ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > SPM & STPM

SPM & STPM Post questions on SPM and STPM topics ONLY.

Choosing BIO @ PHYSICS in F6??????????

PINKPIGGY
Less Junior Member

#1 Old 28-03-2005 Default Choosing BIO @ PHYSICS in F6??????????

Can someone help me on choosing subjects in F6? 8O Cos i'm lost???!!!! Wat is al about in PHY & BIO?? My SPM results show nothing cos i get 2A is both subjects.. i just want 2 know more about these 2 subjects. thanks a lot 4 yr replies.................
PINKPIGGY is offline   Reply With Quote
HappyCat

#2 Old 28-03-2005 Default

as i noe, u need 2 use ur brain 2 think more in PHY on calculation things n its theory not too long n confusing...while BIO is more about memorize. my BIO teacher had said tat BIO is harder than KM and FZ cause we hv 2 really understand wat it is talking about, otherwise, we wil find very hard 2 study the next chapter...

it depends on u...if u like calculation thing, u can choose PHY.
if u r not strong in tat but good in memorising, then choose BIO.

hope its help...

corret me if i'm wrong...
HappyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
leng_cyl

#3 Old 28-03-2005 Default

to choose either bio or physics, it really depends on yourself, think deeply, which field u prefers? Or what you wanna be in the future?

I myself is still blur about what I wanna be in the future, however, between bio and physics, I know that I prefer biology so I decided to take biology ^^
However, my memory not good enough...haha... I'll try harder to learn biology as I like biology (although I scared of the process of some experiments which need sacrifications of animals >.< )
Besides, in spm, I've got A1 for physics but A2 only for my bio.. lol

-USM undergraduate-

My Blog ~ http://hedwigelaine.blogspot.com
leng_cyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Gadowain
Super Junior Member

#4 Old 28-03-2005 Default Re: Choosing BIO @ PHYSICS in F6??????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINKPIGGY
Can someone help me on choosing subjects in F6? 8O Cos i'm lost???!!!! Wat is al about in PHY & BIO?? My SPM results show nothing cos i get 2A is both subjects.. i just want 2 know more about these 2 subjects. thanks a lot 4 yr replies.................

Well,i think that it all depends on u . try to think about this..when u were in form 5, which subjects u like most??i mean between physics and bio??and also...which subjects u are more confident in??Physics or Bio?Well, as far as i know...i think that Physics is a subject that u need to understand BEFORE u do its calculation...and also,...as u go along with physics...u are inevitable from memorising some quite long formulaes..even u do understand, u have to memorize..but like i said, when u understand its concept, it will help u memorize better...well...the bottomline is, memorize with understanding....ok??and also...i suggest that u take a brief look at the Physics upper 6 and lower 6 reference book,( i recommend Pelangi or Fajar Bakti) and try to find out urself whether or not u are interested or will ne interested in it??ok??well, that's all....Thanks and good luck in ur form 6....
Gadowain is offline   Reply With Quote
kevinkhoo1986

#5 Old 28-03-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCat
as i noe, u need 2 use ur brain 2 think more in PHY on calculation things n its theory not too long n confusing...while BIO is more about memorize. my BIO teacher had said tat BIO is harder than KM and FZ cause we hv 2 really understand wat it is talking about, otherwise, we wil find very hard 2 study the next chapter...

it depends on u...if u like calculation thing, u can choose PHY.
if u r not strong in tat but good in memorising, then choose BIO.

hope its help...

corret me if i'm wrong...
Lol..... inversely, my physics teacher told us that Physics is tougher than biology because u have so many formulaes to memorise. Apart from this, memorising is not sufficient enough to excel in physics, u really required understandings in order to score in this subject. Happycat is correct in the sense that physics required a lot of calculations and u have to be really good in math. Especially differentiation and so on. But based on my past experience, i think biology is more about memorising rather than understandings.

But anyway the most important thing is to know what you want to be in the future. Then look at your own ability to see whether u can make it or not. Dont try to say u want to become a doctor if you dont even get any a in spm. The chances are still there but do you think it is possible? Anyway, physics or biology class have it's own advantages and disadvantages.

