ReCom.org
Every Little Thing About Medicine Discussion for Doctors, Pharmacists, Potential Doctors, Patients and also Nurse :on Everything about Medicine!

IMU : All you need to know!!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
jingguo Male
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 341
  #71 Old 18-02-2011 Default Re: IMU : All you need to know!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan1982 View Post
hi guys..actually im thinking of applying to imu next year... but not sure is UM science foundation rsult accepted?? and other than the john beck scholars...what are the other options available?

hope anyone can enlighten me here..
Hi,

Which UM science foundation do you mean specifically? If its the one that you do in PASUM. I think it should be acceptable since that is equivalent to a government's ministry of education's matriculation programme. For that your cGPA would be taken as a entry requirement.

Depending on which pathway you would want to take. The John Beck and IMU scholarships are only for 5 year local medical course. That said, there are only one place for each scholarships per year and application would normally be open sometime in March/April, to be considered for August intake only. The other financial option that you can get would be PTPTN loan which would cover about 50% of the study course again locally. There are also other financial aids such as Kuok foundation, MARA and EPF. For overseas programme, there is only one which is the JPA loan which would be a maximum of RM200,000 for the entire study years oveseas.


Cheers.
jingguo is offline   Reply With Quote
cutie87
Super Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 39
  #72 Old 27-02-2011 Default Re: IMU : All you need to know!!!

Can I apply to the partner university directly after the phase 1 medical preparation in IMU if i am not satisfy with the matched uni.
cutie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
jingguo Male
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 341
  #73 Old 27-02-2011 Default Re: IMU : All you need to know!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie87 View Post
Can I apply to the partner university directly after the phase 1 medical preparation in IMU if i am not satisfy with the matched uni.
Hi hi, you would not be able to do so, as this would be a matching programme. Hence, the university only offers the places as agreed with IMU. ie, if uni X were to offer 5 places to IMU students from the matching programme, and you are not the 5, you just cant apply to that particular university as you are not allocated a seat at all.

Regards,
jingguo
jingguo is offline   Reply With Quote
noobnoob014
Super Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1
  #74 Old 02-05-2012 Default Re: IMU : All you need to know!!!

Hello everyone, the following questions are directed at current and past IMU students from the Partner Medical School program. Please enlighten me on the following areas.
1. Does the 2.5 years spent in IMU leave you well prepared to study in a UK partner medical school? (eg. Endinburgh, Glasgow university...) In what way does it leave you well prepared/ not well prepared?

2. What areas of the education there can be better improved? Is it the:
-Study materials?
-Teaching/Lectures?
-Clinical Skills teaching?
-Face-time with tutors ( Are the lecturers approachable for individual help when you have a trouble in a particular topic etc?)
3. Is the August or February intake better for entry into a UK partner medical school such that there isn't a big gap between the time you finish your phase 1 of the IMU medical programme and the time you enter the UK university?
I look forward to your advice. Your help is greatly appreciated.
noobnoob014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Mirianchoo
ReCom Staff
Kapitan o'Wiki
 
Mirianchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 129
  #75 Old 25-05-2012 Default Re: IMU : All you need to know!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobnoob014 View Post
Hello everyone, the following questions are directed at current and past IMU students from the Partner Medical School program. Please enlighten me on the following areas.
1. Does the 2.5 years spent in IMU leave you well prepared to study in a UK partner medical school? (eg. Endinburgh, Glasgow university...) In what way does it leave you well prepared/ not well prepared?

2. What areas of the education there can be better improved? Is it the:
-Study materials?
-Teaching/Lectures?
-Clinical Skills teaching?
-Face-time with tutors ( Are the lecturers approachable for individual help when you have a trouble in a particular topic etc?)
3. Is the August or February intake better for entry into a UK partner medical school such that there isn't a big gap between the time you finish your phase 1 of the IMU medical programme and the time you enter the UK university?
I look forward to your advice. Your help is greatly appreciated.
1. Does the 2.5 years spent in IMU leave you well prepared to study in a UK partner medical school? (eg. Edinburgh, Glasgow university...) In what way does it leave you well prepared/ not well prepared?

It leaves you very well prepared in terms of knowledge, but not so well prepared in terms of clinical skills.

2. What areas of the education there can be better improved?

The notes and lectures. Plus the Medical Museum sessions and PBL sessions need fixing

3. Is the August or February intake better for entry into a UK partner medical school such that there isn't a big gap between the time you finish your phase 1 of the IMU medical programme and the time you enter the UK university?

February I guess
Mirianchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
BipolarPsyche
Super Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5
  #76 Old 16-07-2012 Default Re: IMU : All you need to know!!!

Hi there! I would like to know about the BPharm program offered by IMU.

Does an interview required for admission into BPharm? I was doing International Baccalaureate Diploma in a private college and passed with a meager 31 points. The requirement for BPharm with IB in IMU is 30. How much chance do I have?

Do they have such thing as personal statement to be written in the application?

I was going to apply or medicine but then again my points become the limiting factor. Thus, I'm looking for an opportunity to enter Pharmacy. Is there any statistics to show how many students got accepted into the Bpharm course in IMU?
BipolarPsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Mirianchoo
ReCom Staff
Kapitan o'Wiki
 
Mirianchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 129
  #77 Old 17-07-2012 Default Re: IMU : All you need to know!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipolarPsyche View Post
Hi there! I would like to know about the BPharm program offered by IMU.

Does an interview required for admission into BPharm? I was doing International Baccalaureate Diploma in a private college and passed with a meager 31 points. The requirement for BPharm with IB in IMU is 30. How much chance do I have?

Do they have such thing as personal statement to be written in the application?

I was going to apply or medicine but then again my points become the limiting factor. Thus, I'm looking for an opportunity to enter Pharmacy. Is there any statistics to show how many students got accepted into the Bpharm course in IMU?
No interview required.

Most of my friends entered the course without a problem. IMU does accept many students into the Bpharm programme. Worth a try. All the best! Just make sure your Chemistry is good and you are willing to work hard.
Mirianchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
BipolarPsyche
Super Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5
  #78 Old 17-07-2012 Default Re: IMU : All you need to know!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirianchoo View Post
No interview required.

Most of my friends entered the course without a problem. IMU does accept many students into the Bpharm programme. Worth a try. All the best! Just make sure your Chemistry is good and you are willing to work hard.

Thanks. Glad there is no interview, lol.

The min requirement is that all subjects must not have a grade less than 3. My Chemistry HL (Higher Level) is 4 only.

In IB Diploma the aggregate point is 45. I got 31 only. Average.

My English HL contributed 6, the highest among all the 6 subjects that I took. *I know this is confusing because it's rare for a Malaysian to take IB Diploma though it's an Internationally recognised program*

But thanks, for the info, I'm going to ask IMU about applying and stuffs like that.
BipolarPsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
BipolarPsyche
Super Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5
  #79 Old 19-07-2012 Default Re: IMU : All you need to know!!!

Excuse me, I have submitted my online application few days ago and one of the program that I applied states that it is 'KIV Pending Processing Fee'. What does it mean? I'm nervous. How long does it take for IMU to review applicant's form?
BipolarPsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

ReCom stands for Reborn Community. It has no affiliation with other organizations that may share the same name. The views expressed in this website solely represent the authors point of view and do not necessarily reflect the views of ReCom Anchors and other ReCom users.


 

Page generated in 0.11165 seconds with 14 queries