ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Malaysia Today

Malaysia Today Discussion about issues related to Malaysian politics and economy.

Indian Malaysians + Chinese Malaysians

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Voltman Male
Super Junior Member
 
Voltman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 26
  #1 Old 31-08-2012 Default Indian Malaysians + Chinese Malaysians

Hi,

What is the approximate percentage of intermarriages between Chinese Malaysians and Indian Malaysians?

Is social taboo to interracially marry in Malaysia?

As we head into the future, are Malaysians expecting a major soar in interracial marriage between these two ethnic groups?

Is there still a preference to marry someone of your own ethnicity in Malaysia?

How is the situation over there?
Voltman is offline   Reply With Quote
frostbyte13 Male
Slightly Senior Member
 
frostbyte13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 664
  #2 Old 31-08-2012 Default Re: Indian Malaysians + Chinese Malaysians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
Hi,

What is the approximate percentage of intermarriages between Chinese Malaysians and Indian Malaysians?

Is social taboo to interracially marry in Malaysia?

As we head into the future, are Malaysians expecting a major soar in interracial marriage between these two ethnic groups?

Is there still a preference to marry someone of your own ethnicity in Malaysia?

How is the situation over there?
Google is a great help with statistics in what we cannot provide.

Depends the family backgrounds involved. Some families have conflicts of traditions they practice. Not to mention religion is also a sensitive issue when it comes to interracial marriage, unless both parties practice the same. Interracial marriage is not rare amongst Malaysians. In fact, in certain states the culture of Nyonya Baba (Chinese-Malay interracial marriages) is a heritage that has found a place in our history books.

I would not say definitely yes, but if you ask me, I still would want to marry a Chinese girl There are some who are also setting sights on foreigners. Maybe they are getting bored with the local scene? LOL

Huh?
__________________
Hebrews 6 : 10
"God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them."


Psalms 126 : 5
"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy."

Interested in finding me? Add me up facebook
frostbyte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Voltman Male
Super Junior Member
 
Voltman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 26
  #3 Old 01-09-2012 Default Re: Indian Malaysians + Chinese Malaysians

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbyte13 View Post

I would not say definitely yes, but if you ask me, I still would want to marry a Chinese girl There are some who are also setting sights on foreigners. Maybe they are getting bored with the local scene? LOL

Huh?
Any particular reason why you prefer to marry a Chinese girl?
Voltman is offline   Reply With Quote
marczeman Female
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 181
  #4 Old 02-09-2012 Default Re: Indian Malaysians + Chinese Malaysians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
Any particular reason why you prefer to marry a Chinese girl?
Less traditional
__________________
Learning to live...
marczeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Nicholasng925 Male
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor
 
Nicholasng925's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,694
  #5 Old 02-09-2012 Default Re: Indian Malaysians + Chinese Malaysians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
Any particular reason why you prefer to marry a Chinese girl?
Because he's a Chinese boy?
__________________
=[(*The Three Rules of Work*)]=

1. Out of clutter, find simplicity.
2. From discord, find harmony.
3. In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity.
=[{Albert Einstein}]=


Feel free to visit my blog here!!!
Nicholasng925 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nicholasng925 For This Useful Post:
Nicholas92 Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer
 
Nicholas92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 363
  #6 Old 02-09-2012 Default Re: Indian Malaysians + Chinese Malaysians

This won't answer ALL your questions but it's a pretty interesting look at the history of interracial marriage in the country, especially among Malays and the elite: http://www.asiasentinel.com/index.ph...=600&Itemid=34
Nicholas92 is offline   Reply With Quote
frostbyte13 Male
Slightly Senior Member
 
frostbyte13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 664
  #7 Old 02-09-2012 Default Re: Indian Malaysians + Chinese Malaysians

Lol, simple preference. Just as some of my friends prefer to eyeball foreigners, I just happen to prefer such a person. I can't really quantify or reason why though, and I'm sure most people are like this too.
__________________
Hebrews 6 : 10
"God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them."


Psalms 126 : 5
"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy."

Interested in finding me? Add me up facebook
frostbyte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Dominic Male
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor
ReMag Writer
 
Dominic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 853
  #8 Old 03-09-2012 Default Re: Indian Malaysians + Chinese Malaysians

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbyte13 View Post
Lol, simple preference. Just as some of my friends prefer to eyeball foreigners, I just happen to prefer such a person. I can't really quantify or reason why though, and I'm sure most people are like this too.
I prefer foreigners myself, mainly Caucasians and Middle Easterners. Not sure why, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. I guess I just find them more attractive than their Asian counterparts.
__________________
"But what do you say to taking chances,
What do you say to jumping off the edge?
Never knowing if there's solid ground below
Or hand to hold, or hell to pay,
What do you say,
What do you say?"

And thus laments the hopeless romantic that is yours truly.
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reasons why I believe Chinese-Malaysians are racist. Thirdshifter Malaysia Today 194 05-06-2011 12:33 AM
mahathir chinese indian or.............. PJKru Malaysia Today 15 29-01-2008 04:08 PM
[OT Lock]chinese malaysians and islam iQing Malaysia Today 6 27-12-2006 11:36 PM


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

ReCom stands for Reborn Community. It has no affiliation with other organizations that may share the same name. The views expressed in this website solely represent the authors point of view and do not necessarily reflect the views of ReCom Anchors and other ReCom users.


 

Page generated in 0.09207 seconds with 17 queries