Physics students are generally have more variety of courses to choose when applying for local u. Apart from this, you dont have to obtain a very excellent( i mean 4.00 in stpm) result to get into the course you want. But of course, once you graduated, you are not going to earn as high as the doctor, dentist and so on.

Most of the biology students are generally aiming for critical course such as medicine, pharmacy, dentistry and so on. But do bear in mind, eventhough u got 4.0 in stpm, you are not guaranted to get these critical course due to stiff competition among the scorer. And at the end u might end up being offered courses like zoology and so on. (My friend's sister initially aiming for medicine course, but she got 1a and 3b in stpm which is nearly impossible to get medicine course. She is going to russia soon to pursue medicine. What a waste of time and money) But if you are succeeded, no doubt you are going to have a very bright future and earns lot's of $$$. That's why i think money is another factor why so many students opt for biology class
kevinkhoo1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
kevinkhoo1986

#6 Old 28-03-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng_cyl
to choose either bio or physics, it really depends on yourself, think deeply, which field u prefers? Or what you wanna be in the future?

I myself is still blur about what I wanna be in the future, however, between bio and physics, I know that I prefer biology so I decided to take biology ^^
However, my memory not good enough...haha... I'll try harder to learn biology as I like biology (although I scared of the process of some experiments which need sacrifications of animals >.< )
Besides, in spm, I've got A1 for physics but A2 only for my bio.. lol
But generally girl are opting for biology class. My class which is a physics class just have 7 princess out of 37 students! so the male to female ratio is about 4:1 sob sob...
kevinkhoo1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
zqax

#7 Old 28-03-2005 Default

oh ,
how about I love physic but isn't good at it at all ?I don't very fond of the calculation part..I need a long time to understand physic, but I like it...
I can study Biology easily in SPM but it is kind of boring compared to physic as I don't have the oppurtunities to think a lot...However,my bio result is a bit better than physic.....
So, should we choose what we are good at or what subject that we fond of?
Super Junior Member

#8 Old 29-03-2005 Default

I heard that when we study f6, time factor will be the most crucial part of f6.Is this true?

If the subject is going to be tough for me to understand(for me is physics),why take?My logic is that in f6,I will not be able to have the time(even if I want to) to even grasp on what the topic is trying to say.I'm not trying to discourage anyone from taking physics,but I believe that I should go for the subject that I understand the fastest.(that's bio for me)

But if both subjects are going to be as difficult to understand,then go for tuitions!
agape is offline   Reply With Quote
PINKPIGGY
Less Junior Member

#9 Old 29-03-2005 Default

Thanks a lot 4 yr help.

actually i kinda like bio more, but some who finish their f6 in bio advise me 2 take phy(if can manage calculation) cos i dun quite like memorising. N our schl does not hs enough space 4 our exp.There r about 45 students (ya, mostly girls) in 1 class! Imagine how can we do experiments in such crowded lab(enough space for only 35-40 people).

There r also rumours that physics is easier 2 score A (than bio) in STpm. Is this true?

Quote:
KevinKhoohysics students are generally have more variety of courses to choose when applying for local u
So, like Kevin says. . . . I am afrad that if i dunot do well in STPM, i become a zoologist, no no no! a zookeeper is worse (j. kidding )
[/quote]
PINKPIGGY is offline   Reply With Quote
kucingbiru

#10 Old 29-03-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinkhoo1986
Lol..... inversely, my physics teacher told us that Physics is tougher than biology because u have so many formulaes to memorise.
hmm, i dont think ur physics teacher is right. whether physics or biology is tougher thn the other is highly debatable, so high that it will never end.

what ur teacher said might be her personal opinion, and i doubt anyone can prove it. everything relies on the ability of a person. to me, physics is so much easier compared to bio. in fact, i dont think i have to remember anything for physics.

so, back to original question. PINKPIGGY, i believe u've done both physics and biology in high school. so, u know which one u like better. do what u like, there's nothing wrong with it.
kucingbiru is offline   Reply With Quote