ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships

Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships Everything about scholarships provided by the Public Services Department of Malaysia

2012 JPA Scholarships for SPM leavers

Xon
lazy bunny
Administrator

#51 Old 11-04-2012 Default Re: 2012 JPA Scholarships for SPM leavers

I seen this from NTV7 9:30pm news. Please correct me if I am wrong. And please do not spam my inbox about this, I do not speak on behalf of the government.

JPA Scholarship is divided into 4 types this year.
Type 1: Top 50 SPM achievers will automatically be rewarded the scholarship to further their studies overseas.

Type 2: SPM 9A+ Achievers will secure "jenis bantuan" (direct translated from Mandarin) from the Government to further studies for their Pre-U level (STPM, A-Level, IB, Matrikulasi, Program Asasi etc). If they score well (more than CGPA3.5) or if they secure admission to top-notch universities, they government will consider to sponsor their degree studies either locally or overseas. Currently, there're 1609 students who scored 9A+ or more than 9A+.

Type 3: SPM less than 9A+ Achievers will be able to secure government sponsorship if they do well in their Pre-U. No further details about the criteria.

Type 4: Engineering Scholarships to Japan, Korea, France and Germany. No further details.

Last but not least, Scholarship is a form of reward and it is a privilege, NOT A HUMAN RIGHT as a Malaysian. If you do well in SPM, that does not mean you must/may/should/can secure PSD Scholarship. No one here is to decide who is more/less deserving than the others. Just saying.

Best wishes to all.

Federation of Malaysia is formed by Sarawak, North Borneo, Malaya (and Singapore) by 16 Sept 1963. It has nothing to do with 31 Aug 1957. Just saying.

Last edited by Xon; 11-04-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Xon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Xon For This Useful Post:
joan2468 Female
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#52 Old 11-04-2012 Default Re: 2012 JPA Scholarships for SPM leavers

It says PILN only starts in 2014. The things is, for January intake students who've already started their pre-u this year, they're supposed to start university in 2013...so how.
lazy bunny
Administrator

#53 Old 11-04-2012 Default Re: 2012 JPA Scholarships for SPM leavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by joan2468 View Post
It says PILN only starts in 2014. The things is, for January intake students who've already started their pre-u this year, they're supposed to start university in 2013...so how.
If you're SPM 2011 leaver, the Government might assume it takes you 2 years (2012-2013) to complete your Pre-U studies, I think. Hence, it makes sense to note when they said it only starts around 2014.

Federation of Malaysia is formed by Sarawak, North Borneo, Malaya (and Singapore) by 16 Sept 1963. It has nothing to do with 31 Aug 1957. Just saying.
Xon is offline   Reply With Quote
Archangel Female
Less Junior Member

#54 Old 11-04-2012 Default Re: 2012 JPA Scholarships for SPM leavers

Hmm...I'll finish my A-Levels next year. Does this mean I may have to start all over again?
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
iAdoreNaz Male

#55 Old 11-04-2012 Default Re: 2012 JPA Scholarships for SPM leavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
Hmm...I'll finish my A-Levels next year. Does this mean I may have to start all over again?
Why follow JPA? Follow your footstep.
Find other scholarships.
JPA is not the only way
iAdoreNaz is offline   Reply With Quote
jzchai Male
Less Junior Member

#56 Old 11-04-2012 Default Re: 2012 JPA Scholarships for SPM leavers

Emmm,so if currently I am not doing any A-level/IB/foundation,I will most probably be sent to STPM/matriks??Is it true to say that??
jzchai is offline   Reply With Quote
scatcherer

#57 Old 11-04-2012 Default Re: 2012 JPA Scholarships for SPM leavers

If I am not mistaken the scholarship goes like this for the 4 types of scholarship.

1. TOP 50 SPM students of the country will be getting the Biasiswa National and you get to choose your own pre-U courses and as long as you can get admitted to any university in the world of your choice that is recognized by the government then they will sponsor you.

2. 9A+ and above students will automatically get bursaries for pre-u courses. This is automatic and no interview is needed. The pre-u courses are like STPM, IB, A Level, etc. Basically they will sponsor your pre-u course though I am not sure if JPA will choose the course for you or if it is entirely up to you. But they did asked all candidates to check the MOE website from 16th April onwards. Here's the weird part, JPA assumes all pre-u courses are 2 years and assumes all spm 2011 candidates will start their degree in 2014 (Maybe they will direct you to pre-u courses that need 2 years? Who knows). In your pre-u courses, you decide whether if u want to go overseas or locally. If you manage to secure a place in the top 50 uni in the world (fields under jpa sponsorship) and top 10 uni in the world for medic, then you are automatically given the scholarship to fly abroad to study. (The statement didn't say if u need to go through an interview so I assume it is automatic as long as you gain entry into the top unis. ) For those who did not secure places in top unis overseas, you can still secure places in public/private local unis and they will still sponsor you.

3. For those who get below 9A+, JPA won't be giving pre-u scholarships this year according to their statement. You have to find your own way for the pre-u part. Get a college tuition waiver/do STPM/ other Private Scholarships, whatever it is. I believe that everyone can manage their own pre-u (even for the not so wealthy bunch) as there are many scholarships and waiver out there , especially college tuition waiver, you just need to find them. For the degree part, JPA is opening their oversea scholarship to everyone who have secured a place in top unis around the world (refer to their list). But they will only start this in 2014. However, in their statement, those who did their pre-u on their own (NOT under the bursary award) will have to undergo the interview. Basically you still have a chance to go overseas even without getting 9A+ in spm 2011.

