ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Scholarships

Scholarships A place to find out about scholarships available for Malaysians

Petronas 2009 sponsorship

fangirLING Female
Super Junior Member

#81 Old 17-03-2009 Default Re: Petronas 2009 sponsorship

how did you know the dateline is 18/3? CAn you gimme the link?
fangirLING is offline   Reply With Quote
senksiang90 Male

#82 Old 17-03-2009 Default Re: Petronas 2009 sponsorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko123 View Post
it's very confusing!!!

is Petronas 2009 sponsorship a full scholarship or juz a study loan???
coz i see the sentence "TAWARAN ADALAH DALAM BENTUK PINJAMAN BOLEH-UBAH."
wat does "PINJAMAN BOLEH-UBAH" mean???
it means we nid to pay back the money?

do we nid to pay back the money once we graduate from studies????

and may i know where the EDUCAMP will be held?
how abt the expense during the 2 days 1 night camp?
coz i come from east malaysia, there'll be a problem if go to west malaysia juz to attend an interview.

anyone plz answer my ques?
urgent plz!!!
coz tmr 17/3 (b4 5pm) is the closing date!
it all determines my future!!!

thanks!
Don't worry. Yes, PETRONAS is just a sponsorship. Not a scholarship. That's why this thread title is 'sponsorship' not scholarship.

Well, practically, PETRONAS is just providing a convertible loan to each of it's sponsored student. This means that if they suddenly decided to kick you out, you can they can do so any time and you still have to pay back the amount they've spent on you so far. So, every semester, they will send a bank statement on how much they've spent on you so far to keep you reminded of how much you are owing to PETRONAS.

But, then again don't let this intimidate you. There are cases whereby students are being released without paying back anything-due to very poor results but that's not your aim right??-

Erm.. this convertible loan also means that next time after you graduated and not being taken to work for PETRONAS, you have to pay back a sum of money they've spent on you for the whole course-if you are not taken to work for them- How much you must pay depends on your result.. Something like First class honours pay 10 % second class upper a higher percentage.. and so on.

As for east malaysia, I am from Kuching, Sarawak. I did my educamp in a hotel(Rajah Court) to be precise. How long is it depends on where you are from. Like me, since I'm from Kuching, I check in the latest. Sibu and Miri people check in 1 day earlier than Kuchingnians..

Quote:
well, is it really the deadline is 18/3???
whr do u know it?

coz i'm rushing of time!!!

i'm still waiting for someone to ans my ques...
I don't know but when i log into the spmonline website, it's still 17th march due date-today- at 5 pm. Better play safe and register a.s.a.p.

Last edited by senksiang90; 17-03-2009 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
senksiang90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to senksiang90 For This Useful Post:
libraaa Female
Less Junior Member

#83 Old 17-03-2009 Default Re: Petronas 2009 sponsorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by senksiang90 View Post
I don't know but when i log into the spmonline website, it's still 17th march due date-today- at 5 pm. Better play safe and register a.s.a.p.
yaep, the due date is 18th march at 5pm.

Tempoh permohonan dilanjutkan hingga 18 Mac 2009 (jam 5.00 petang).

(I copied and pasted from the webpage...)
libraaa is offline   Reply With Quote
XterNalz Male

#84 Old 17-03-2009 Default Re: Petronas 2009 sponsorship

The server is unable to handle so many requests and yet they don't provide sufficient amount of time for spm leavers to submit their application. This is ridiculous.
XterNalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Keiko123
Slightly Senior Member

#85 Old 17-03-2009 Default Re: Petronas 2009 sponsorship

Quote:
Don't worry. Yes, PETRONAS is just a sponsorship. Not a scholarship. That's why this thread title is 'sponsorship' not scholarship.

Well, practically, PETRONAS is just providing a convertible loan to each of it's sponsored student. This means that if they suddenly decided to kick you out, you can they can do so any time and you still have to pay back the amount they've spent on you so far. So, every semester, they will send a bank statement on how much they've spent on you so far to keep you reminded of how much you are owing to PETRONAS.

But, then again don't let this intimidate you. There are cases whereby students are being released without paying back anything-due to very poor results but that's not your aim right??-

Erm.. this convertible loan also means that next time after you graduated and not being taken to work for PETRONAS, you have to pay back a sum of money they've spent on you for the whole course-if you are not taken to work for them- How much you must pay depends on your result.. Something like First class honours pay 10 % second class upper a higher percentage.. and so on.

