ReCom.org
Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships Everything about scholarships provided by the Public Services Department of Malaysia

JPA Korean Engineering 2011

Jane93Scarlet Female
Super Junior Member

#161 Old 17-05-2011 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAdoreNaz View Post
Orientation only 3 days?
18, 19, 20?
Then another one week do what leh? Can go jalan2x? @@.. ~
haha..i have no idea about that..-.-''

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie_07 View Post
i also haven do. it's impossible to bring a medical check up report tmr also.. i called jpa they say never mind..hmm not very sure btw haha.. go intec website .. type ur ic number and can get student ID already. but stil cant print the bill enquiry. tmr only can ..
by that time when we can print our bill inquiry, we are too late to pay the yuran already...*sigh

Last edited by Jane93Scarlet; 17-05-2011 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Jane93Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
smartalex
Less Junior Member

#162 Old 12-10-2011 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

Glad to see that some are still interested and brave enough to apply to Korea XD
smartalex is offline   Reply With Quote
iAdoreNaz Male

#163 Old 24-10-2011 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalex View Post
Glad to see that some are still interested and brave enough to apply to Korea XD
Why ?? Explain please ;)!
iAdoreNaz is offline   Reply With Quote
iAdoreNaz Male

#164 Old 16-04-2012 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

no one is interested in Korean Programme?
adilla5 Female
Super Junior Member

#165 Old 16-04-2012 Cool Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

Me interested but i only manage to get 7As. So lame
adilla5 is offline   Reply With Quote
jzchai Male
Less Junior Member

#166 Old 16-04-2012 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

I am also interested,but why is it diploma but not degree???
jzchai is offline   Reply With Quote
iAdoreNaz Male

#167 Old 17-04-2012 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by adilla5 View Post
Me interested but i only manage to get 7As. So lame
The minimum requirement is 7A- , you still stand a chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzchai View Post
I am also interested,but why is it diploma but not degree???
The offer letter//course provided is Diploma, but actually you'll finish with Degree in Korea.
It's just the cut-of-point you have to met when you are studying foundation.

If you don't reach the cut-of-point for Degree, you'll study Diploma for 2 years then Degree for 2 years. If you reach the cut-of-point you'll straight studying for Degree (4 years) . It's just the same length of time but there are pro's and con's.
Quote:
There are some confusion about Korean Programme especially about the course offer which is "Diploma" and not "Degree" .
I'll try to explain

If you secure yourself with JPA Korean Programme scholarship. You will be ;
1. Studying in INTEC , UiTM ( Seksyen 18, Shah Alam ) for 9 months .
2. Learning Level 1 and Level 2 of Korean Language. ( By Korean Teachers )
3. Learning Foundation of Engineering ( Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry - Malaysian Lecturers )
4. Learning some additional subjects
(Islamic Studies or Ethic / Moral Studies , and Fundamental Of Speech ( FSC ), not to forget Korean Culture)

Additional Info
1. Korean Culture class is really fun. You'll learn how to make Korean Kite, Korean Food, participate in Korean Speech Competition, Watch Movie almost every week, Play Korean Games.
2. Fundamental of Speech. You'll be given a task, finished it during a particular given time. And present it in front of your friend.
3. There will be student from Korea every year coming to INTec. They're coming purposely to learn English and travelling in particular. Grab this time to make friend with Korean and practice your korean.
4. Korean Programme preparation is only 9 MONTHS! .. Grab this chance!

If you met the cut-of-point of 3.00CGPA in INTEC. You will be
1. Pursuing your foundation in Language Education Institute ( LEI ) , Seoul National University for one year.
2. During the day, you will be learning Korean Language.
( Level 3 to Level 6 for one year )
3. During the evening, you will be learning Engineering subjects.
( Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry )

If you did well in LEI, and reach more than 3.75CGPA. You'll pursuing you degree for 4 years in any University.

If you didn't ( greater than >3.00CGPA but < 3.75CGPA ). You'll be pursuing diploma for 2 years in Dongyang Technical University and another 2 years in any university for degree.
(Credit transfer)

Last edited by iAdoreNaz; 17-04-2012 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
adilla5 Female
Super Junior Member

#168 Old 17-04-2012 Post Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

I'm stuck in between actually. I want to apply TESL with MARA loan and at the same time I want to apply for this programme. Do you have a friend that got 7As for SPM that managed to get into this programme?

Last edited by adilla5; 17-04-2012 at 09:21 AM.
adilla5 is offline   Reply With Quote
skylinegtrr5 Male
Super Junior Member

#169 Old 03-05-2012 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

Hi Senior, I am choosing Korea Engineering 2012 programme. I have some crucial questions to ask you before I head myself to the interview. Appreciate so much for your help if my interview goes smoothly.

First of all, may I know what exactly about is the SAC test? Any example? As I am pretty worrying bout this. Secondly, what are the interview questions like for applicants who opt the Engineering course to Korea. Third, how can I continue my study so as to get a degree of Engineering, becuz JPA mentioned as for Korea applicant, we are going to study Diploma but will have the chance to further our study to degree. What does it mean by "Chance"? Still funding us to degree with what condition?

Thank you and awaiting your prompt reply
skylinegtrr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
iAdoreNaz Male

#170 Old 03-05-2012 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

I dont know what is SAC test. But there was test where you I had to answer either YES or NO . The question every year is quite the same, introduction .. general knowledge etc. Read the INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE in Recom will help. Everyone will pursue their studies until degree if you pass certain cut of point. That wont be hard if you put effort in your study. Hope you ill be choosen. Where are you from by the way ?