ReCom.org
Every Little Thing About Medicine Discussion for Doctors, Pharmacists, Potential Doctors, Patients and also Nurse :on Everything about Medicine!

Doctor's Salary ~ local and overseas

orthopod

#91 Old 18-09-2009 Default Re: Doctor's Salary ~ local and overseas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdreanaBhatt View Post
I know this is so off topic but..... my msn is screwed up. Everytime I try to update there's always an error! This is so irritating. Anyway, I was looking into LVI and I seriously can't thank you enough for that. I'd belanja you makan man... haha

again, sorry.. off topic. =D

omg makan!pls pls..where?but im in london now..actually my friends call me raja makan
orthopod is offline   Reply With Quote
plain_white Male
Super Junior Member

#92 Old 18-09-2009 Default Re: Doctor's Salary ~ local and overseas

hi, i just wonder what's the newest pay for fresh housemen and MO. i heard that it has been reviewed recently. But a friend of mine who promoted to MO recently claimed that his salary is just around rm3000+. Just wanna know how true is that...
plain_white is offline   Reply With Quote
orthopod

#93 Old 18-09-2009 Default Re: Doctor's Salary ~ local and overseas

Quote:
Originally Posted by plain_white View Post
hi, i just wonder what's the newest pay for fresh housemen and MO. i heard that it has been reviewed recently. But a friend of mine who promoted to MO recently claimed that his salary is just around rm3000+. Just wanna know how true is that...

substantially more if you would include allowances and stuff like that.

Its not bad really..In the Uk u get about 2000 pounds..and cost of living is so much higher....i wonder when my parents can recover the rm1.3-1.4 million they are going to spend on me.

[quote=AdreanaBhatt;285044]I've decided to go to india. Wanna keep the cost for my 1st degree down because I'm planning to specialize in the uk and it's on average 50,000 pounds(I can't find the pound sterling symbol, darn) per year for 3 years. She's at king's? Wow, congrats to her. =) A friend of mine applied for med there. Yeah, I did some research on the oral maxillofacial surgery and it's so interesting. I can't wait to start my degree. Friends tell me it's tough dentistry(personally... good things don't come easy right? i.e doctors) Some doctor relatives were pretty disappointed I changed my mind because they think that it's boring being confined to just the mouth but oral maxfax is pretty wide(hence the allure).

For those who want to read about the hardships of studying and practicing med, I suggest this website- www.mommd.com
although it's centered towards women, but I'm sure the opposite sex would make good use of it too. =D

haha yeah... she kept on harping on the issue- Doctors no life. But I've met her husband too... scary man. I have never seen him smile but I see what his wife means, poor guy. He works so hard and when the patient dies, the family members put all the blame on him for not doing enough.

women who are married to doctors seem to complain abt their husband's life..but hey they do enjoy the money..the maid service..the hair salons,the yoga,basically the good life right..so i find them to be hypocrites...i've seen many women who are married to rich doctors..complain so much..but when their husbands leave them for nurses or other women..they basically hidup merempat...

women in mediicne..now thats tough..ideally i wouldnt marry a female doctor.but..FOrtunately(ermm make that UN-)..i do think im madly in love with a female med student..absolutely crazily, truly, madly,deeply..so then..i take back my words..because im pretty sure i'd die without this person..omg i sound sooo dramatic.

Last edited by orthopod; 18-09-2009 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
AdreanaBhatt
Super Junior Member

#94 Old 18-09-2009 Default Re: Doctor's Salary ~ local and overseas

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthopod View Post

women in mediicne..now thats tough..ideally i wouldnt marry a female doctor.but..FOrtunately(ermm make that UN-)..i do think im madly in love with a female med student..absolutely crazily, truly, madly,deeply..so then..i take back my words..because im pretty sure i'd die without this person..omg i sound sooo dramatic.
aww... that's sweet. women married to doctors live the good life(when they arent doctors themselves) just minus the husbands. my boyfriend is a doctor-to-be too =P so I guess I'd know how it feels in time to come. Does anyone know the starting salary for dentists?
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?" -Marianne Williamson
AdreanaBhatt is offline   Reply With Quote
orthopod

#95 Old 18-09-2009 Default Re: Doctor's Salary ~ local and overseas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdreanaBhatt View Post
aww... that's sweet. women married to doctors live the good life(when they arent doctors themselves) just minus the husbands. my boyfriend is a doctor-to-be too =P so I guess I'd know how it feels in time to come. Does anyone know the starting salary for dentists?

same as dr's la in gov service
Miracle_seed
Super Moderator
Forum Moderator

#96 Old 19-09-2009 Default Re: Doctor's Salary ~ local and overseas

Quote:
same as dr's la in gov service
Not exactly the same, slightly less...

Miracles happen everyday
Miracle_seed is offline   Reply With Quote
orthopod

#97 Old 19-09-2009 Default Re: Doctor's Salary ~ local and overseas

wanna bet?

same.
Miracle_seed
Super Moderator
Forum Moderator

#98 Old 19-09-2009 Default Re: Doctor's Salary ~ local and overseas

Quote:
wanna bet?

same.
Perhaps my information is outdated, because few years back during hospital attachment, the nurses and doctors kept telling even though dentists and pharmacists have slightly lower salaries, their workload are much lesser.

Miracles happen everyday
Miracle_seed is offline   Reply With Quote
orthopod

#99 Old 19-09-2009 Default Re: Doctor's Salary ~ local and overseas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle_seed View Post
Perhaps my information is outdated, because few years back during hospital attachment, the nurses and doctors kept telling even though dentists and pharmacists have slightly lower salaries, their workload are much lesser.
I do think pharmacist get paid slighly less and i do think its resonable because they only got 2 school for 3.5-4 years whereas most doctors and dentist train 5-6 years before graduating.
tehjiao

#100 Old 26-09-2009 Default Re: Doctor's Salary ~ local and overseas

well dentist and doctor salary are same in government hospital pharmacy only $150 lesser.work much lesser