ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Scholarships

Scholarships A place to find out about scholarships available for Malaysians

Bank Negara Malaysia 2009 Scholarships & FAQ's

Closed Thread

xellos
Slightly Senior Member

#1 Old 18-02-2009 Default Bank Negara Malaysia 2009 Scholarships & FAQ's

Hey guys,

This post is about Bank Negara Malaysia Scholarship 2009.

Summarized, I got offer from BNM for finance course. It was upon my trial result and my interview on October 2008.

The offer goes like this;
Program pra-universiti : Pra- University
Tempat Pengajian : Taylor's University College
Bidang Pengajian diperingkat ijazah pertama : Kewangan
Negara Pengajian diperingkat ijazah pertama : Australia

Sadly, I had to turn the offer because I do not like the course.

P/s: I was enrolled to college without signing the [email address]
xellos
Slightly Senior Member

#2 Old 19-02-2009 Default Re: Bank Negara Malaysia 2009 Scholarships & FAQ's

If you guys have anything questions about Bank Negara Malaysia scholarship, please proceed.
luminodreamer89

#3 Old 19-02-2009 Default Re: Bank Negara Malaysia 2009 Scholarships & FAQ's

Does the Bank Negara Scholarship 2009 mentioned open for undergraduate application?
CCY_to_the_top

#4 Old 20-02-2009 Default Re: Bank Negara Malaysia 2009 Scholarships & FAQ's

y u turned down??should hv a great reason...
xellos
Slightly Senior Member

#5 Old 20-02-2009 Default Re: Bank Negara Malaysia 2009 Scholarships & FAQ's

luminodreamer89, i think they do mention about undergrad in their website prior to the online application. Hope this helpful. I would suggest you call to the human resource department (scholarship section) for more info. They are very friendly people though.

well, as for turning down the offer, the utmost reason would be due to my interest. It was a good offer, but I'm not willing to sacrifice knowledge and interest in science and technology especially engineering. I have strong engineering foundation like CAD,CAM,CNC and CFD.

And to the ReCommer's I'm willing to help you guys on the interview. My interview was excellent but very tiring.lol
luminodreamer89

#6 Old 20-02-2009 Default Re: Bank Negara Malaysia 2009 Scholarships & FAQ's

oh..thanks for the info xellos...haha..
I would like to further my undergrads in engineering field...and u seem to have a VERY strong foundation in engineering-related skills at your age...
do u actually learn it yourself? I mean skills like CAD and CAM...
nfn
Super Junior Member

#7 Old 28-02-2009 Smile Re: Bank Negara Malaysia 2009 Scholarships & FAQ's

Hello

I've searched the internet on BNM Scholarship 2009 but it seems like it is not open yet. All I got was 2008/2009 session where the deadline/interview was in 2008. Or have I mis-looked on something? Some of my friends said that it will only be opened when the SPM 2008 results are out.

By the way, I am currently on my final semester of diploma and would be finishing this mid-year. I wish to apply for scholarship for undergraduate studies. I've applied and received several offers from universities in the UK to study accounting. The intake would be on October 2009. So I really need the funding.

Plus, Xellos, could you share your interview experience with us here? I think it would be great if you could. Oh and I went to the JPA scholarship interview after SPM, though I didn't get it. But still the experience I got was worthwhile.

Thanks!
Trekk

#8 Old 01-03-2009 Default Re: Bank Negara Malaysia 2009 Scholarships & FAQ's

Hey Xellos, could you please confirm if this BNM scholarship your talking about is for the 09 mid-year intake? Also, how did you find out about it? I can't seem to find anything about it on their website. Thanks!
xellos
Slightly Senior Member

#9 Old 02-03-2009 Default Re: Bank Negara Malaysia 2009 Scholarships & FAQ's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekk View Post
Hey Xellos, could you please confirm if this BNM scholarship your talking about is for the 09 mid-year intake? Also, how did you find out about it? I can't seem to find anything about it on their website. Thanks!
I'm confirming its BNM scholarship for the session of 2009. As for my case, only selected schools -those 'excellent & high performance' schools- will receive the offer from Bank Negara Malaysia prior the SPM Trial. Based on the mid-year results and trial results, teachers will select students. Stressing again, its the teachers who will select and call you up and ask if you want to apply for the scholarship. Even so, from the number of students that teachers submited, BNM will only shortlist a few, like my school, only 3 out of about 15. So I would rather say its 'controlled' application. But things are different for application based on SPM results, it open applicatioon, where everyone who meet the criteria can apply.

I hope I have cleared your doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfn View Post
Hello

I've searched the internet on BNM Scholarship 2009 but it seems like it is not open yet. All I got was 2008/2009 session where the deadline/interview was in 2008. Or have I mis-looked on something? Some of my friends said that it will only be opened when the SPM 2008 results are out.

By the way, I am currently on my final semester of diploma and would be finishing this mid-year. I wish to apply for scholarship for undergraduate studies. I've applied and received several offers from universities in the UK to study accounting. The intake would be on October 2009. So I really need the funding.

Plus, Xellos, could you share your interview experience with us here? I think it would be great if you could. Oh and I went to the JPA scholarship interview after SPM, though I didn't get it. But still the experience I got was worthwhile.

Thanks!
It is indeed the application for the year 2009 haven't opened and your friends are right. Talking about my interview experience, I definitely think it wouldn't be the same. Perhaps you wonder why I'm saying this. The reason is that my interview was whole day long from 8am till 5 pm and there is only 5 of us. (There was about 7-10 candidate shortlisted from my state and the interview took place in two schools, 5 in $%^& school,and the rest in a another school)

So, I hope you get me. If you still insist of knowing the interview, search for the last year thread. That would be a better reading for you.

And hey!, don't give up because you did not secure the JPA scholar. It JPA who losses the opportunity to finance a excellent candidate like u. Cheer Up buddy!

Last edited by xellos; 02-03-2009 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
lik
Super Junior Member

#10 Old 09-03-2009 Default Re: Bank Negara Malaysia 2009 Scholarships & FAQ's

wut courses offered by this scholarship?
just finance courses,not science related courses?
thanks!
Closed Thread