ReCom.org
Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships Everything about scholarships provided by the Public Services Department of Malaysia

JPA France Engineering 2010

Boyz_Zoo Male
Lord of Spams 2009
Wiki Contributor

#61 Old 14-11-2010 Default Re: JPA France Engineering 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuanpang View Post
iso, the life there sounds great. im now with another thirty something ppl doing prefrance in MFI. shall finish our first sem soon. life here is so hectic as the tests are sooooo difficult. good luck on everything, tq for ur info btw. =)
relax, chuan pang. It's jz the 1st sem. thr is a lot 2 go like wat our senior, neutral_ph hv said. jz enjoy mfi. as hectic as it's, u can always go out durin d weekends with ur frens doing crazy things.

I'm already at 3rd sem as u hv already knw, but i'm spending most of my weekends by not studyin even though i hv tests practically evry week. I'm expectin IUT 2 be even harder, so enjoy now 1st loh.
Less Junior Member

#62 Old 15-11-2010 Default Re: JPA France Engineering 2010

looooooooooooool, i knew im just in the easy game mode, just anyhow complain a little bit. hahahha siva, as u know, im always slacking, so seriously, i wont be stressed!! hhahahah
chuanpang is offline   Reply With Quote
Boyz_Zoo Male
Lord of Spams 2009
Wiki Contributor

#63 Old 15-11-2010 Default Re: JPA France Engineering 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuanpang View Post
looooooooooooool, i knew im just in the easy game mode, just anyhow complain a little bit. hahahha siva, as u know, im always slacking, so seriously, i wont be stressed!! hhahahah
ya, n yet u r among d best in ur batch
Super Junior Member

#64 Old 25-03-2011 Default Re: JPA France Engineering 2010

Hello It has been almost a year I'm in France.

Life is good here. Struggling with a lot of tests. But, it's fun

Yes, everything will be difficult soon when I leave my preparatory class here and enter an engineering school or IUT. I'm still having a hard time choosing my future path. It's either I enter IUT for two years and then 3 years in an engineering school (Grande ?cole) OR straight away enter ?cole for 5 years.

FYI, DUT in IUT is not recognised in Malaysia, and a Diplome Ingeni?ur that we obtain after graduate from ?cole is certified as a degree in Malaysia.
Because the education systems between France and Malaysia are different, we can't really put them on the same balance and compare.

Marking systems here is 20/20. If an IUT students can have a mean of 12/20 all the time, it's okay enough. To enter ?cole, you have to be really good in IUT (like be the top 3 in the whole IUT and of course, you will have to compete with locals and other ?trangers) Honestly, Malaysians usually do very well in IUT. (based on my seniors' performances)

And also, congratulations to all SPM 2010 students
Less Junior Member

#65 Old 27-03-2011 Default Re: JPA France Engineering 2010

hey hey, i was wondering if u learn engineering there in french language..?
is it hard to cope with?
hanli is offline   Reply With Quote
Boyz_Zoo Male
Lord of Spams 2009
Wiki Contributor

#66 Old 27-03-2011 Default Re: JPA France Engineering 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanli View Post
is it hard to cope with?
of course, u hv 2 learn french. The french r proud of their language, so if u dun speak french, they will ignore u.
Well, at 1st, it'll b kinda hard bt in d end nearly evry1 cn cope up with it as v wen through a lot classes which really taught us a lot.
stupidboy

#67 Old 27-03-2011 Default Re: JPA France Engineering 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanli View Post
is it hard to cope with?
Everything is in French. The "preparatory class" that isoamyl92 talked about is one year of intensive French class with about six months of scientific classes (Physics, Maths, etc., all in French) mixed in between.

It is not really hard to cope, it is kind of fun like what isoamyl92 said. And it is kind of cool when you get compliments from Frenchmen for being able to converse fluently in French after doing just a year of French.

So you should not worry about the language factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isoamyl92 View Post
Hello It has been almost a year I'm in France.

Life is good here. Struggling with a lot of tests. But, it's fun

Yes, everything will be difficult soon when I leave my preparatory class here and enter an engineering school or IUT. I'm still having a hard time choosing my future path. It's either I enter IUT for two years and then 3 years in an engineering school (Grande ?cole) OR straight away enter ?cole for 5 years.

