ReCom.org
Every Little Thing About Medicine Discussion for Doctors, Pharmacists, Potential Doctors, Patients and also Nurse :on Everything about Medicine!

Isat!

RinSin Female
Super Junior Member

#1 Old 01-04-2009 Default Isat!

Hey guys,

Im taking the ISAT on may 22nd. And since I can't really study for it b/c i tried to look for a prep book everywhere and there isnt any! Can someone enlighten me on how the test is? Is it similiar to the SATs? I've taken the SAT before and scored a 2110. I've already finished my applications to the states, but i really want to go to Australia for medicine. Someone please tell how the ISAT is like? How hard is it comparable to the SAT?
RinSin is offline   Reply With Quote
RinSin Female
Super Junior Member

#2 Old 01-04-2009 Default Isat

Hey guys,

Im taking the ISAT on may 22nd. And since I can't really study for it b/c i tried to look for a prep book everywhere and there isnt any! Can someone enlighten me on how the test is? Is it similiar to the SATs? I've taken the SAT before and scored a 2110. Someone please tell how the ISAT is like? How hard is it in comparison to sat?

Last edited by RinSin; 01-04-2009 at 07:52 PM.
RinSin is offline   Reply With Quote
youngyew Male
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#3 Old 01-04-2009 Default Re: Isat!

Moderator Note: I have just merged two threads into one. Please do not post redundant threads, it hurts the eyes and only irritate people.

By the way, about ISAT, it's actually totally different from SAT. SAT assesses one's aptitude in maths, english, science etc among others. On the other hand, ISAT is basically a modified IQ test. They will have questions like, "if all cats are tame, and some cats are black, then all tame cats are black - right or wrong?". There is also a "comprehension" component where you are presented with a graph and you have to interpret it. There are also some metaphorical stuff - the one I remember the most is, there is a guy's sillhoeutte with finger prints overlying the sillhoeutte, and the question is asking you to choose an appropriate interpretation of that picture out of four options.

ISAT is not too hard, in fact it's possible to score 100 in it. On the other hand, it could be challenging in that some medical schools in Australia (Western Australia, if I'm not mistaken) requires a pretty high ISAT score (something like >90 for two components) as one of the prerequisites for admission. But there's actually nothing much one could prepare for it. Just make sure that you enter the exam hall fresh and alert, and you will do well.

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
youngyew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to youngyew For This Useful Post:
alter_ego

#4 Old 28-12-2011 Default Re: Isat!

^Bump

thanks for the explanation Youngyew . I might take this ISAT next year.

this is my life.
alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
alter_ego

#5 Old 31-03-2012 Default Re: Isat!

Anyone is taking ISAT besides me? LOL. Lets share tips! I'm very nervous :S

this is my life.
alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
xiaoling Female
Super Junior Member

#6 Old 07-12-2012 Default Re: Isat!

Im taking ISAT soon. pls share some tips. can i find practices online? whr do i search?
xiaoling is offline   Reply With Quote