ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Scholarships

Scholarships A place to find out about scholarships available for Malaysians

Bank Negara Malaysia 2008

Leen
Peacemaker
Administrator

#51 Old 02-04-2006 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookief
uhuhu,
i applied this BNM stuff too
n got an email form them!
i was so happy!
i klik it n ...............
i need to refill the form, wuuuuuu
got technical error in their system!
so , the closing date has been postponed~
30th march! huhu!
DAMN!! Now I am wayyyyyy past their dateline already. I dont even know that they postpone the date. DAMN NS!!! Another reason to hate NS. I just hope that I can still be shortlisted. Stupid NS. It only make my life miserable. What are the changes made in their form? Do they add in EST? What else are changed? The columns of kk??
Leen is offline   Reply With Quote
nookief
Super Junior Member

#52 Old 02-04-2006 Default

huhu! dun be so mad la bro!
haha! nope! still no est! huhu! dunno y they didnt
put it~
nookief is offline   Reply With Quote
zigot14
Super Junior Member

#53 Old 02-04-2006 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leen

DAMN!! Now I am wayyyyyy past their dateline already. I dont even know that they postpone the date. DAMN NS!!! Another reason to hate NS. I just hope that I can still be shortlisted. Stupid NS. It only make my life miserable. What are the changes made in their form? Do they add in EST? What else are changed? The columns of kk??
Did you get the ID and password when you first applied? If yes then you're fine. They only send the email to those who didn't get the password and ID due to some technical error.

And no changes were made to the form. It was exactly the same as the previous one. Also, about the EST, i asked them about it and here's what they replied:

" We wish to inform you that the subject "English for Science and Technology (EST)" is not included in the "component score" for the first stage of shortlisting. Therefore, you don't have to fill in the score for the EST subject. However, if you have been shortlisted, you have to show the result of EST to the panel of interviewer. Thanks."

Byes.
zigot14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Seiryu
Slightly Senior Member

#54 Old 02-04-2006 Default

Some lame cover-up excuse for their technical error.. see? they don even bother to add the subject during the second correction.
Seiryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Seiryu
Slightly Senior Member

#55 Old 02-04-2006 Default

Rite.. can't blame them. EST is totally, utterly, useless.
Leen
Peacemaker
Administrator

#56 Old 02-04-2006 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryu
Rite.. can't blame them. EST is totally, utterly, useless.
Care to explain why it is useless?
Leen is offline   Reply With Quote
nookief
Super Junior Member

#57 Old 02-04-2006 Default

every knowledge is useful la bro!
[/quote]
Seiryu
Slightly Senior Member

#58 Old 02-04-2006 Default

No.. i feel the subject is redundant... it's just another ENGLISH paper.

There's nothing scientific or techonlogy about it. Worse still, you can't further explain a situation using what you had learned from physics, chemistry, or biology. (be short and concise, don put in anything unnessesary, WTH?) Not to mention the paper itself is not testing your knowledge regarding science or technology, it's more on writing essay or something related to your english skills. And it's not really that english as well, my friend scored an A1 in 1119 but a B3 in EST. And his bubble dream of becoming a JPA scholar went popped just like that. The only thing i learn from EST is answering in the way they want. That's all!

Well, if you ask me, EST is worse than pendidikan jasmani. I would rather study for English in Physical Education, instead of English in Science and Technology.

Oh well, it's over, and now the latest spm batch is having their science and maths subjects in english.... Envy them.

Just my 2 cents... not to offend anyone
WinnieH

#59 Old 02-04-2006 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJ
One more question here.
Why for BNM scholarship application form, there is no English For Science And Technology for subject choosing?
same problem here... haih... have anyone been called for interview? i mean bnm?
WinnieH is offline   Reply With Quote
nookief
Super Junior Member

#60 Old 02-04-2006 Default

Quote:
Oh well, it's over, and now the latest spm batch is having their science and maths subjects in english.... Envy them.
yup, but the plek thing is~
they still learn this est stuff!
weirdo!