ReCom.org
Every Little Thing About Medicine Discussion for Doctors, Pharmacists, Potential Doctors, Patients and also Nurse :on Everything about Medicine!

Doctor's Salary ~ local and overseas

libran_mei
Super Junior Member

#61 Old 10-06-2005 Default

wait one second.i wasn;t accusing you, it was a general opinion, meant for everyone out there. if i had used the term "you" too often,so sorry.it wasnt meant that way.
libran_mei is offline   Reply With Quote
youngyew Male
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#62 Old 10-06-2005 Default

No worries mate. I was just refuting just in case you were referring to me. I take it that you have understood my explanation about the money-minded people??

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
youngyew is offline   Reply With Quote
libran_mei
Super Junior Member

#63 Old 13-06-2005 Default

actually i don't really mind money-minded people. at least they care about something which is non-living.the ones that get on my nerves are those who discriminate people due to some thoughtless perceptions. judging others when they themselves know nuts.
libran_mei is offline   Reply With Quote
prednisolone
Super Junior Member

#64 Old 30-06-2005 Default

Medicine is a noble profession.

A doctor who complains about inadequate returns/profit should not have been one in the first place.

Anyone who only wants to get rich and constantly grips about the poor returns should NOT have been admitted to medical school in the first place.
prednisolone is offline   Reply With Quote
SHuLy

#65 Old 30-06-2005 Default

prednisolone,
obviously that you have not read all of the posts being put up under this thread.
being aware of the current salary of doctors does not mean that the person is studying medicine and aspiring to be a doctor just to earn big bucks.
SHuLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Zeroth

#66 Old 18-07-2005 Default

According to thestar, the government is increasing the salaries of doctor yet again, i'm losing track of the current situation, can someone lighten me in this? So is it that we are getting around rm5000?

I don't object type C* doctors, as long as they perform their duties well. It is their own choice of life and we have no right to change that.

*yeongyew's definition, hehe!

Anyway, considering the fact that doctors required such a huge sum of money to aquire their degree, isn't it fair for them to get the amount of income that is adequate for them to repay their study loans? Take in account too, the amount of effort and struggle they have to put through during their time in universities as well as in practice. I don't see a reason not allowing doctors to at least enjoy something for all the sacrifices they make.

Doctors also face chances of being sued everyday, i think the average doctor gets sued at least twice yearly. Doctors face a lifetime risk of aquiring hospital aquired diseases, blood borne disease and so on, would'nt it be similar to those working under hazardous conditions that gets good pays?

However, i do find a little unfairness in the treatment of other medical staff, nurses for instance. Doctors seemed to get more attention, when in my opinion, nurses contribute hugely to the funtionality of the medical line as well.

JPA does not provide courses for nursing, even though the amount of nurses are dangerously low as well. (sorry, i can't provide much statistics to back this claim)

Guest, I am very interested to know more about the medical profession from your eyes. I really respect the depth of thought that you had, learning to increase the ability of critical thought myself.. Do join recom formally if you're ready, you're always welcome.
Zeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
__earth Male

#67 Old 18-07-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroth
Anyway, considering the fact that doctors required such a huge sum of money to aquire their degree, isn't it fair for them to get the amount of income that is adequate for them to repay their study loans? Take in account too, the amount of effort and struggle they have to put through during their time in universities as well as in practice. I don't see a reason not allowing doctors to at least enjoy something for all the sacrifices they make.
Alas, its not just doctors that require a huge sum of resources to acquire their degrees. Others like engineers and others in social science require money. Talking about effort and struggle, teacher is one of the most underpaid profession, even with PhD.

If doctors get a lot, others should too, shouldnt they?

Quote:
Doctors also face chances of being sued everyday, i think the average doctor gets sued at least twice yearly. Doctors face a lifetime risk of aquiring hospital aquired diseases, blood borne disease and so on, would'nt it be similar to those working under hazardous conditions that gets good pays?
That's one of the reasons malpractice insurance exists.

Quote:
However, i do find a little unfairness in the treatment of other medical staff, nurses for instance. Doctors seemed to get more attention, when in my opinion, nurses contribute hugely to the funtionality of the medical line as well.

JPA does not provide courses for nursing, even though the amount of nurses are dangerously low as well. (sorry, i can't provide much statistics to back this claim)
Yup yup. I agree. I myself can't provide stats but anecdotally, that seems to be the case. I have never seen any Malaysian grad with nursing degree personally yet.
Zeroth

#68 Old 18-07-2005 Default

Quote:
Zeroth wrote:

Alas, its not just doctors that require a huge sum of resources to acquire their degrees. Others like engineers and others in social science requires money. Talking about effort and struggle, teacher is one of the most underpaid profession, even with PhD.

If doctors get a lot, others should too, shouldnt they?
That's true, but the average money required to get an engeneering degree is certainly less than a medical degree, say RM700000 compared to RM200000?

I don't oppose the argument that teachers should get more pay. But arn't lecturers paid a well sum of money as well? Don't mention lecturers in local colleges, they only got paid around rm2000, sad huh?
__earth Male

#69 Old 18-07-2005 Default

Quote:
That's true, but the average money required to get an engeneering degree is certainly less than a medical degree, say RM700000 compared to RM200000?

I don't oppose the argument that teachers should get more pay. But arn't lecturers paid a well sum of money as well? Don't mention lecturers in local colleges, they only got paid around rm2000, sad huh?
I'm might have not read the whole thing in context. Gotta admit that I didn't read the previous posts thoroughly. But are we talking with international or local background?
Zeroth

#70 Old 18-07-2005 Default

oh sorry, i did not clarify. International background. Just a rough estimate though.