4. The last type is the korea/japan/german/france engineering program. This program would be the same as the previous years and you can apply for this program through their online portal. There's an interview and everyone getting 9A- (with core subjects A-)and above can apply. The process will be the same as PILN in the previous years.

Feel free to correct me if you think I'm wrong. =)
Here's the link and the list of JPA's top universities.
https://docs.google.com/file/preview...MN0IxYms&pli=1

Last edited by scatcherer; 11-04-2012 at 02:45 PM.
scatcherer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scatcherer For This Useful Post:
Paullim Male
Super Junior Member

#58 Old 11-04-2012 Default Re: 2012 JPA Scholarships for SPM leavers

I have read the details from JPA as you have did. I hope someone could answer these questions.

1. What happen to 2011 SPM student completed A level before 2014? Sit and wait until 2014 to apply for JPA undergraduate scholarship?

2. Is 9A+ student whom received bursaries will promised undergraduate scholarship if they achieved above 3.5? At least scholarship for the local university.

3. Are all Malaysian students offered with unconditional undergraduate study by top 10 (medic) and top 50 (other accepted programs) will be automatically offer JPA scholarship?

4. Non-burseries student will stand an equal chance to compete with burseries student for undergraduate scholarhsip?

5. Any private institution that offer A level will be accepted to apply for JPA undergraduate scholarship by 2014 as long as they have taken 2011 SPM?

6. How does co-curiculam point from private college accepted for JPA undergraduate scholarship by 2014?

Please shed some light on those questions.
Paullim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Paullim For This Useful Post:
smiley94 Female
Super Junior Member

#59 Old 11-04-2012 Default Re: 2012 JPA Scholarships for SPM leavers

If a student get the bursary and further studies in a level or ib for two years and then do not meet the requirement or do not get offer from the top 50 univ,can they continue their study in local ipta for degree or they need to repeat foundation programme in malaysia?
smiley94 is offline   Reply With Quote
scatcherer

#60 Old 11-04-2012 Default Re: 2012 JPA Scholarships for SPM leavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paullim View Post
I have read the details from JPA as you have did. I hope someone could answer these questions.

1. What happen to 2011 SPM student completed A level before 2014? Sit and wait until 2014 to apply for JPA undergraduate scholarship?

2. Is 9A+ student whom received bursaries will promised undergraduate scholarship if they achieved above 3.5? At least scholarship for the local university.

3. Are all Malaysian students offered with unconditional undergraduate study by top 10 (medic) and top 50 (other accepted programs) will be automatically offer JPA scholarship?

4. Non-burseries student will stand an equal chance to compete with burseries student for undergraduate scholarhsip?

5. Any private institution that offer A level will be accepted to apply for JPA undergraduate scholarship by 2014 as long as they have taken 2011 SPM?

6. How does co-curiculam point from private college accepted for JPA undergraduate scholarship by 2014?

Please shed some light on those questions.
1. Well if u are under the bursary thing(9A+ and above), JPA would most likely send u to a 2 year pre-u course. If u are not, then you probably have to wait till 2014 to apply for the JPA overseas scholarship or hope(fingers crossed) that JPA starts the program earlier.

2. Yes. If you secured in top unis overseas (according to their list) then they will sponsor you abroad. If you did not make it to top unis overseas, but have secured places in local public/private uni and u meet their criteria (3.5cgpa and above) they will continue to sponsor u.

3. For all those who receive the bursary award (9A+ and above) and have received unconditional offer letter in 2014 from top unis according to their list, they will automatically get the scholarship. For those who were not under the bursary award, they can still apply for the overseas scholarship in 2014 but they have to go through an interview.

4. According to their statement, most likely no. Their statement only state that non bursary student have to go through an interview. So technically, bursary students(9A+) and above are automatically given the scholarship provided they secured places in top unis. Non-bursary students will compete with other non-bursary students. Though I think the funds located for the bursary students and non-bursary students are different, so i think there is still a decent chance for non-bursary students to get sponsored to go overseas.

5. As long as you have secured yourself in a top uni according to their list you can apply for the scholarship. (Any pre-u course is eligible as long as you can get yourself into the top uni)

6. Not much idea as I am not JPA myself. But i presume that it would be same as secondary school where they differentiate your activities to different levels such as International, National, State, Zon, Regional, School/Institution etc. Of course the higher the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley94 View Post
If a student get the bursary and further studies in a level or ib for two years and then do not meet the requirement or do not get offer from the top 50 univ,can they continue their study in local ipta for degree or they need to repeat foundation programme in malaysia?
If you do not get any offers from top 50 Unis but you secured yourself in a local public/private uni and your cgpa is 3.5 and above, they will continue to sponsor your degree. No, you don't need to repeat foundation program in Malaysia. If u dint get into a local public/private uni or your cgpa is less than 3.5 (or whatever requirement they set) then JPA will no longer sponsor u, you're on your own then.

Last edited by scatcherer; 11-04-2012 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
scatcherer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scatcherer For This Useful Post: