ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Activities Hub > ReCom Science Expo

ReCom Science Expo All the sciences that you need to know

Scientific and Religious Perspectives on Creationism / Evolution

reign226

#21 Old 26-03-2006 Default

You guys should definately check out Jonathan Miller's A Brief History of Disbelief and also his Atheism Tapes series. Richard Dawkin's The Root of All Evil is also a pretty good exposition on the root of all evil, religion. I also blog about these things frequently in my personal blog at reignspeek.
Zeroth

#22 Old 27-03-2006 Default

Quote:
oh well somehow i realized that this is just gonna end up to be the question, "which one comes first? chicken or egg?" there's really no solid scientific proof behind both theories but just curious what do most people believe in?
There is an answer for the chicken vs egg question if you think carefully.

A chicken must come from an egg. This is a fact.

An egg, can come from any bird.

Therefore, at one point of history, an unknown bird entity layed a few eggs which is mutated.

Tha egg hatched into chickens.

Then the chickens lay more eggs.

And more chickens comes out!

Thus, the egg comes first before the chicken.
Zeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
DecentMerson

#23 Old 27-03-2006 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroth
Quote:
oh well somehow i realized that this is just gonna end up to be the question, "which one comes first? chicken or egg?" there's really no solid scientific proof behind both theories but just curious what do most people believe in?
There is an answer for the chicken vs egg question if you think carefully.

A chicken must come from an egg. This is a fact.

An egg, can come from any bird.

Therefore, at one point of history, an unknown bird entity layed a few eggs which is mutated.

Tha egg hatched into chickens.

Then the chickens lay more eggs.

And more chickens comes out!

Thus, the egg comes first before the chicken.
when they say chicken, i think they really mean birds in general... so, it's more like a question of the first bird's egg comes first , or the first bird comes first.
DecentMerson is offline   Reply With Quote
iQing

#24 Old 27-03-2006 Default

disagree.

chicken can come to form when harsh nvironment changes force them to go through unconscious biokinesis, which will change their physical characteristic. Hence the change of their DNA.
Secondly, those pre-chicken who didn't "evolve" and cannot adapt to the new environment die off and they fail to past the original genes farward. in this case I would say chicken comes first.

harsh environment is the one that motivate changes. saying that mutation happens to egg is like the chicken is throwing dice and wait if they got jackpot chance of laying an egg with new genes...
even if there is mutation in new born chicks, it would be negative mutation like disability.
positive mutation comes from unconscious biokinesis to deal with harsh environment,

just like people who live in hot area have tannier skin,. you dont expect a white couple go to tropical area and give birth to a dark skin baby, but you see white people change their physical condition to suit thenew environment, which takes generations of changes.
Zeroth

#25 Old 27-03-2006 Default

A harsh environment do not change the DNA of the chicken. A harsh environment kills the weak ones.

Chickens must come from egg. So the egg comes first. Random mutations during a normal chicken's lifetime is called cancer.

[/quote]saying that mutation happens to egg is like the chicken is throwing dice and wait if they got jackpot chance of laying an egg with new genes... [quote]

That's why it doesnt happen everyday, its by chance and requires a long time.
lyzzy

#26 Old 27-03-2006 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iQing
disagree.

chicken can come to form when harsh nvironment changes force them to go through unconscious biokinesis, which will change their physical characteristic. Hence the change of their DNA.
Secondly, those pre-chicken who didn't "evolve" and cannot adapt to the new environment die off and they fail to past the original genes farward. in this case I would say chicken comes first.

harsh environment is the one that motivate changes. saying that mutation happens to egg is like the chicken is throwing dice and wait if they got jackpot chance of laying an egg with new genes...
even if there is mutation in new born chicks, it would be negative mutation like disability.
positive mutation comes from unconscious biokinesis to deal with harsh environment,

just like people who live in hot area have tannier skin,. you dont expect a white couple go to tropical area and give birth to a dark skin baby, but you see white people change their physical condition to suit thenew environment, which takes generations of changes.
lol did you learn biology? i don't think 'biokinesis' is scientific at all.

agree with zeroth. though it probably isn't such a simple one step process ... i remember that an article came out on scientific american/ science a couple of years back about this - did you get it from there?
________
half-baked

Last edited by lyzzy; 08-02-2011 at 06:49 PM.
lyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Zeroth

#27 Old 28-03-2006 Default

Erm, not really, just what i came out with in the shower one day. Lol!
PJKru

#28 Old 28-03-2006 Default

when we eat an egg are we eating a featus? no more egg for me then
PJKru is offline   Reply With Quote
hunliang
Less Junior Member

#29 Old 28-03-2006 Default

Dun worry PJKru, the eggs u eat will never be hatched no matter wat, they r not fertilized.
hunliang is offline   Reply With Quote
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#30 Old 28-03-2006 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJKru
when we eat an egg are we eating a featus? no more egg for me then
be a vegetarian then...

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote