ReCom.org
Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate Post your questions on these topics ONLY

Cemara/Akasia/Cendana FAQs

vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#41 Old 26-05-2007 Default

you can try registering together since they give out rooms on a first come first serve basis, but this only applies to people of the same course. They will always try to put people of the same course together. Then again, I managed to land myself in an area filled by the Ausmats and the ALM group...

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote
vennila
Super Junior Member

#42 Old 26-05-2007 Default cars

Are we allowed to bring cars to INTEC?

How do we travel from the college to the hostel?
By bus?
How safe is it there?

But back to my main question. Are we allowed to bring cars into the campus, or park it in the hostel?
vennila is offline   Reply With Quote
haagendaz
Less Junior Member

#43 Old 26-05-2007 Default Hey

I checked Google Earth for Akasia, cemara and Intec.. how far apart are the hostels from the college? And also, are the hostels themselves in a group or far apart? Thanks in advance..
haagendaz is offline   Reply With Quote
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#44 Old 26-05-2007 Default Re: cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by vennila
Are we allowed to bring cars to INTEC?

How do we travel from the college to the hostel?
By bus?
How safe is it there?

But back to my main question. Are we allowed to bring cars into the campus, or park it in the hostel?
you are allowed to do so, but not allowed to park in the dorm/campus compound itself (means security risk). There will be buses commuting between the dorm and the campus, so no worries about going to the uni ;)

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
j
Less Junior Member

#45 Old 26-05-2007 Default

Any Catholic seniors studying in INTEC?Is there any Catholic church around?Thanx
j is offline   Reply With Quote
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#46 Old 26-05-2007 Default

For Christians: There is a Christians' group among the students of INTEC. Every friday there will be a gathering at a church at Section 25. No worries about the transportation, they will be vans to ferry you guys over. The seniors will will brief you guys during your orientation. There will be cell groups at one day of the week (most probably wednesday) when you guys can gather and share your beliefs among each other.

For Buddhists: There is also a Buddhist group, but the last i heard from them, it's now inactive. If you guys want contacts from the Buddhists' centres, PM me and I will give you the contacts. Like the Christians, there will be no need to worry about transportation to and from the buddhists centres, although the nearest one i know of is in Kota Kemuning (half an hour drive away). Over the few years I am stayed there, I had been to lots of centres all over Kuala Lumpur due to these kind people who are very willing to come and ferry us to their centres (some even from as far as Bandar Utama/Petaling Jaya).

For Muslims: There will be talks in the resident surau if you are interested. That's all i know of it...

vennila
Super Junior Member

#47 Old 26-05-2007 Default

So what about those who want to bring our cars?

Where do we park? Is there anywhere we can park our cars without risking it getting stolen? Or do we just need a sticker of some sort to get it into the campus? No parking place near the hostel or anything like that?

But first of all, would it be advisable to bring a car there? I mean practicality-wise. Or is the transport system there efficient enough?

Another thing, what about cleaning of the rooms and bathrooms?
We do it ourselves? We wash the bathroom too??
vennila is offline   Reply With Quote
Uncle_Bryan

#48 Old 27-05-2007 Default

according 2 da map in d booklet, Giant is jz near Cemara & Akasia, how far izit actually frm where v stay????
Uncle_Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
AtMostFear
Less Junior Member

#49 Old 27-05-2007 Default

Quote:
So what about those who want to bring our cars?

Where do we park? Is there anywhere we can park our cars without risking it getting stolen? Or do we just need a sticker of some sort to get it into the campus? No parking place near the hostel or anything like that?

But first of all, would it be advisable to bring a car there? I mean practicality-wise. Or is the transport system there efficient enough?

Another thing, what about cleaning of the rooms and bathrooms?
We do it ourselves? We wash the bathroom too??
you can park in front of your hostel (where at this moment is already packed with students cars) as it's totally prohibited to bring your car inside the hostel. so most students just park it along the road in front of the hostel.

at campus, you can however park your car inside if you have the 'UITM Sticker' regardless whether it's a staff or student sticker. just that if you have the sticker, you can get in. if not, the guards will stop you from getting in. however there's a catch, as a student, who's living in a hostel, you can't apply for a car sticker (only main campus students are eligible for the stickers-specifically, only those living outside hostel can apply for it). you'll have to find another way to get the sticker as you can't apply it yourself. on the bright side, guards only block students cars in the morning as the sun it's not that hot yet. at noon, just dash in with your car while the guards are relaxing at their post..

Quote:
according 2 da map in d booklet, Giant is jz near Cemara & Akasia, how far izit frm where v stay????
if you're staying in Cemara & Akasia ( section 18 ), it's a just a minute away (no seriously). if you're in Cendana (section 6), that's a different case.
AtMostFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Uncle_Bryan

#50 Old 27-05-2007 Default

so hw far izit then frm cendana 2 Giant?? is there any other supermarket near cendana?? anyway, thx 4 da info.....
Uncle_Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote