ReCom.org
Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships Everything about scholarships provided by the Public Services Department of Malaysia

JPA Korean Engineering 2011

jialing10 Female
Less Junior Member

#311 Old 29-05-2012 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

Hey, any seniors here get to further to degree for Korea eng?iadoreNaz, now u in Korea?studying diploma? Or jpa will only offer degree if our diploma result is good? Thanks in advance!
jialing10 is offline   Reply With Quote
ValNg1994 Female
Super Junior Member

#312 Old 29-05-2012 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelvinBob View Post
mmm.. dont know.. but in my surat tawaran ..it stated also.. 36 months@3 years for korean diploma... btw, meet u all in INTEC ..
Hello. I got the scholarship too and I'm wondering; are we going to start studying straight away after our registration?
ValNg1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
HYUNee
Super Junior Member

#313 Old 29-05-2012 Default Re: [UPDATED] JPA Korean Engineering Programme

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAdoreNaz View Post
I'm under JPA PILN Scholarship 2011. There are some confusion about Korean Programme especially about the course offer which is "Diploma" and not "Degree" .
I'll try to explain

If you secure yourself with JPA Korean Programme scholarship. You will be ;
1. Studying in INTEC , UiTM ( Seksyen 18, Shah Alam ) for 9 months .
2. Learning Level 1 and Level 2 of Korean Language. ( By Korean Teachers )
3. Learning Foundation of Engineering ( Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry - Malaysian Lecturers )
4. Learning some additional subjects
(Islamic Studies or Ethic / Moral Studies , and Fundamental Of Speech ( FSC ), not to forget Korean Culture)

Additional Info
1. Korean Culture class is really fun. You'll learn how to make Korean Kite, Korean Food, participate in Korean Speech Competition, Watch Movie almost every week, Play Korean Games.
2. Fundamental of Speech. You'll be given a task, finished it during a particular given time. And present it in front of your friend.
3. There will be student from Korea every year coming to INTec. They're coming purposely to learn English and travelling in particular. Grab this time to make friend with Korean and practice your korean.
4. Korean Programme preparation is only 9 MONTHS! .. Grab this chance!

If you met the cut-of-point of 3.00CGPA in INTEC. You will be
1. Pursuing your foundation in Language Education Institute ( LEI ) , Seoul National University for one year.
2. During the day, you will be learning Korean Language.
( Level 3 to Level 6 for one year )
3. During the evening, you will be learning Engineering subjects.
( Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry )

If you did well in LEI, and reach more than 3.75CGPA. You'll pursuing you degree for 4 years in any University.

If you didn't ( greater than >3.00CGPA but < 3.75CGPA ). You'll be pursuing diploma for 2 years in Dongyang Technical University and another 2 years in any university for degree.
(Credit transfer)

Below is my post last year. HAHA
so you're under the program khas too?
HYUNee is offline   Reply With Quote
KelvinBob Male
Less Junior Member

#314 Old 30-05-2012 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

see you guys in intec this sunday
KelvinBob is offline   Reply With Quote
iAdoreNaz Male

#315 Old 30-05-2012 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

You guys will understand more later on. And see my first post. That is basically what it is.
iAdoreNaz is offline   Reply With Quote
KelvinBob Male
Less Junior Member

#316 Old 31-05-2012 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValNg1994 View Post
Hello. I got the scholarship too and I'm wondering; are we going to start studying straight away after our registration?
i think that day would be orientation day .. and maybe we are free for the whole week..maybe...
KelvinBob is offline   Reply With Quote
HYUNee
Super Junior Member

#317 Old 31-05-2012 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAdoreNaz View Post
You guys will understand more later on. And see my first post. That is basically what it is.
we can choose any engineering course? or its limited to mechanical, chemical and e&e only? omg i really need to know this to decide whether im taking the offer. thanks
jialing10 Female
Less Junior Member

#318 Old 31-05-2012 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYUNee View Post
we can choose any engineering course? or its limited to mechanical, chemical and e&e only? omg i really need to know this to decide whether im taking the offer. thanks
U need to decide fast because sunday is registration. Btw HYUNee, u male or female?
jialing10 is offline   Reply With Quote
HYUNee
Super Junior Member

#319 Old 01-06-2012 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jialing10 View Post
U need to decide fast because sunday is registration. Btw HYUNee, u male or female?
female. I really like korea coz im a kpop fan but the thing is i dont like engineering. i prefer architecture. what do you think? will you sacrifice the course you like just because u love korea?
jzchai Male
Less Junior Member

#320 Old 01-06-2012 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYUNee View Post
female. I really like korea coz im a kpop fan but the thing is i dont like engineering. i prefer architecture. what do you think? will you sacrifice the course you like just because u love korea?
I don't agree what you said.You can't just go there bcoz u r a kpop fans.Being an engineer should be your priority.Think twice.If you really don't want to be an engineer,don't accept it.

Last edited by jzchai; 01-06-2012 at 12:12 PM.
jzchai is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jzchai For This Useful Post: