ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Activities Hub > ReCom Language and Literature Corner > Reading Sharing

Reading Sharing Share your past, present, and future readings here.

What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

FoxyWoxy25 Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#31 Old 04-05-2011 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edcac View Post
I'd say everyone is entitled to have their own opinions, but don't be so harsh on the series. Not everyone has the same taste, that's what makes us all different from one another. If we all liked the same things, the world wouldn't be such a nice place to live in if you don't have some healthy debate once in a while.

In my opinion, not everyone will like the book as it is after all told from the point of view of Bella Swan. I don't think guys want to know what it feels like to kiss Edward.

And not all girls will like it as well, I guess some girls are the independent type and hate the fact that Bella can be so dependent and emotional sometimes.

I love the whole series, the way Edward treats Bella right, the way Jacob is so friendly and cheerful. I love the way how many opposite elements can come together so perfectly in the books.

Ah, don't throw rotten tomatoes at me just yet, we all have the right to voice our own opinions, and yea, I'd say loud and proud, I LOVE TWILIGHT!
Doesn't Edward have some serious relationship issues? Getting Bella pregnant and then leaving her, then wanting to commit suicide (or sparkle in the sunlight, I can't remember which). Speaking of pregnancies, I remember Jacob wanting to do dirties with Bella's unborn foetus.

All in all, I feel that the Twilight series is actually Stephanie Meyer's wet dream, which is perhaps why it appeals more to girls than to boys. It is why Edward is described to be an "Adonis" (despite being played by what's-his-face), while Bella isn't given a specific description so any girl can pretend its her (although in the movie, it looks like she hasn't had a bowel movement for weeks).

#32 Old 04-05-2011 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyWoxy25 View Post
I remember Jacob wanting to do dirties with Bella's unborn foetus.
Pedowolf
Decimo is offline   Reply With Quote
chinwenjie Male
Super Junior Member

#33 Old 05-05-2011 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywoxy25 View Post
doesn't edward have some serious relationship issues? Getting bella pregnant and then leaving her, then wanting to commit suicide (or sparkle in the sunlight, i can't remember which). Speaking of pregnancies, i remember jacob wanting to do dirties with bella's unborn foetus.

All in all, i feel that the twilight series is actually stephanie meyer's wet dream, which is perhaps why it appeals more to girls than to boys. It is why edward is described to be an "adonis" (despite being played by what's-his-face), while bella isn't given a specific description so any girl can pretend its her (although in the movie, it looks like she hasn't had a bowel movement for weeks).
hahahahahahaha nice
chinwenjie is offline   Reply With Quote
amara93 Female
Super Junior Member

#34 Old 05-05-2011 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

Quote:
Bella isn't given a specific description so any girl can pretend its her (although in the movie, it looks like she hasn't had a bowel movement for weeks).
LOL Agreed.

And to answer the question of why Twilight is so special:

In what other book can you find SPARKLY VAMPIRES? I'm just sayin XP

But one good thing about the book is it has so many adjectives, you can make a dictionary out of it. Did any of you notice that?

Last edited by amara93; 05-05-2011 at 12:11 AM.
amara93 is offline   Reply With Quote
chinwenjie Male
Super Junior Member

#35 Old 05-05-2011 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decimo View Post
I like the first book. The rest, not so much. Totally agree with Dominic about the ending. I was hoping for death and blood . But in the end, the ending was a letdown
Yep same here. the first book caught my interest but the rest...just disappointments. Same goes with the ending.
chinwenjie is offline   Reply With Quote
Dman90 Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#36 Old 08-05-2011 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herlene View Post
Why do people keep caomparing Twilight with Harry Poter anyway? Is it because of Robert Pattison?
Robert Pattinson didn't even last one movie in the HP series, did he?

Quote:
Doesn't Edward have some serious relationship issues? Getting Bella pregnant and then leaving her, then wanting to commit suicide (or sparkle in the sunlight, I can't remember which). Speaking of pregnancies, I remember Jacob wanting to do dirties with Bella's unborn foetus
Wow, I'm surprised that you know so much about it

Dman90 is offline   Reply With Quote