As for east malaysia, I am from Kuching, Sarawak. I did my educamp in a hotel(Rajah Court) to be precise. How long is it depends on where you are from. Like me, since I'm from Kuching, I check in the latest. Sibu and Miri people check in 1 day earlier than Kuchingnians..

well, thanks for ur explaination.

tat means there's no guarantee for us whether nid or no nid to pay back money?

moreover, are we not guaranteed to be taken to work with petronas?
or else, is tat any eligibilty or requirement to work with petronas?

i'm still doubting whether should i apply petronas sponsorship or not...
somehow the deadline is coming soon!!!

anyway, senksiang90, were u a previous petronas scholar?
do u think should i apply Petronas 2009 sponsorship??
Keiko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
JiaTern Male
Super Junior Member

#86 Old 17-03-2009 Default Re: Petronas 2009 sponsorship

-deleted post-

Last edited by JiaTern; 6 Days Ago at 03:03 PM.
JiaTern is offline   Reply With Quote
yanno_yamster Female
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#87 Old 17-03-2009 Default Re: Petronas 2009 sponsorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiaTern View Post
I tried to fill in the application form but the website server is so unstable! After i've filled the "Info peribadi", I submitted it and the server crashed. I refreshed for 5~6 times only can re-fill the form. Then I submit again, crash again. I can't apply!

Who can help me? I was using Internet Explorer!

P/S: the RM20 need to pay before 5pm also?
I am in the same boat as you. After 2 days of struggle, I managed to fill in the form just to realise the RM 20 thing!!! I think I'll pay tomorrow... No choice oredi... Talk about technology speeding things up...

May you be well and happy!!! :)
yanno_yamster is offline   Reply With Quote
senksiang90 Male

#88 Old 18-03-2009 Default Re: Petronas 2009 sponsorship

Quote:
tat means there's no guarantee for us whether nid or no nid to pay back money?

moreover, are we not guaranteed to be taken to work with petronas?
or else, is tat any eligibilty or requirement to work with petronas?

i'm still doubting whether should i apply petronas sponsorship or not...
somehow the deadline is coming soon!!!

anyway, senksiang90, were u a previous petronas scholar?
do u think should i apply Petronas 2009 sponsorship??
It means, if you are being hired to work by PETRONAS, you don't need to pay back anything. Don't worry. According to the officer, especially for OVS programme, you will be hired to work. For how long? 7 years for non-technical and 10 years bond for technical jobs.

Whether you'll be hired or not also depends on your interview job which you will have to attend after you graduate under PETRONAS. If you are good enough in the interview, you'll get hired!

Actually, I am currentlt a PETRONAS sponsored student. Less than a year actually-still doing my A levels going to Australia.

Yes. You should apply. Why not? Give it a shot. Seriously, for me, PETRONAS is much more fair compared to JPA as it doesn't depend solely on SPM results-yeah deny all u want JPA, but that's a fact. JPA wants results. Very rare for less than 10A1 students getting JPS fro non-bumis of course)
Slightly Senior Member

#89 Old 19-03-2009 Default Re: Petronas 2009 sponsorship

Quote:
It means, if you are being hired to work by PETRONAS, you don't need to pay back anything. Don't worry. According to the officer, especially for OVS programme, you will be hired to work. For how long? 7 years for non-technical and 10 years bond for technical jobs.

Whether you'll be hired or not also depends on your interview job which you will have to attend after you graduate under PETRONAS. If you are good enough in the interview, you'll get hired!

Actually, I am currentlt a PETRONAS sponsored student. Less than a year actually-still doing my A levels going to Australia.

Yes. You should apply. Why not? Give it a shot. Seriously, for me, PETRONAS is much more fair compared to JPA as it doesn't depend solely on SPM results-yeah deny all u want JPA, but that's a fact. JPA wants results. Very rare for less than 10A1 students getting JPS fro non-bumis of course)

anyway, thanks for ur advice.
somehow, i had missed the petronas application!!!
actually i had filled all the details in the form except the last part, that requires bank number for RM20...
coz the last day i tried to access the website but it's failed somehow!
it's too late!!!
Keiko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
celestial_sacred Female

#90 Old 19-03-2009 Default Re: Petronas 2009 sponsorship

Oh gosh... That is such a miss! I'm so sorry for you... And yeah, the site is very weird.