ReCom.org
Walking Along the Path of Life The title says it all. =P

Explain your forum signatures

vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#1 Old 04-06-2009 Smile Explain your forum signatures

Most of us have set some kind of signatures to accompany our posts in the forum. In a way, it also represents who we are inside. So here in this thread I would love to hear from you guys on why do you chose your particlar items (phrases, poems, pictures) as your forum signature, and what it means to you personally...

I'll start with myself:
Quote:
A Prayer of Compassion
May i become at all times, both now and forever,
A protector for those without protection,
A guide for those who have lost their way,
A ship for those with oceans to cross,
A bridge for those with rivers to cross,
A sanctuary for those in danger,
A lamp for those without light,
A place of refuge for those who lack shelter,
And a servant for all in need

~His Holiness the Dalai Lama~

I have chosen this particular poem as my signature because, for me, it's kind of beautiful and humble for a figure to be able to utter such words. It also voices out the ideal person't image, an image that I would like to model myself to.

Well, whenever I feel angry, sad, rejected, down, I can just refer back to this poem to cheer myself up, to remind myself about how lucky I am to live my life as it is. Thus is becomes my aim in life to be able to create as much happiness as possible, and help to life up as many lives as possible so that they also share my gladness and happiness and contentness.

Well, I guess I have revealed a bit too much about myself to strangers here. hehe...

Now, I would like to read about yours. What does your signature means to you?

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote
youngyew Male
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#2 Old 04-06-2009 Default Re: Explain your forum signatures

My signature links to my four other "homes" online:

1. My blog.
2. My facebook profile.
3. My digg profile (not too active in recent months)
4. My flickr photo album

Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
youngyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Keiko123
Slightly Senior Member

#3 Old 05-06-2009 Default Re: Explain your forum signatures

Quote:
Originally Posted by vseehua View Post
Most of us have set some kind of signatures to accompany our posts in the forum. In a way, it also represents who we are inside. So here in this thread I would love to hear from you guys on why do you chose your particlar items (phrases, poems, pictures) as your forum signature, and what it means to you personally...

I'll start with myself:

[/i]I have chosen this particular poem as my signature because, for me, it's kind of beautiful and humble for a figure to be able to utter such words. It also voices out the ideal person't image, an image that I would like to model myself to.

Well, whenever I feel angry, sad, rejected, down, I can just refer back to this poem to cheer myself up, to remind myself about how lucky I am to live my life as it is. Thus is becomes my aim in life to be able to create as much happiness as possible, and help to life up as many lives as possible so that they also share my gladness and happiness and contentness.

Well, I guess I have revealed a bit too much about myself to strangers here. hehe...

Now, I would like to read about yours. What does your signature means to you?
So, what does this mean?
Quote:
~His Holiness the Dalai Lama~

Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.

If more is less, is less more?

Keiko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#4 Old 05-06-2009 Default Re: Explain your forum signatures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko123 View Post
So, what does this mean?
The person who wrote the poem

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote
music_freak28

#5 Old 05-06-2009 Default Re: Explain your forum signatures

"L" is my favourite manga character and I find this pic of him holding the apple adorably cute. And apple is my favourite fruit.

On my quote "There is one thing nobody can outsmart: FATE" is no pessimistic statement but rather to not feel down, depressed and sad if we have done our best in something. Sometimes life just fails to go our way despite taking every precaution and doing everything we could.

Like say if you decided to drive for a long journey. You start the day by checking and rechecking your car several times 'just in case'. You make sure that your car is fitted with proper airbags and you wear your seat belt properly. You choose not to speed since it is dangerous. Let's say you stopped by a petrol station to get food supplies for your other passengers. Then let's say you got involved in an accident because a lorry hit your car when you were driving out from the petrol station. Are you gonna start saying that you should not have stop by the petrol station? Then the accident would not have happened? I figured that we only have ourselves to blame if we have not considered the usual "Just-in-case"s

It is like the scene in Benjamin Button when they were describing how little events like tying shoelaces could lead to the main actress being involved in an accident that changed her life dramatically. Sometimes we are just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Life's unexpected and it is subjected to fate. It is just how we deal with it and how we move on that matters most.
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#6 Old 05-06-2009 Default Re: Explain your forum signatures

Well, my quote is from Sir Winston Churchill. It means that people who are resourceful, persevere and stay positive are able to dig through the sometimes depressing and harsh clout of difficulty to uncover fresh new bright opportunities to develop ourselves. Every cloud has a silver lining. This quote is precious to me because amidst unexpected events and unfortunate incidents, I will always remember this quote and move on with overflowing confidence. This is particularly important to students nowadays who have to go through stressful exams, social problems, getting rejected by JPA....we all will face troubles and may not get what we want in life but this will only make us stronger than ever before. So, be an optimist!!!

Be an optimist and enjoy life!

Visit my blog.
SapphireDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
henry_yew Male
The Iron Boot
ReMag Writer
Forum Moderator

#7 Old 05-06-2009 Default Re: Explain your forum signatures

Do I really need to explain my signature?

The first line tells you roughly what my full name is. Surname is Yew, given name is Guo Zheng (thus G.Z. Yew). Second line tells you that I am a Civil Engineering student and the third line tells you what university I am from.

The following lines tell you that I'm currently attached to PETRONAS Carigali Sdn. Bhd. for industrial training and if you want to find me you can find me in the address given there.
Slightly Senior Member

#8 Old 05-06-2009 Default Re: Explain your forum signatures

my signature is not related to myself but i love that phrase.

it shows how big ambitions can make humans lie and cheat to gain wat we wanted more than egotism does.
capablanca Male
Laziest
Forum Moderator

#9 Old 05-06-2009 Default Re: Explain your forum signatures

I bet mine's the easiest to figure out. Blame it on the weather.
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#10 Old 05-06-2009 Default Re: Explain your forum signatures

Hmm, I just like quotes and when I see one I like (whether it's on a bumper sticker, a book or a shirt) or meaningful, I just put it up....

It changes periodically....so stay tune... LOL
nickvl is offline   Reply With Quote