ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Scholarships

Scholarships A place to find out about scholarships available for Malaysians

Shell Scholarship 2010

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Nicholasng925 Male
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor
 
Nicholasng925's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,694
  #21 Old 25-01-2010 Default Re: Shell Scholarship 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanno_yamster View Post
I have attached the format I have submitted last year for Pre-U. You can use it as a reference.
With the submit of the sample CV, have you being called up for the interview???

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond_99 View Post
For the school testimonial.....how many do we need?1?

UR attached CV is too long...
Btw, we need to fill in our personal particular n education history
you sounds so sarcastic... yeah i heard that the personal particular and education history are needed in the CV too... just don't really know what to write on these two parts...

Last edited by Nicholasng925; 25-01-2010 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Nicholasng925 is offline  
yanno_yamster Female
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor
 
yanno_yamster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 888
  #22 Old 25-01-2010 Default Re: Shell Scholarship 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond_99 View Post
For the school testimonial.....how many do we need?1?

UR attached CV is too long...
Btw, we need to fill in our personal particular n education history
School testimonial is not necessary as far as last year is concerned.
My CV was accepted. Anyway, it's just for reference. You don't have to follow it exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholasng925 View Post
With the submit of the sample CV, have you being called up for the interview???
Yup, phone interview. So if you need my advice on that, I'll try to help. You can also look at last year's thread.
__________________
Do not accept any doctrine from reverence, but first try it as gold is tried by fire.
-Buddha; in Kalama Sutta-

May you be well and happy!!! :)
yanno_yamster is offline  
beyond_99 Male
Super Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4
  #23 Old 25-01-2010 Default Re: Shell Scholarship 2010

I may sound harsh just now bnut I do not really mean it.
Perhaps I should change "too" to "quite".
The Education Background may look better if a table is used.(Personally, I prefer putting school 1st before the results.
Btw, ur Co-Curricular Activities is quite a lot......
So u did get phone interview...Do u get the scholarship?
beyond_99 is offline  
Nicholasng925 Male
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor
 
Nicholasng925's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,694
  #24 Old 25-01-2010 Default Re: Shell Scholarship 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanno_yamster View Post
School testimonial is not necessary as far as last year is concerned.
My CV was accepted. Anyway, it's just for reference. You don't have to follow it exactly.

Yup, phone interview. So if you need my advice on that, I'll try to help. You can also look at last year's thread.
oh okay... that's definitely helped me a lot... i will ask if i face any problem in the application process. Thanks in advance...
Nicholasng925 is offline  
Christinecat Female
Super Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9
  #25 Old 26-01-2010 Default Re: Shell Scholarship 2010

hi, I tried again, but after i went to the page of SUBMIT APPLICATION, the following situation occured :

You are eligible to apply with Shell as a Student or Graduate candidate, if:
  • you are studying at a university
  • you are approaching the completion of a Bachelors, Masters or Advanced degree
  • you recently obtained one of these degrees
and 3 questions followed. When i answered "no" for the three questions, it refrained me from continue with my application.

What should i do? Thanks for your reply.
Christinecat is offline  
BattleBoyz Male
Slightly Senior Member
 
BattleBoyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 555
  #26 Old 26-01-2010 Default Re: Shell Scholarship 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholasng925 View Post
oh okay... that's definitely helped me a lot... i will ask if i face any problem in the application process. Thanks in advance...
Nick, you applying Shell scholarship with your spm trial result?

The closing date is 30th March, so should I wait till I get my real spm result and apply then or just apply it now using trial result and apply again after I got the real result? Hope someone can help.
__________________
~A life lived for others is a life worthwhile~ Albert Einstein

Live your life to the fullest, for yourself and for those around you.
BattleBoyz is offline  
beyond_99 Male
Super Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4
  #27 Old 26-01-2010 Default Re: Shell Scholarship 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinecat View Post
hi, I tried again, but after i went to the page of SUBMIT APPLICATION, the following situation occured :

You are eligible to apply with Shell as a Student or Graduate candidate, if:
  • you are studying at a university
  • you are approaching the completion of a Bachelors, Masters or Advanced degree
  • you recently obtained one of these degrees
and 3 questions followed. When i answered "no" for the three questions, it refrained me from continue with my application.

