ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Malaysia Today

Malaysia Today Discussion about issues related to Malaysian politics and economy.

The Missing History Text

Xon
lazy bunny
Administrator

#1 Old 23-01-2011 Default The Missing History Text

http://goo.gl/ILsti
http://goo.gl/Y7tia (part 2)

What you guys think about these articles after reading it?

I have a professor-cum-tutor who shared with me (a few years back) that a local public university actually discovered something similar about the history of our country but it's covered up due to political pressure.

Federation of Malaysia is formed by Sarawak, North Borneo, Malaya (and Singapore) by 16 Sept 1963. It has nothing to do with 31 Aug 1957. Just saying.

Last edited by Xon; 23-01-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Xon is offline   Reply With Quote
stupidboy

#2 Old 23-01-2011 Default Re: The Missing History Text

Another thing about history, from what I heard last time (forgot from where though) :

Anyway, it's a free world. We have the right to think what we want. No racism was intended. We all wanna know the truth, but the truth is that we will never get it. Everywhere in the world, it's the same. The ugly truth will be covered up by pretty lies.
Zero willpower to come back,
Intensity is what I lack,
Now, how can I revive my soul?
Endlessness describes my journey,
Stranded, unable to be free,
Someone please save me!
stupidboy is offline   Reply With Quote
weixiang Male

#3 Old 23-01-2011 Default Re: The Missing History Text

I think it's best for us to stop speculating on all these things. It doesn't really matter whether who is the 'penduduk asli' and who is the 'pendatang'. It's better to concentrate on what WE can do together for the betterment of OUR beloved country-Malaysia.
weixiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Xon
lazy bunny
Administrator

#4 Old 23-01-2011 Default Re: The Missing History Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidboy View Post
Another thing about history, from what I heard last time (forgot from where though) :

This story is ubiquitous among my friends. We heard this since Form 1 when we study "Komponen Sastera" in BM.. ^^"

Federation of Malaysia is formed by Sarawak, North Borneo, Malaya (and Singapore) by 16 Sept 1963. It has nothing to do with 31 Aug 1957. Just saying.

Last edited by Xon; 23-01-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Xon is offline   Reply With Quote
Chelsea Female
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#5 Old 24-01-2011 Default Re: The Missing History Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidboy View Post

We did ask our BM teacher bout this fact when i was studying the komponen sastera. well, according to my teacher her name was actually Puteri Li Po, a princess from China. Then, when she got married to the sultan (forgot what was his name). She awarded the title "Hang" to her just like today where they award the "Datuk" to the people. So, according to my teacher the word "Hang" is actually a title awarded to the deserving people at that time. thats how they got all the Hang's- Hang Tuah, Hang Jebat and so on. But she did say that she read somewhere that Hang Tuah is actually a Chinese. So, there goes another unanswered question.Oh well, I dont know how true it is. but that was what we were made to understand.

Last edited by Xon; 24-01-2011 at 08:24 AM.
Chelsea is offline   Reply With Quote
JonChua Male

#6 Old 25-01-2011 Default Re: The Missing History Text

There never was any Princess called Li Po, as I understand. The Chinese Empire at that time would never send any princess to a minor vassalage like Melaka. Maybe a handmaiden or courtesan called Li Po, but definitely not a princess. The Sejarah we had to force down our throats is nothing more than glorified BS.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han
http://english.cpiasia.net/index.php...ors&Itemid=171

Last edited by JonChua; 25-01-2011 at 08:03 PM.
JonChua is offline   Reply With Quote