ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > ReCom Chat Forum

ReCom Chat Forum This is where you chat! As per new policy, all social messages e.g. "hey are you the cute guy sitting next to me in interview yesterday" MUST be posted here.

AUSMAT at INTEC for July Intake 2011

TTS_93 Male
Super Junior Member

#1 Old 10-05-2011 Smile AUSMAT at INTEC for July Intake 2011

Hi there! I just got my offer letter form Petronas and was offered to study AUS-MAT at INTEC before going to New Zealand. I am very new to INTEC, so I would like to ask a few questions about INTEC:

1. I heard that we only need to stay in there during the orientation week, after that we can stay off-campus? Cause my house is very near to INTEC. I don't mind staying there during weekdays, but can I at least go home during the weekends?

2. Is Wi-Fi available there?

3. Can I wear a Polo T-shirt (collared but short sleeved) and long pants for lectures?

4. Can I wear shorts for sports? I prefer running around in shorts, and I believe most do too...XD

That's all from me. Hope that some seniors in INTEC can reply to me. My intake is on the 3rd of July 2011. Thanks a whole lot!
TTS_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
iAdoreNaz Male

#2 Old 10-05-2011 Default Re: AUSMAT at INTEC for July Intake 2011

I really envious of you.
Good luck and hope we can meet there.
Finger cross ( JPA scholarship )..
iAdoreNaz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iAdoreNaz For This Useful Post:
Garfield93 Male

#3 Old 10-05-2011 Default Re: AUSMAT at INTEC for July Intake 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTS_93 View Post
Hi there! I just got my offer letter form Petronas and was offered to study AUS-MAT at INTEC before going to New Zealand. I am very new to INTEC, so I would like to ask a few questions about INTEC:

1. I heard that we only need to stay in there during the orientation week, after that we can stay off-campus? Cause my house is very near to INTEC. I don't mind staying there during weekdays, but can I at least go home during the weekends?

3. Can I wear a Polo T-shirt (collared but short sleeved) and long pants for lectures?

4. Can I wear shorts for sports? I prefer running around in shorts, and I believe most do too...XD

That's all from me. Hope that some seniors in INTEC can reply to me. My intake is on the 3rd of July 2011. Thanks a whole lot!

grats on getting it.. i think you could refer to the 2010 JPA Germany Engineering thread on info about INTEC coz German-bound scholars of JPA all going there.

Q:What is the definition of human beings?

A:Human being is a creature who cuts trees,make them into papers and write 'Go Green,Save the Earth' on the same paper
Garfield93 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Garfield93 For This Useful Post:
TTS_93 Male
Super Junior Member

#4 Old 10-05-2011 Default Re: AUSMAT at INTEC for July Intake 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAdoreNaz View Post
I really envious of you.
Good luck and hope we can meet there.
Finger cross ( JPA scholarship )..
sure you can! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield93 View Post
grats on getting it.. i think you could refer to the 2010 JPA Germany Engineering thread on info about INTEC coz German-bound scholars of JPA all going there.
Thanks! I'll try and see...

Last edited by TTS_93; 10-05-2011 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
TTS_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
freylifej Female
Less Junior Member

#5 Old 10-05-2011 Default Re: AUSMAT at INTEC for July Intake 2011

1.As I know, all the scholars who're studying in INTEC have to stay in hostel provided. And of course weekends you can go home. But only when there's no activity during weekends. LOL

2. Wi-Fi in INTEC campus is free. But you have to apply for it. While in hostel, you'll have to subscribe. rm20 per month. And rm100 during 1st time application. I'm not sure if the rm100 is applicable once each sem.

3. Guys are allowed to wear short sleeves. But collared.

4. No shorts allowed in INTEC nor hostel. LOL. except in ur own room.
freylifej is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to freylifej For This Useful Post:
lxy Female
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#6 Old 10-05-2011 Default Re: AUSMAT at INTEC for July Intake 2011

Quote:

hey there, i'm from intec! =D not doing AUSMAT though. technically, you've got to stay in the hostels during the weekdays and what-not. but i know people who go home everyday, so i guess it really depends on how you work your way around it.

free wifi in INTEC, you've got to pay for the one at the hostels. but no one uses it anyway. lol.

if assuming you're a guy, so yeah, you can wear t-shirt and jeans. as long as you wear long pants on campus. the only "regulation" for guys is that you have to wear formal attire on mondays.

er. i think it's best if you wear long pants, even for sports. the guards here seem to enjoy saman-ing people for their attire. LOL

anyway, there's actually a thread on RECOM about intec. i think it's called "life at intec". go check it out and see if you get the answers you want. =)

congrats on your scholarship, btw. =D
vampiric_guy_01 Male

#7 Old 10-05-2011 Default Re: AUSMAT at INTEC for July Intake 2011

Quote:

congrats dude.....

firstly of course you can go home on weekends..... Lol...
after the orientation week, you can just leave ur stuff and stay at home and travel front and back to INTEC by urself if you want to.... but then its not a good idea either.... cos you should mix around with new friends first.... then later its all up to you la.... they won't go to the room to check for you ....

Wi-fi ..cendana don't have... cemara/akasia have ..... with fees..

at cendana / at your room... anything u wish of coz........ at INTEC long pants of course ..... t-shirts without colar is okay also if you wear a sweater on....

shorts for sports..... basically its very usual in the hostel area but you cant leave the hostel gate with short pants...

God made us with a reason and give us the best path... i'm here with a reason and so are you....
Be the best of yourself and live life
vampiric_guy_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vampiric_guy_01 For This Useful Post:
andy0727 Male
Super Junior Member

#8 Old 11-05-2011 Default Re: AUSMAT at INTEC for July Intake 2011

I m going to INTEC too. Taking Petronas scholarship and will be studying AUSMAT there.INTEC has it own basketball court and laundry?
Will they charge us? Hope to see u all there...
andy0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
lesto Male

#9 Old 11-05-2011 Default Re: AUSMAT at INTEC for July Intake 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy0727 View Post
I m going to INTEC too. Taking Petronas scholarship and will be studying AUSMAT there.INTEC has it own basketball court and laundry?
Will they charge us? Hope to see u all there...
Congrats! You'll enjoy your time there.
INTEC, Cemara and Cendana have a basketball court each. Yes they have washing machines available around the hostel compound. If i'm not wrong, it is rm2.50 per wash. Alternatively, you can just go to the nearby kedai dobis to wash your clothes. The prices are rather reasonable.
lesto is offline   Reply With Quote
andy0727 Male
Super Junior Member

#10 Old 13-05-2011 Default Re: AUSMAT at INTEC for July Intake 2011

Can i now how to get to INTEC from pudu,kl sentral and tbs by public transportation?
Is somewhere in the campus where i can print or photostat, how's the charges bcause i m not going to bring printer there?Is there any chinese food outside the campus?Usually, what's the study period of AUSMAT, 1 year?Thanks for your patience to ans my questions...
andy0727 is offline   Reply With Quote