FYI, DUT in IUT is not recognised in Malaysia, and a Diplome Ingeni?ur that we obtain after graduate from ?cole is certified as a degree in Malaysia.
Because the education systems between France and Malaysia are different, we can't really put them on the same balance and compare.

Marking systems here is 20/20. If an IUT students can have a mean of 12/20 all the time, it's okay enough. To enter ?cole, you have to be really good in IUT (like be the top 3 in the whole IUT and of course, you will have to compete with locals and other ?trangers) Honestly, Malaysians usually do very well in IUT. (based on my seniors' performances)

And also, congratulations to all SPM 2010 students
In my opinion, if you are a scholarship holder, I expect you to get no less than 15/20 in IUT. It is really easy. Too bad I cannot see everyone getting that though...

Anyway, if you are lazy (lazy as in if it is too easy, you will not study at all until the last minute, but if it is hard, you will study hard) yet intelligent, then go for "Classe Pr?paratoire" and study like crazy to get into a good "Ecole d'Ing?nieur" (engineering school). The 2 years in "Classe Pr?paratoire" would be very hectic, but once over, you would be able to enjoy 3 years of easy engineering school life. If you chose to go into an IUT, then you would be able to enjoy 2 years of easy IUT life (which is really not that bad), but you would suffer when you get into an engineering school (since you have gotten used to your laziness in IUT and tend not to work even though it is hard in an engineering school).

If you are hardworking and intelligent, then go for either IUT or "Classe Pr?paratoire". It would be easy in IUT for 2 years and when you are number 1 (number 2 works as well but number 3 a lot less) in your IUT, you will be able to go into almost any engineering school that you want. But life would be a little bit (since you are hardworking) harder for the next 3 years.

If you are hardworking but stupid, then go for IUT. Try to get into the top 3 of your IUT so that you will have a chance of getting into an engineering school. Work like crazy again when you are in an engineering school to compensate what you lack.

If you are lazy and stupid, then I have nothing to say...

So, which catogory are you in?
Zero willpower to come back,
Intensity is what I lack,
Now, how can I revive my soul?
Endlessness describes my journey,
Stranded, unable to be free,
Someone please save me!
stupidboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stupidboy For This Useful Post:
isoamyl92 Female
Super Junior Member

#68 Old 31-03-2011 Default Re: JPA France Engineering 2010

D: I'm not in any of the categories. Not intelligent doesn't mean that you are stupid, right? (well, you called yourself "stupidboy"...LOL. jk) I agree with you, that we should be hardworking and serious about our study. Slacking too much will result in, being kicked off from Ecole ..

When you enter classe preparatoire and you fail, Ecole kicks you out and you go to IUT. That's it. If IUT also kicked you, you go back to Malaysia. The end.

#69 Old 06-04-2011 Default Re: JPA France Engineering 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by isoamyl92 View Post
D: I'm not in any of the categories. Not intelligent doesn't mean that you are stupid, right? (well, you called yourself "stupidboy"...LOL. jk) I agree with you, that we should be hardworking and serious about our study. Slacking too much will result in, being kicked off from Ecole ..

When you enter classe preparatoire and you fail, Ecole kicks you out and you go to IUT. That's it. If IUT also kicked you, you go back to Malaysia. The end.
Just for your information, entering "classe pr?paratoire" does not mean you are already in an "?cole". I do not know how to really explain this so I will just leave it that way.

And by the way, if you are kicked out of IUT, then you are really stupid (no matter what your definition of stupid is).
Zero willpower to come back,
Intensity is what I lack,
Now, how can I revive my soul?
Endlessness describes my journey,
Stranded, unable to be free,
Someone please save me!
stupidboy is offline   Reply With Quote
MrHoww Male

#70 Old 11-04-2011 Default Re: JPA France Engineering 2010

Hey, all the seniors here! I have applied for France Engineering and will be interviewed on 13 April 2011. But I have a few questions to ask:-
1. How many places are available for this course last year? Is it altogether 20+ per year? Or there are a few batches and each batch consists of 20+ scholars? If yes, please provide me with some details.
2. Je peux parle un petit peu fran?ais, mais quelque chose tr?s base et facile . Donc, sera mon fran?ais m'aider dans obtenir ce bourse d'?tude? Que pense-tu? Malheuresement, je n'ai pas un certificat pour mon fran?ais.

S'il vous pla?t me souhaitement quelque chance!
MrHoww is offline   Reply With Quote