ReCom.org
Every Little Thing About Medicine Discussion for Doctors, Pharmacists, Potential Doctors, Patients and also Nurse :on Everything about Medicine!

Pharmacy

chien
Super Junior Member

#31 Old 27-06-2005 Default

i'm also interested in pharmacy, and I heard Nottingham University is offering MPharm...it's a 2+2 twinning program and you'll be offered scholarships if your results are good...anyone planning to join Nottingham?
chien is offline   Reply With Quote
kintaro_kun
Slightly Senior Member

#32 Old 30-08-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwx86
hmm, thats rather ironic, U get exactly the same degree from the same uni (thats wat i heard frm the roadshow) but yet one is recognised but one isn't....so, other than M'sia, where else the degree is recognised? Is it the same form med degree?
the european union prohibits twinned pharmacy programme from any member of the european union from being recognised for practise in the european union. people should have checked before they enrolled. as they say, read the FINE prints.

to be able to practise in the uk(to register in the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain) if you are not a uk graduate in pharmacy, refer to this site:
http://www.rpsgb.org.uk/members/

it seems to me if you really want to practise in uk,the better alternative would be to get an australian, new zealand pharm degree as a stepping stone.refer to the above site to know why.
kintaro_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
seancl85
Less Junior Member

#33 Old 02-09-2005 Default

so now..UCSI(sedaya)...is having their own programmes?...no more twinning with curtin and usm...since they have got uni college status?...coz i have one friend just admitted this year...not really sure is he following the twinning programme or ucsi own programme
seancl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
kintaro_kun
Slightly Senior Member

#34 Old 02-09-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancl85
so now..UCSI(sedaya)...is having their own programmes?...no more twinning with curtin and usm...since they have got uni college status?...coz i have one friend just admitted this year...not really sure is he following the twinning programme or ucsi own programme
they have that twinning with curtin as well as their own's now, no more with usm. their own pharm degree starts this year, their medical degree too.
kintaro_kun
Slightly Senior Member

#35 Old 02-09-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancl85
they have that twinning with curtin as well as their own's now, no more with usm. their own pharm degree starts this year, their medical degree too.
seancl85
Less Junior Member

#36 Old 07-10-2005 Default

just curious...has ucsi own pharmacy programme now ..has been accreditted by LAN....n how bout imu bac.pharmacy not the master 1...i heard it has not been accreditted yet..izzit true
seancl85 is offline   Reply With Quote

#37 Old 16-10-2005 Default

How about Pharmacy in S.I.T International College? the have a 2+2 twinning programme with University of South Australia.
kintaro_kun
Slightly Senior Member

#38 Old 22-10-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How about Pharmacy in S.I.T International College? the have a 2+2 twinning programme with University of South Australia.
i've got 2 friends who studied the twinned programme, one is working in sydney and another one in hong kong now. quite fun, i guess.
xen
Super Junior Member

#39 Old 22-10-2005 Default SIT twinning programme

is it very competetive to enter SIT pharmacy twinning programme??
i mean for STPM student....do they offer scholarship after u completed the second year b4 goin to AUS??

anyone doing pharmacy in SIT now??well u may share some of ur experience here...thanx!~
xen is offline   Reply With Quote
nwx86
Less Junior Member

#40 Old 23-10-2005 Default

As for whether it is competative or not, I should say its not the question here. Its whether your results comply with the minimum requirements or not. Try applying the moment you have your results or with your forecast results.
nwx86 is offline   Reply With Quote