What should i do? Thanks for your reply.
U r not the only one ....
I m trying to look for the solution/expanation too

Did u send e-mail to Shell regarding the problem?

Last edited by beyond_99; 26-01-2010 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
beyond_99 is offline  
Nicholasng925 Male
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor
 
Nicholasng925's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,694
  #28 Old 26-01-2010 Default Re: Shell Scholarship 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleBoyz View Post
Nick, you applying Shell scholarship with your spm trial result?

The closing date is 30th March, so should I wait till I get my real spm result and apply then or just apply it now using trial result and apply again after I got the real result? Hope someone can help.
oh, i think we should wait until the actual result came out then since the closing date is on 30th March and definitely by that time the SPM result would be already revealed. But it's no harm if you prepare everything by now and when the actual result came out, you may straight away upload everything into the Shell website and apply it. It would be faster i think and that's what i'm going to do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinecat View Post
hi, I tried again, but after i went to the page of SUBMIT APPLICATION, the following situation occured :

You are eligible to apply with Shell as a Student or Graduate candidate, if:
  • you are studying at a university
  • you are approaching the completion of a Bachelors, Masters or Advanced degree
  • you recently obtained one of these degrees
and 3 questions followed. When i answered "no" for the three questions, it refrained me from continue with my application.

What should i do? Thanks for your reply.
hey... i got the same problem with you and i believe a lot more people are facing the same problem too... just hectic about this and i think everything else would be fine...

Last edited by Nicholasng925; 26-01-2010 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Nicholasng925 is offline  
slappyfin3 Male
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 191
  #29 Old 26-01-2010 Default Re: Shell Scholarship 2010

Why couldn't they just invest in a good system for applications like Sime Darby or Khazanah XD I'm sure with all the oil and gas money it'd be a piece of cake for them. Win-win what. Less trouble having to look through all our scanned documents and typing it out again for them and less trouble for us having to scan it !
__________________
Ticklish, loves cats.

<a href="http://www.formspring.me/slappyfin" target="_blank"><img src="http://jeffwongdesign.com/addthis/32x32/formspring-16x16.gif"></a>
slappyfin3 is offline  
Nicholasng925 Male
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor
 
Nicholasng925's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,694
  #30 Old 26-01-2010 Default Re: Shell Scholarship 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappyfin3 View Post
Why couldn't they just invest in a good system for applications like Sime Darby or Khazanah XD I'm sure with all the oil and gas money it'd be a piece of cake for them. Win-win what. Less trouble having to look through all our scanned documents and typing it out again for them and less trouble for us having to scan it !
yeah i kinda agree with you and i just think Shell is not invest enough money on its application process for scholarships and just make it "simple"... if you know what i mean... The process is just so complicated and it would be hectic for a lot of applicants...
Nicholasng925 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
scholarship, shell, spm, stpm, undergraduate

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shell Malaysia Scholarship t Scholarships 903 19-01-2013 05:56 PM
Info: Wesleyan Freeman Asian Scholarship 2009-2010 invinciblebunny Scholarships 1 15-09-2010 05:09 PM
Scholarship for Undergraduate Pharmacy 2010 octopus-jy Scholarships 1 30-01-2010 02:58 PM
Info: DAAD Germany Scholarship 2010-2011-Postgraduate Redwine2 Scholarships 0 19-06-2009 08:16 AM


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

ReCom stands for Reborn Community. It has no affiliation with other organizations that may share the same name. The views expressed in this website solely represent the authors point of view and do not necessarily reflect the views of ReCom Anchors and other ReCom users.


 

Page generated in 0.11585 seconds with 16 queries