ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Activities Hub > ReCom Science Expo > Every Little Thing About Medicine

Every Little Thing About Medicine Discussion for Doctors, Pharmacists, Potential Doctors, Patients and also Nurse :on Everything about Medicine!

Would there be an excess of medical doctors in this country in the future?

junyong5155 Male
Super Junior Member

#121 Old 13-12-2010 Default Re: Would there be an excess of medical doctors in this country in the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngyew View Post
The moratorium is to stop colleges from starting *new medical training programs* for five years. The existing colleges will still enrolling students for their courses annually if I'm not mistaken.

I think this is a good first step in slowing down the houseman glut. Would you mind to share why you are upset?

廖中萊:與高教部達共識‧大專停辦醫學系5年

From what i see, it's stop conducting medical program for 5 years in our country.

Visit my blog here! =D
junyong5155 is offline   Reply With Quote
youngyew Male
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#122 Old 13-12-2010 Default Re: Would there be an excess of medical doctors in this country in the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycycy View Post
The moratorium proposed to prevent the housemen glut is a shocking news. It will make malaysia a laughing stock to others countries, as this is due to lack of planning, control and foresight. What will happen to those who are about to are about to pursue tertiary education and want to become doctors? Give up their dream? Flood to other countries such as Russia? Face difficulty to find a job when they return?
I believe the moratorium is to stop colleges from starting new programmes, instead of stopping admission of new students in preexisting medical courses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junyong5155 View Post
廖中萊:與高教部達共識‧大專停辦醫學系5年

From what i see, it's stop conducting medical program for 5 years in our country.
In the article it says this:
Quote:
另一方面,高教部长拿督斯里莫哈末卡立表示,政府暂停国內所有大专增设新的医学系课程,目的是防止政府医院实习医生继续剧增。

他表示,该项紧急措施將禁止国內所有大专增设医学系,为期5年,並且必须把注意力放在提昇现有医学系学生的素质上。
The corresponding news in The Star says the same thing too.

I believe Sin Chew has posted a misleading news heading.

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!

Last edited by youngyew; 13-12-2010 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
youngyew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to youngyew For This Useful Post:
cycycy Female
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#123 Old 13-12-2010 Default Re: Would there be an excess of medical doctors in this country in the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngyew View Post
I believe the moratorium is to stop colleges from starting new programmes, instead of stopping admission of new students in preexisting medical courses.

In the article it says this:

The corresponding news in The Star says the same thing too.

I believe Sin Chew has posted a misleading news heading.
Sorry, my bad Misleading indeed.
Emily Dickinson~

* Blog * Facebook *
Once an Ausmatian, forever an Ausmatian. Ausmatians for life! (:

cycycy is offline   Reply With Quote
gabanpendek Male
Super Junior Member

#124 Old 03-01-2011 Default Re: Would there be an excess of medical doctors in this country in the future?

only [censored] idiots would support a reduction in doctors or a slow down just to ensure the salary is protected. the way to deal with this is not to slow the output, but to provide better opportunities like an increase in salary but importantly provide people with the training opportunities. at the end of the day apart from ourselves, importantly we all set out to make sure people have access to good quality doctors (who aren't overworked). so people who support less doctors = rather have less doctors to help people. [censored].

Last edited by vseehua; 04-01-2011 at 05:55 AM.
gabanpendek is offline   Reply With Quote
cycycy Female
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#125 Old 03-01-2011 Default Re: Would there be an excess of medical doctors in this country in the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabanpendek View Post
only [censored] idiots would support a reduction in doctors or a slow down just to ensure the salary is protected. the way to deal with this is not to slow the output, but to provide better opportunities like an increase in salary but importantly provide people with the training opportunities. at the end of the day apart from ourselves, importantly we all set out to make sure people have access to good quality doctors (who aren't overworked). so people who support less doctors = rather have less doctors to help people. [censored].
please mind your language.
Emily Dickinson~

* Blog * Facebook *
Once an Ausmatian, forever an Ausmatian. Ausmatians for life! (:

Last edited by vseehua; 04-01-2011 at 05:55 AM.
cycycy is offline   Reply With Quote
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#126 Old 04-01-2011 Default Re: Would there be an excess of medical doctors in this country in the future?

Quote:

You may want to mind your language. Consider this your first warning!
seehua

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!

Last edited by vseehua; 04-01-2011 at 05:54 AM.
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vseehua For This Useful Post:
plain_white Male
Super Junior Member

#127 Old 04-01-2011 Default Re: Would there be an excess of medical doctors in this country in the future?

Quote:
it's not the quantity, but the quality that matters...if more substandard doctors are produced, it will do more harm than good. The one who suffer is patients themselves. Ultimately, it will tarnish the good name of this noble profession
plain_white is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to plain_white For This Useful Post: