ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Scholarships

Scholarships A place to find out about scholarships available for Malaysians

Khazanah Scholarship Programme 2011

Garfield93 Male

#91 Old 11-04-2011 Default Re: Khazanah Scholarship Programme 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAdoreNaz View Post
Dear Applicant,

Application ID :GLB_17810
Identity Card Number : 9306**-12-53**

Thank you for your time and interest in Khazanah Scholarship.

Kindly be informed that you?re not selected for this selection process of Khazanah Scholarship awards.

Thank you.

Regards,
Yayasan Khazanah

I didn't made it too . Only JPA and Petronas left.
YTN also no got. xD!

hey dude.. same goes for me but i still have UEM as the little one to ponder one... but the big 2 petronas and jpa. I MUST GET~! raaawwrrr
Garfield93 is offline   Reply With Quote
unsolvedcryptex Male
Slightly Senior Member

#92 Old 11-04-2011 Default Re: Khazanah Scholarship Programme 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by amara93 View Post
I don't think so... I have awards at international level and I wasn't shortlisted. Kind of a bummer. *sigh* I think at the end of the day, your results count the most. I only got 4 A+ and 6 A...
It's not easy to predict what they are looking for. Have you been a prefect before? I'll assume that you have not because I assume that one's chances of getting shortlisted will be increased if one has been a prefect or librarian before.

Need your feedback on this. Maybe this will help other applicants understand some shortlisting criteria for this scholarship.

Caution: Do not do something for the sake of scholarship. Follow your passion.
matabumi Male
Less Junior Member

#93 Old 11-04-2011 Default Re: Khazanah Scholarship Programme 2011

To get through the first round, its the results that count. 400+ got all A+'s.

From the star on 24th March
“This can be clearly seen from their encouraging results based on the grading system where 363 candidates from government schools and another 40 students from private schools or private candidates obtained A+ in all subjects compared to 214 in 2009,” he told a press conference when announcing the analysis of the 2010 SPM results at the ministry yesterday.

He said 9,239 candidates obtained distinctions, which was a combination of A+, A and A- last year compared to 7,987 candidates in 2009."
matabumi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to matabumi For This Useful Post:
amara93 Female
Super Junior Member

#94 Old 12-04-2011 Default Re: Khazanah Scholarship Programme 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsolvedcryptex View Post
It's not easy to predict what they are looking for. Have you been a prefect before? I'll assume that you have not because I assume that one's chances of getting shortlisted will be increased if one has been a prefect or librarian before.

Need your feedback on this. Maybe this will help other applicants understand some shortlisting criteria for this scholarship.

Caution: Do not do something for the sake of scholarship. Follow your passion.
Actually, I am! TT

A treasurer, in fact.

I guess the minimum requirement IS straight A+.
amara93 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to amara93 For This Useful Post:
Garfield93 Male

#95 Old 12-04-2011 Default Re: Khazanah Scholarship Programme 2011

now thats just ~~.... if str8 A+ is minimum, then.. how many scholarships would they be giving???
Garfield93 is offline   Reply With Quote
leeashroe Female
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#96 Old 12-04-2011 Default Re: Khazanah Scholarship Programme 2011

I got 10A+, was deputy head prefect, involved in a few national-level competitions and Khazanah didn't short list me.

I think it depends on the need of Khazanah, not solely based on academic and co-curricular performance. If one applied for the course that is not within the interest of Khazanah, then the company sees no need to fund these students.

I think we have to remember that Khazanah is a corporate company and they are looking for scholars who can work with them in the future. Thus my theory is, they will take only what they need.

So don't feel bad about not getting waitlisted. They only shortlisted those who are interested in the fields that Khazanah is interested in investing for the time being. When God closes one door, he opens another.

leeashroe is offline   Reply With Quote
roller Male
Super Junior Member

#97 Old 12-04-2011 Default Re: Khazanah Scholarship Programme 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeashroe View Post
I got 10A+, was deputy head prefect, involved in a few national-level competitions and Khazanah didn't short list me.

I think it depends on the need of Khazanah, not solely based on academic and co-curricular performance. If one applied for the course that is not within the interest of Khazanah, then the company sees no need to fund these students.

I think we have to remember that Khazanah is a corporate company and they are looking for scholars who can work with them in the future. Thus my theory is, they will take only what they need.

So don't feel bad about not getting waitlisted. They only shortlisted those who are interested in the fields that Khazanah is interested in investing for the time being. When God closes one door, he opens another.

What course did you apply for?
I assume you applied for the Khazanah Global Scholarship.

I had an impressive track record in both academic and co-curricular activities, but I applied for Engineering (not Bio-engineering) so maybe that is the reason that I am not even shortlisted for the IQ test.

Totally agree with what you said. It is like a job interview (except for 1st round) afterall.
roller is offline   Reply With Quote
unsolvedcryptex Male
Slightly Senior Member

#98 Old 12-04-2011 Default Re: Khazanah Scholarship Programme 2011

Again, don't do this for the sake of scholarships, I know a person who was shortlisted last year. He did A levels and applied to Khazanah using Economics from LSE offer. If Khazanah is looking for the courses that it needs, maybe economics is one of them.

I do not dare to speculate but I am speaking based on what I observe.
leeashroe Female
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#99 Old 12-04-2011 Default Re: Khazanah Scholarship Programme 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by roller View Post
What course did you apply for?
I assume you applied for the Khazanah Global Scholarship.

I had an impressive track record in both academic and co-curricular activities, but I applied for Engineering (not Bio-engineering) so maybe that is the reason that I am not even shortlisted for the IQ test.

Totally agree with what you said. It is like a job interview (except for 1st round) afterall.
Yes I indeed applied for the global scholarship, I am very interested to pursue my studies overseas. I applied for Bio-engineering, Maths and Boinformatics
leeashroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Dominic Male
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor
ReMag Writer

#100 Old 12-04-2011 Default Re: Khazanah Scholarship Programme 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by amara93 View Post

I guess the minimum requirement IS straight A+.
No, it isn't. I went all the way to Stage 2 without straight A+, and I wasn't the only one with such results there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield93 View Post
now thats just ~~.... if str8 A+ is minimum, then.. how many scholarships would they be giving???
Last year, after all 4 stages, there were 2 people left....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
I am NOT shortlisted too! I wonder why...after SPM, apply Khazanah>not shortlisted..after STPM, apply Khazanah>oso not shortlisted....Hw2 b shortlisted?Do we need to have grand awards at international level?school level or district level r not enough?
National level is enough. And good results, obviously.
Or hand to hold, or hell to pay,
What do you say,
What do you say?"

And thus laments the hopeless romantic that is yours truly.

Last edited by Dominic; 12-04-2011 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote