ReCom.org
Every Little Thing About Medicine Discussion for Doctors, Pharmacists, Potential Doctors, Patients and also Nurse :on Everything about Medicine!

Doctor's Salary ~ local and overseas

SHuLy

#51 Old 08-06-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacLC
Is salary dat important? If u earn a lot of money but u dun like wat u r doing, wats de use??
Of course, salary is the most important factor.
sigh...
SHuLy is offline   Reply With Quote

#52 Old 08-06-2005 Default

Would people please read earlier postings and see which points have already been covered instead of bringing up the same tired things? Honestly, it's so hard to have a proper discussion of issues these days - and I thought our youth are getting smarter, what with the increasing number of As being scored...
masdie

#53 Old 08-06-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Would people please read earlier postings and see which points have already been covered instead of bringing up the same tired things? Honestly, it's so hard to have a proper discussion of issues these days - and I thought our youth are getting smarter, what with the increasing number of As being scored...
haha...cool entry dude!!
masdie is offline   Reply With Quote
youngyew Male
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#54 Old 08-06-2005 Default

Quote:
Haha.. True, true, sometimes it is a bit annoying to see the same questions coming up a few times in the same thread. But I think people are just lazy to read through all posts, not that they are dumb larrr..

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
youngyew is offline   Reply With Quote

#55 Old 09-06-2005 Default

It is still indefensible. Any person who feels their contribution could actually be worth something should have taken the time to thoroughly acquaint themselves with the discussion.
The observation about the increasing number of star students was made to express the irony that even though our minds are supposedly getting sharper, the intellectual maturity that should accompany it (and this includes not using 'malas le nak baca semua tu' as an excuse) doesn't seem to be there yet.
Anyway, this is detracting from the topic.

#56 Old 09-06-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
Quote:
Quote:
Is salary dat important? If u earn a lot of money but u dun like wat u r doing, wats de use??
Most important?
Then I guess you should go for direct sales. Save the hassle of studying for 7 yrs, and earn tons a month, that is if u can sell lol.

There are many other jobs offering higher pay. Why choose the medical line then?
It will be better for someone to look in the mirror first before trying to advice others. When someone has made a decision on his/her life on choosing their future career path it will be better for us not to discuss about it.

To everyone who wish to pursue medicine as a future career, please dont get bothered with what others say, they are just trying to make sure that you dont get better then them.
Patrick

#57 Old 09-06-2005 Default

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
Quote:
Quote:
Most important?
Then I guess you should go for direct sales. Save the hassle of studying for 7 yrs, and earn tons a month, that is if u can sell lol.

There are many other jobs offering higher pay. Why choose the medical line then?
It will be better for someone to look in the mirror first before trying to advice others. When someone has made a decision on his/her life on choosing their future career path it will be better for us not to discuss about it.

To everyone who wish to pursue medicine as a future career, please dont get bothered with what others say, they are just trying to make sure that you dont get better then them.
Oh nonono, that's not what i meant.

It's totally fine with me if someone goes for medicine for monetary gains. I'm not discouraging anyone, it's just my point of view.

Oh yea, you don't have to say "someone", just point the finger at me. I know I'm the one you're talking about.

One question. Is it really worth it to do something you don't like for money?
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
youngyew Male
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#58 Old 09-06-2005 Default

It's a cruel fact... that there are girls who marry a guy just because he is a billionaire (and vice versa), there are people who enjoy some "not so enjoyable" works because it earns a lot of money. And if you ask them, they would tell you that they are happy.

Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
libran_mei
Super Junior Member

#59 Old 09-06-2005 Default

What do you mean by "cruel fact"?By the way, it is not even a fact. Things happen for a reason, don't go misjudging people just because it's the norm in this particular community. And no, people don't go lying about their "happiness" in their jobs. If it's for the money, they would tell you so. Just note the actual purpose of all kinds of work alrite, it's merely survival. Besides that, other factors could come in. Medical is in no way a profession measured by the amount of money you can earn annually. So before you indulge youself silly into something you have not figured out why, best not to.
libran_mei is offline   Reply With Quote
youngyew Male
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#60 Old 09-06-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by libran_mei
What do you mean by "cruel fact"?By the way, it is not even a fact. Things happen for a reason, don't go misjudging people just because it's the norm in this particular community. And no, people don't go lying about their "happiness" in their jobs. If it's for the money, they would tell you so. Just note the actual purpose of all kinds of work alrite, it's merely survival. Besides that, other factors could come in. Medical is in no way a profession measured by the amount of money you can earn annually. So before you indulge youself silly into something you have not figured out why, best not to.
libran_mei, I think you misinterpreted my post seriously. And before you accuse me of indulging myself silly into something I have not figured out why, best not to if you have never read my previous posts about medicine.

I said "there are", that means it's a qualified sentence which refer to a certain group of people but not all.

What I really meant is, three of the categories we could make out are:
a) those who work for sheer pleasure of his job
b) those who are happy with both the job satisfaction and the pay
b) those who derive pleasure from his job (or anything) simply because of money

And my post was referring to type C alone. And it's a cruel fact that type C people do exist in our society.