM '12 Students

USA ExxonMobil Scholarship Announcement
2012 SPM Students

ExxonMobil Special Internship
(Full Undergraduate Scholarships)
to Study Engineering and Geoscience in the USA
ExxonMobil Exploration and Production of Malaysia has opened their special internship application process. The special internship program (full undergraduate scholarships) is targeted for students who will take the 2012 SPM test and would like to study engineering or geoscience in the United States of America. What a great opportunity.

Please spread the word about this special internship opportunity by posting this announcement on your Facebook page, by email to your friends and family members (please ask them to spread the word too), by notifying appropriate teachers and staff in your high school, etc.

The special internship application deadline is Saturday, Dec. 29, 2012 with shortlisted candidates scheduled to be interviewed on Saturday, January 12, 2013.

View www.exxonmobil.com/careers/my and follow the instructions below:
  • Click on the “online application” link - see the left hand column;
  • Click on the "Search openings" link;
  • Click on the "Search" link at the bottom of the page - please DO NOT make any selections on the page;
  • Click on the "Special Internship Program 2013 (SPM 2012) " link; and,
  • Read the instructions and submit the required documents using ExxonMobil's "Apply to job" system (you really are applying for a scholarship). You will need to “Create a login” first.
    SPECIAL NOTE: When completing the online application you will come to the "Current or Most Recent University/School Information" section. When you do, please respond as follows:
    -Ignore (leave blank) all inquiries NOT beginning with an "*" (a total of three inquiries - the first two inquiries and the 4th inquiry);
    -Under the "*Select your degree in progress..." inquiry: Respond with the drop down menu: None.
    -Under the "*Select your current or most recent..." inquiry: Respond with the drop down menu: None.
    -Under the "*Indicate your grades..." inquiry: Respond with the drop down menu: Other.
    -Under the "*Indicate the date you began..." inquiry: Respond with the drop down menus: 15 August 2013 (3 fields)
    -Under the "*Indicate the date you will complete..." inquiry: Respond with the drop down menus: 15 May 2017 (3 fields)
    -Under the "*Do you have any additional univ..." inquiry: Respond with the radio button menu: No.
  • When uploading your CV, ensure the following information is included in the CV:
    -Results of the following items (Please do not list aggregate scores like 4 A+, 5 A, etc. Please list the scores and the corresponding subjects):
    -PMR results.
    -Form 3 results.
    -Form 3 overall class rank (not individual classroom rank).
    -Form 4 results.
    -Form 4 overall class rank (not individual classroom rank).
    -Form 5 results.
    -Form 5 overall class rank (not individual classroom rank).
    -Trial SPM results.
    -SPM results (you will need to update your account again with this info immediately once the 2012 SPM results are out).
    -NOTE: You will also need to send a softcopy of this CV directly to [email address] , (subject line : SIP 2013 Request: “NAME”: “SCHOOL”)
  • Other documents that needs to be uploaded (under the “Attachments” section; you are not a campus candidate):
    -Relevant certificates and awards (co-curriculum activities).
If you have any questions about this special internship opportunity or application problems, please send an email to (subject line: 2013 Special Internship Opportunity Inquiry):

[email address]

I thank you for spreading the word and your time.
Less Junior Member

#2 Old 11-12-2012 Default Re: USA ExxonMobil Scholarships - Deadline: 29 December 2012 - SPM '12 Students

Any recommers interested in applying for this scholarship?
Less Junior Member

#3 Old 14-12-2012 Default Re: USA ExxonMobil Scholarships - Deadline: 29 December 2012 - SPM '12 Students

Bump. The deadline is getting closer.
Super Junior Member

#4 Old 14-12-2012 Default Re: USA ExxonMobil Scholarships - Deadline: 29 December 2012 - SPM '12 Students

Hi! Stumbled upon this post recently. I am still contemplating on whether to apply for it or not. Can you tell me more about it. Perhaps, from your own experience? (You are a scholar of this scholarship right?)
pyong95 is offline   Reply With Quote
enlech
Super Junior Member

#5 Old 14-12-2012 Default Re: USA ExxonMobil Scholarships - Deadline: 29 December 2012 - SPM '12 Students

thank you for sharing this!! thank god it is not closed yet
enlech is offline   Reply With Quote
Chopper
Super Junior Member

#6 Old 15-12-2012 Default Re: USA ExxonMobil Scholarships - Deadline: 29 December 2012 - SPM '12 Students

Do they send their students to study at Texas A&M? for Petroleum Engineering? O.o

and...
'Dafug with one of the requirements... Straight As in trial... =.="..'

Last edited by Chopper; 17-12-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
kaze
Less Junior Member

#7 Old 15-12-2012 Default Re: USA ExxonMobil Scholarships - Deadline: 29 December 2012 - SPM '12 Students

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyong95 View Post
Hi! Stumbled upon this post recently. I am still contemplating on whether to apply for it or not. Can you tell me more about it. Perhaps, from your own experience? (You are a scholar of this scholarship right?)
You should apply and see how it goes ^^
Sorry, I am not ExxonMobil's scholar or employee. I am merely spreading the words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
Do they send their scholars to study at Texas A&M? for Petroleum Engineering? O.o

and...
'Dafug with one of the requirements... Straight As in trial... =.="..'
I do not have answer to that. You can email them and ask and perhaps share it here with the others too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enlech View Post
thank you for sharing this!! thank god it is not closed yet
You are most welcomed.

Last edited by kaze; 15-12-2012 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
pyong95
Super Junior Member

#8 Old 16-12-2012 Default Re: USA ExxonMobil Scholarships - Deadline: 29 December 2012 - SPM '12 Students

Well anyway I am applying with a few of my friends. Thank you!
pyong95 is offline   Reply With Quote
kaze
Less Junior Member

#9 Old 17-12-2012 Default Re: USA ExxonMobil Scholarships - Deadline: 29 December 2012 - SPM '12 Students

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyong95 View Post
Well anyway I am applying with a few of my friends. Thank you!
Sounds great. Wishing all the best for you and your friends as well as other applicants.
Super Junior Member

#10 Old 19-12-2012 Default Re: USA ExxonMobil Scholarships - Deadline: 29 December 2012 - SPM '12 Students

I'd like to know whether if the it is required to write a cover letter? (As in the application process, there is a space for it)
simply_broken is offline   Reply With Quote