ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Malaysia Today

Malaysia Today Discussion about issues related to Malaysian politics and economy.

Gov says Local council not ready for elections

vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#1 Old 04-02-2007 Default Gov says Local council not ready for elections

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story...266&sec=nation

oh my

Quote:
?For example, if the Opposition controls the local authority through an election, the government will not want to give funds to them. This will not help the people,? he said at the 4th National Congress on Integrity on ?Federal Accountability, Local Governance? organised by the Oriental Hearts and Mind Study Institute yesterday.
i am wondering if the government really cares about the people at all...

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote
LilDeviant
Less Junior Member

#2 Old 04-02-2007 Default

*personal interest overshadows ppl's welfare*

Too bad huh.
LilDeviant is offline   Reply With Quote
johnleemk

#3 Old 05-02-2007 Default

I figured out a long time ago that the government doesn't care about the people at all. I mean, this is the same song they have been singing about local government elections for years. They correctly note that people will tend to support the opposition more in local elections - this is a proven fact - and as a result, they use this to argue that it would not be in the people's interest. It's ridiculous.

Really, it's just too bad we have an opposition that's almost as bad as the government. Otherwise, we could have kicked these lunatics out of power a long time ago.
johnleemk is offline   Reply With Quote
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#4 Old 05-02-2007 Default

it's time we show the government that we care for this country. Time to kick up some fear into them by not voting for them in the next election...

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
LilDeviant
Less Junior Member

#5 Old 05-02-2007 Default

not voting for them?

Well, there aren't many options left though.. I think our government is still fine to a certain extent as it's not as extreme as certain oppositions..
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#6 Old 05-02-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilDeviant
not voting for them?

Well, there aren't many options left though.. I think our government is still fine to a certain extent as it's not as extreme as certain oppositions..
boycotting the election is one solution... if we can get less enough votes that the election isn't valid anymore, that alone will probably send some signal to the government...

johnleemk

#7 Old 05-02-2007 Default

Quote:
If you're dubious about PAS, I'd understand. But at this point, I don't really see how our country could fare much worse under DAP or Keadilan. They're crappy, but I'd rather try those devils than the ones we're currently with. (If you just pick up The Sun every day and see all the abuses we have to put up with from this government, you'd be quite fed up too.)
johnleemk is offline   Reply With Quote
LilDeviant
Less Junior Member

#8 Old 05-02-2007 Default

Seemingly there isn't any or rather one near perfect party which the people could rely on..Well, it's time for new meat to join in the game..
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#9 Old 05-02-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilDeviant
Seemingly there isn't any or rather one near perfect party which the people could rely on..Well, it's time for new meat to join in the game..
Yea, we are waiting for John to register one

LilDeviant
Less Junior Member

#10 Old 05-02-2007 Default

It's utterly futile for us the rather insignificant ones to comment on the movement of the government if no one ever wants to do anything..So the problem arises, who's going to start the ball rolling? Who's going to make an entity to be a significant one to make good to the people?