ReCom.org
Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships Everything about scholarships provided by the Public Services Department of Malaysia

JPA Korean Engineering 2011

Winzie Female
Super Junior Member

#191 Old 10-05-2012 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-jean View Post
OH Sorry for the late reply! yea! i think it was kinda fun! altho i'm quite nervous

The interview lasted for 3 hours!! But time flies REALLY FAST during the interview XD

there's 2 case study, 1 in bm (kaedah menangani remaja lari dari rumah) and 1 in eng ( 1 Malaysia concept) . (i think that's wat they call student assessment centre)
then we had an interview, partly bm partly eng. All the interviewers were nice!

You shud read up all the interview experiences from the seniors! it was rly useful! GOOD LUCK AND ALL THE BEST FOR TOMORO!
I finished my interview already. It was okay, I guess. All my group members were so nice and we worked together in solving all the tasks that were given. The topic for the English group discussion was quite tough and since it was the first section, I got cold feet. But it all went pretty well. Let's just pray we all will get the scholarship! Best of luck!
Winzie is offline   Reply With Quote
KelvinBob Male
Less Junior Member

#192 Old 11-05-2012 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jialing10 View Post
Hey,back from interview just now morning! Phew, it was tiring n fun!!The interview lasted for 3 hours and the time flew really fast because all we did was just talking and discussing.

There are 3 sections. My group got d first discussion in malay-Langkah-langkah mengatasi ketagihan internet dalam kalangan remaja. This one was quite ok and everyone of us did quite well. The interviewers were friendly too.

Next, we proceeded to a discussion in english. The topic is quite tricky-Discuss how Putrajaya can promote a sense of belonging to our younger generation. Wow and everyone was like !! It was quite hard to express out ideas based on Putrajaya itself. Well, at the end we managed to pull through this obstacle.

The last section was about interview basically. Here, plenty of questions were asked non-stop by the interviewers. But, it was quite relaxing compared to the previous sections.

Woohoo, finally we finished the interview!!. They told us that the result would be out end of May! 'fingers crossed'

Hope this helps and good luck!
jialing.. ive asked the JPA secretariat..they said that the result would be coming out on 25 of May..woohoo!..good luck to u all.. by the way, anyone from Sabah? here? ..anyone?
KelvinBob is offline   Reply With Quote
KelvinBob Male
Less Junior Member

#193 Old 11-05-2012 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winzie View Post
I finished my interview already. It was okay, I guess. All my group members were so nice and we worked together in solving all the tasks that were given. The topic for the English group discussion was quite tough and since it was the first section, I got cold feet. But it all went pretty well. Let's just pray we all will get the scholarship! Best of luck!
wow! all of u went very well with the discussion..ive got troubles with the discussion part..i can write in english but if it comes to speaking.. mine was bad.. i cant speak out all my ideas .. however..the interview n discussion in BM was great .. reading our senior's posts, feel jealous a little bit..haha,.. now its up to God who plan and just pray ..

Last edited by KelvinBob; 15-05-2012 at 09:08 PM.
feliciat Female
Super Junior Member

#194 Old 11-05-2012 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

Looks like quite a number of us have applied for Korea! Well, all the best to us then.
feliciat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to feliciat For This Useful Post:
KelvinBob Male
Less Junior Member

#195 Old 12-05-2012 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

friends who take the interview... may i know..how many days do the interview will undergoing? izit 3 days only?
Elie_TJ Female
Super Junior Member

#196 Old 12-05-2012 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelvinBob View Post
friends who take the interview... may i know..how many days do the interview will undergoing? izit 3 days only?
Erm, depends on which state lor....My friend in Negeri Sembilan, wednesday was the last day wor....cause not many ppl were having the interview there...Kuching (sarawak) here....i'm not so sure.....maybe thurs or fri....depends on the number of ppl who apply for Korea Engineering ^^
Elie_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
iAdoreNaz Male

#197 Old 12-05-2012 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

how was the interview everyone? don't hope too much on this scholarship because if u didn't secure it ur spirit will be really low and destroy ur life.. so.. just keep ur finger cross ok!! ..~
iAdoreNaz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iAdoreNaz For This Useful Post:
jialing10 Female
Less Junior Member

#198 Old 14-05-2012 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

Hey seniors, d JPA korean engineering will sponsor us until masters isit?Can u explain d study flow for me n d duration of study?Thanks in advance!
jialing10 is offline   Reply With Quote
KelvinBob Male
Less Junior Member

#199 Old 14-05-2012 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

hey jialing.. sory for interrupted.. for how the duration of studies and ect.. this is a post by our senior.. maybe la can help.. if im wrong , sorry...

I'm under JPA PILN Scholarship 2011. There are some confusion about Korean Programme especially about the course offer which is "Diploma" and not "Degree" .
I'll try to explain

If you secure yourself with JPA Korean Programme scholarship. You will be ;
1. Studying in INTEC , UiTM ( Seksyen 18, Shah Alam ) for 9 months .
2. Learning Level 1 and Level 2 of Korean Language. ( By Korean Teachers )
3. Learning Foundation of Engineering ( Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry - Malaysian Lecturers )
4. Learning some additional subjects
(Islamic Studies or Ethic / Moral Studies , and Fundamental Of Speech ( FSC ), not to forget Korean Culture)

Additional Info
1. Korean Culture class is really fun. You'll learn how to make Korean Kite, Korean Food, participate in Korean Speech Competition, Watch Movie almost every week, Play Korean Games.
2. Fundamental of Speech. You'll be given a task, finished it during a particular given time. And present it in front of your friend.
3. There will be student from Korea every year coming to INTec. They're coming purposely to learn English and travelling in particular. Grab this time to make friend with Korean and practice your korean.
4. Korean Programme preparation is only 9 MONTHS! .. Grab this chance!

If you met the cut-of-point of 3.00CGPA in INTEC. You will be
1. Pursuing your foundation in Language Education Institute ( LEI ) , Seoul National University for one year.
2. During the day, you will be learning Korean Language.
( Level 3 to Level 6 for one year )
3. During the evening, you will be learning Engineering subjects.
( Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry )

If you did well in LEI, and reach more than 3.75CGPA. You'll pursuing you degree for 4 years in any University.

If you didn't ( greater than >3.00CGPA but < 3.75CGPA ). You'll be pursuing diploma for 2 years in Dongyang Technical University and another 2 years in any university for degree.
(Credit transfer)

then it means.. 9 months in Intec,UiTM.. 1 year in Seoul National..then pursue to ur diploma to dongyang(if ur pointer is between 3.00 and 3.75) and then degree in any university ...or straight to degree if ur pointer above 3.75 in any U ..

about in any University.(i dont so sure)

Last edited by KelvinBob; 14-05-2012 at 11:59 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to KelvinBob For This Useful Post:
jialing10 Female
Less Junior Member

#200 Old 15-05-2012 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

Thanks for your info,kelvinbob..Then what bout masters?Will JPA continue to sponsor us until masters?
jialing10 is offline   Reply With Quote