ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships

Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships Everything about scholarships provided by the Public Services Department of Malaysia

2012 JPA Scholarships for SPM leavers

rocky2009 Male
Less Junior Member

#1 Old 31-03-2012 Default 2012 JPA Scholarships for SPM leavers

It was announced that there will be scholarships this year. Further details will only be available on JPA's website on 9th April 2012. If anyone has more info, please share
rocky2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rocky2009 For This Useful Post:
Archangel Female
Less Junior Member

#2 Old 31-03-2012 Default Re: 2012 JPA Scholarships for SPM leavers

Those who want to go overseas shouldn't rejoice yet. The JPA only said there will be scholarships, but there is no statement that says it includes overseas ones.

However, we should just keep a lookout for them. Who knows?
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
rocky2009 Male
Less Junior Member

#3 Old 31-03-2012 Default Re: 2012 JPA Scholarships for SPM leavers

Local also okay for me...

But they haven't informed the number of A+ required...
Archangel Female
Less Junior Member

#4 Old 31-03-2012 Default Re: 2012 JPA Scholarships for SPM leavers

Well for local last year, they needed at least 7 A- including a credit in BM. For overseas, it depended on what course you were planning to take...
jzchai Male
Less Junior Member

#5 Old 31-03-2012 Default Re: 2012 JPA Scholarships for SPM leavers

However,I heard from someone that this year the government is providing JPA scholarship for those who scored all A+ only.This is because that the government wants to save money.By right,this scholarship is not meant for SPM leavers this year.Yet,the general election is near.Hence,the government just wants to show that they are still providing this scholarship in order to get more votes in the GE.

I am not so sure how true are these statements,but someone read it in the STAR newspaper...
jzchai is offline   Reply With Quote
Archangel Female
Less Junior Member

#6 Old 31-03-2012 Default Re: 2012 JPA Scholarships for SPM leavers

For all A+ only? Hmm...that is something new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzchai View Post
However,I heard from someone that this year the government is providing JPA scholarship for those who scored all A+ only.This is because that the government wants to save money.By right,this scholarship is not meant for SPM leavers this year.Yet,the general election is near.Hence,the government just wants to show that they are still providing this scholarship in order to get more votes in the GE.

I am not so sure how true are these statements,but someone read it in the STAR newspaper...
rocky2009 Male
Less Junior Member

#7 Old 31-03-2012 Default Re: 2012 JPA Scholarships for SPM leavers

I read that in 2010 scholarships were given automatically to those who scored 9A+ and above and then in 2011 it was 8A+ and above. But not sure if it was for overseas or local. Also don't know if only for pre-u or continue till 1st degree.
uglyduck Male
Super Junior Member

#8 Old 31-03-2012 Default Re: 2012 JPA Scholarships for SPM leavers

If its straight A+, they might make those who got 8A+ and above feel unfair. Unwise decision?
uglyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
jzchai Male
Less Junior Member

#9 Old 31-03-2012 Default Re: 2012 JPA Scholarships for SPM leavers

Today New Strait Times reported that JPA medical scholarships send best students who want to study medic to Ivy League universities only,which means that JPA is not sending its scholar to local uni(for medical only).This was suggested by Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai since he said those who wants to study medicine can further their studies locally but not through JPA scholarship.

This is just Datuk Liow's suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyduck View Post
If its straight A+, they might make those who got 8A+ and above feel unfair. Unwise decision?
Yes,I think its unwise.The government just wants to shut our mouths up by providing JPA scholarship,but for all A+ scorer.

I got 9A+ and 1A,which means I am not qualified.T.T

Last edited by jzchai; 31-03-2012 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
jzchai is offline   Reply With Quote
uglyduck Male
Super Junior Member

#10 Old 31-03-2012 Default Re: 2012 JPA Scholarships for SPM leavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzchai View Post
Today New Strait Times reported that JPA medical scholarships send best students who want to study medic to Ivy League universities only,which means that JPA is not sending its scholar to local uni(for medical only).This was suggested by Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai since he said those who wants to study medicine can further their studies locally but not through JPA scholarship.

This is just Datuk Liow's suggestion.

Yes,I think its unwise.The government just wants to shut our mouths up by providing JPA scholarship,but for all A+ scorer.

I got 9A+ and 1A,which means I am not qualified.T.T
Congratulation! Anyway, don't be pessimistic until they announced the requirement? Since there is no prove saying that it require straight A+? So, just cross our fingers and wait until 9th of april. haha
uglyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to uglyduck For This Useful Post: