ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Scholarships

Scholarships A place to find out about scholarships available for Malaysians

Bank Negara Malaysia 2009 Scholarships & FAQ's

Closed Thread

xellos Male
Slightly Senior Member

#41 Old 21-03-2009 Default Re: Bank Negara Malaysia 2009 Scholarships & FAQ's

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesnowgirl View Post
hi... my school is a cluster school. recently i was informed that cluster school students are qualified to apply certain scholarships based on their trial results.. juz like boarding school students do.. but according to my senior, my teacher won't be informed because this is a new policy.. we have to do it all on our own.. how am I supposed to know when the applications are open, how to apply and so on?
Well, if that's the case, you're in bad situation. As for my school, (a cluster school), BNM or Petronas would just fax the offer letter the office, where there will be teacher in-charged to it later. The teacher would held the responsibility for everything until the very moment of interview. Usually, the education counselors would be put to in-charge of the task.

Nevertheless, for now, I can advice you to approach any teacher whom you're close and comfortable with and try talking to her about this thing. Perhaps she can help you on management basis. Sometimes the school management have their own principles of handling certain things. So its solely depends on the school management consideration on the scholarship offer.

Likewise the open application which publicized in newspapers, the school would not have any power in restricting/controlling the students from applying as the sole authority goes the respective company to the award scholarships and students to apply.

But I have to remind you that, although your school maybe categorized as a cluster school, you may not receive the offer. BNM/Petronas would usually monitor closely several selected schools for their performance to ensure consistency.

Last edited by xellos; 21-03-2009 at 11:15 PM.
littlesnowgirl Female
Super Junior Member

#42 Old 22-03-2009 Default Re: Bank Negara Malaysia 2009 Scholarships & FAQ's

oh thanks.. by the way, which scholarships can we apply based on trial results? and how did you actually apply for bnm schoalrship? through school teacher? and when exactly was that?
Scarskull7 Female
Super Junior Member

#43 Old 23-03-2009 Default Re: Bank Negara Malaysia 2009 Scholarships & FAQ's

hey! i'm doing a twinning programme (undergraduate course) with uni of manchester . now is my first year here and will be going off this september. i want to apply for scholarship for my two years in uni. so where should i note that in my application form? there seems to be no space for that huh..
thanks loads!
xellos Male
Slightly Senior Member

#44 Old 23-03-2009 Default Re: Bank Negara Malaysia 2009 Scholarships & FAQ's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarskull7 View Post
hey! i'm doing a twinning programme (undergraduate course) with uni of manchester . now is my first year here and will be going off this september. i want to apply for scholarship for my two years in uni. so where should i note that in my application form? there seems to be no space for that huh..
thanks loads!
Well, if that's the case, I would suggest you to call BNM human resource department. This is because I'm sure whether you're to be categorized as spm leaver, pre-u for undergrad, or master/phD.
Trekk Male

#45 Old 24-03-2009 Default Bank Negara 2009 Undergraduate Scholarship

Dear Recommers, I just tried to apply online for the Bank Negara Undergraduate Scholarship, but they wouldn't let me create an account. The error message said
"Maaf, permohonan baru atau pengemaskinian maklumat permohonan tidak dibenarkan selepas tarikh tutup. Terima kasih"

The scholarship only opened to application yesterday, and the closing date is the 10th of April! Anyone else experience this problem too? Also, the site seems to have an invalid certificate. But I got the link direct from BNM's site. Can any please help? Thanks.

Capablanca ~ Move the post here. It's more relevant

Ooo, ok. I created a separate post because I thought this thread was about the scholarship for SPM leavers. The one I am asking help for is the one for Pre-u leavers.

Last edited by Trekk; 24-03-2009 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
markwongsk Male
Developer

#46 Old 24-03-2009 Default Re: Bank Negara 2009 Undergraduate Scholarship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekk View Post
Dear Recommers, I just tried to apply online for the Bank Negara Undergraduate Scholarship, but they wouldn't let me create an account. The error message said
"Maaf, permohonan baru atau pengemaskinian maklumat permohonan tidak dibenarkan selepas tarikh tutup. Terima kasih"

The scholarship only opened to application yesterday, and the closing date is the 10th of April! Anyone else experience this problem too? Also, the site seems to have an invalid certificate. But I got the link direct from BNM's site. Can any please help? Thanks.

Capablanca ~ Move the post here. It's more relevant

Ooo, ok. I created a separate post because I thought this thread was about the scholarship for SPM leavers. The one I am asking help for is the one for Pre-u leavers.
Firstly, did you click the correct link? I tried applying today and was successful in creating a new account. Please double check as to whether you clicked on

First Degree (Honours) (Click here to apply) <-- this part

I also have a question. They asked for Highest English Qualification, should I put MUET or TOEFL? I got 279 for MUET and 114 for TOEFL IBT. Which one is better?

Oh and, I got a competition in which I entered in 2004 and got third, but the same competition I entered in 2008 I got 4th (Choir), should I write 2004 or 2008?

It says pencapaian/penglibatan tertinggi so should it be the former?

Last edited by markwongsk; 24-03-2009 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Eurytos Male

#47 Old 24-03-2009 Default Re: Bank Negara 2009 Undergraduate Scholarship

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwongsk View Post
Firstly, did you click the correct link? I tried applying today and was successful in creating a new account. Please double check as to whether you clicked on

I also have a question. They asked for Highest English Qualification, should I put MUET or TOEFL? I got 279 for MUET and 114 for TOEFL IBT. Which one is better?

Oh and, I got a competition in which I entered in 2004 and got third, but the same competition I entered in 2008 I got 4th (Choir), should I write 2004 or 2008?

It says pencapaian/penglibatan tertinggi so should it be the former?
Wah markwongsk applying that means i will be left with lim x->0 (x = P(getting the BNM scholarship)) chance of getting this scholarship.
Anyway i think you should put MUET, considering it is a local scholarship and you would have something exceptional to say like i was awarded the best MUET score in year 200_. Good luck to all applicants out there !
Good luck competing against people like markwongsk and choogirl out there!
Developer

#48 Old 24-03-2009 Default Re: Bank Negara Malaysia 2009 Scholarships & FAQ's

Quote:
Originally Posted by toh View Post
hello,i tried to summit the personal details by filling in the Borang Permohonan but
"Maaf, berdasarkan maklumat yang anda isikan, didapati permohonan anda sudah wujud dalam pangkalan maklumat web.
Sila hubungi Bank Negara Malaysia untuk pertanyaan selanjutnya
"
is shown.
what should i do?

I encountered it too, but I just went ahead and typed in my username and password. It works. You can try it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
Wah markwongsk applying that means i will be left with lim x->0 (x = P(getting the BNM scholarship)) chance of getting this scholarship.
Anyway i think you should put MUET, considering it is a local scholarship and you would have something exceptional to say like i was awarded the best MUET score in year 200_. Good luck to all applicants out there !
Good luck competing against people like markwongsk and choogirl out there!
Lol at eurytos firstly, lim x-> 0 implies nothing about the value of x at 0 rite? It is found under the definitions of limits =) You should have learned that SOOOOO, P = something

And anyway, I CANT put I am the best MUET scorer in year 200_. It never asked and there are no space to clarify anything (lousy app for show-offs like me )

Last edited by markwongsk; 24-03-2009 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Trekk Male

#49 Old 25-03-2009 Default Re: Bank Negara 2009 Undergraduate Scholarship

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwongsk View Post

Hmm.... I could create the account today. Did the same thing I did yesterday... Probably the server was down or something. But the site certificate error is still there.. Thanks for your reply anyway.
choogirl

#50 Old 25-03-2009 Default Re: Bank Negara Malaysia 2009 Scholarships & FAQ's

LOL. Eurytos, you stand a high chance too. I'm sure the scholarships are available for more than two people. (the other three top scorers wanna do medic)

What I'm only afraid is that Bank Negara puts us in the same position as A-levels students. Meaning they might see a straight A student in STPM is the same as one in A-levels. Our STPM is harder alright!!! =/ I hope they give us the priority!!
Closed Thread