ReCom.org
Every Little Thing About Medicine Discussion for Doctors, Pharmacists, Potential Doctors, Patients and also Nurse :on Everything about Medicine!

Medicine in Russia Today

orange2388
Super Junior Member

#1 Old 25-02-2007 Default Medicine in Russia Today

i am now doing my a-levels and going to finish this june and i am planing to apply for KSMU. how are things there?? has it change from the last few topics or its still the same??

another thing is i heard that i need to take physics for my 1st because i didn take physic for my a-levles.

and is this degree recornise by malaysia??
oh ya.. i really wish to contact people studying there.. anyone can help me?? thanks..
orange2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
evening_go_jogging

#2 Old 02-03-2007 Default

hi, what's the full name of KSMU?
does it offer scholarships?
evening_go_jogging is offline   Reply With Quote
orange2388
Super Junior Member

#3 Old 08-03-2007 Default

KSMU is kursk state medical university. i am not sure weather its offering and scholarships a not.. but i think there is loans
orange2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
anbu
Super Junior Member

#4 Old 25-04-2007 Default

yea, its recognized. there are 5 Russian Universities currently recognized by the MMA. in no particular order, they are :

1. Kursk State Medical
2. Moscow Medical Academy
3. RSMU
4. NNSMA
5. Volgograd State Medical

from wht i heard from my friends, KSMU has the most number of Malaysian Students..
anbu is offline   Reply With Quote
thp
Super Junior Member

#5 Old 26-07-2007 Default

I am successful in posting my message.

Yes, I also heard that KSMU has the most Malaysian students. It seems that students coming back from KSMU have positive comments on the university. I think it can be an appropriate place to go for Medicine. The fees itself is not very expensive but the service charge and the air ticket can come up to quite a large sum of money. The summer vacation is 2 months. Students have to come back as the university is closed down.

I am interested in going there and I would like the seniors to tell us some information about the study there.
thp is offline   Reply With Quote
NV1989
Super Junior Member

#6 Old 28-01-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening_go_jogging
hi, what's the full name of KSMU?
Kursk State Medical University
NV1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
NV1989
Super Junior Member

#7 Old 28-01-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thp
I am successful in posting my message.

Yes, I also heard that KSMU has the most Malaysian students. It seems that students coming back from KSMU have positive comments on the university. I think it can be an appropriate place to go for Medicine. The fees itself is not very expensive but the service charge and the air ticket can come up to quite a large sum of money. The summer vacation is 2 months. Students have to come back as the university is closed down.

I am interested in going there and I would like the seniors to tell us some information about the study there.
Do think A person that is studying there, will tell u that it's not good there? Then later you might look down on them. Well... Think bout tat.
NV1989
Super Junior Member

#8 Old 28-01-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbu
yea, its recognized. there are 5 Russian Universities currently recognized by the MMA. in no particular order, they are :

1. Kursk State Medical
2. Moscow Medical Academy
3. RSMU
4. NNSMA
5. Volgograd State Medical

from wht i heard from my friends, KSMU has the most number of Malaysian Students..
I think you should review the latest University order.

There's name for Moscow Medical Academy(MMA) - M1
Which means in the whole order of medical uni in Russia, MMA is the 1st. Please post facts and not rumours in Recom. Here is a place where we should get true and accurate news and info! NOT RUMOURS!

Ranking in Russia & Name of Uni:
15) I.M. Sechenov Moscow Medical Academy
(MMA)

135) Volgogradskij Gosudarstvennyj Medicinskij Universitet-
Volgograd State Medical University (VSMU)

139) Nizhny Novgorod State Medical Academy
(NNSMA)

193) Kurskij Gosudarstvennyj Medicinskij Universitet
Kursk State Medical University(KSMU)

But for RSMU-M2, i couldn't find. Sorry. These ranking is by internet popularity. For further info-http://www.4icu.org/ru/

For the actual one, i'll post it when i'm free to do so which will be after my exams. Have a great time.
NV1989
Super Junior Member

#9 Old 28-01-2008 Default Re: medicine in russia today

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange2388
i am now doing my a-levels and going to finish this june and i am planing to apply for KSMU. how are things there?? has it change from the last few topics or its still the same??

another thing is i heard that i need to take physics for my 1st because i didn take physic for my a-levles.

and is this degree recornise by malaysia??
oh ya.. i really wish to contact people studying there.. anyone can help me?? thanks..
I'm currently studying medicine in Russia.

I think you shouldn't apply for KSMU, maybe you've made up your mind to go there because you heard some agents said that Tun Dr.Mahathir's niece and nephew are there. Well, I strongly recommend that you reconsider and go for the top medical uni in Russia. Kursk has a really bad reputation. Anyway, the last decision is up to you.

You need to have Physics, Maths, Chemistry, Bio (science subs) for your pre-U to enter 1st year. Or else, you might have to take Pre-Medical course here.

If you need more information, Please contact me at [email address] - My e-mail address, and msn address.

All the best for your future.
hansley
Super Junior Member

#10 Old 26-03-2009 Default Re: medicine in russia today

I'm considering of going to Volgograd University, as a freshman.. any suggestions or preparations regarding russia?
hansley is offline   Reply With Quote