ReCom.org
Every Little Thing About Medicine Discussion for Doctors, Pharmacists, Potential Doctors, Patients and also Nurse :on Everything about Medicine!

IMU

jingguo Male

#41 Old 06-08-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuekkuek View Post
hello, jingguo!!!!
i hv a question to ask u since u're a current medic student in IMU...is IMU recognized internationally???? like Aus, NZ, Canada, Ireland, US n UK? cz i heard my fren's aunt trying to apply to work in Aus gov hosp, bt was turned down with the medic degree cert from IMU...so can u help me to clarify my doubts???? thnks in advance.....
hi!! sorry for such a late reply. here's the thing, depending on whether you are doing IMU MBBs locally or with the partner medical schools, your application would depend. so far, IMU's local degree is recognised locally and in sri lanka. however for degree of which is from your partner medical schools, it would depend on whether the degree offered by the overseas uni is recognised in the particular country or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by along4896 View Post
hi, jingguo^^

i wil be goin for BPharm july 2008. any senior to introduce for me?
hi sorry for the late reply. hope u would b able to settle here by now. if you still need any help around sri petaling and IMU just let me know. I'm in M107.

Last edited by jingguo; 06-08-2008 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
jingguo is offline   Reply With Quote
newell
Super Junior Member

#42 Old 19-08-2008 Default greetings!

Hi there! I would like to join IMU for the Feb 2009 intake, and I would like to find out from those who are currently in IMU on the processes and procedures in application + interview section held by IMU annually. Any tips/ advice for a newbie applying to IMU??

Please enlighten me on whether the application has now been open or not. Thx!!
newell is offline   Reply With Quote
jingguo Male

#43 Old 07-09-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_ubake View Post
For the JPA students in IMU, does JPA provide free hostels for them during the first year? Or do they need to find accomodation themselves? What are the recommended accomodations that are convinient enough?
Again, sorry for this uber late reply.. have been stuck with tonnes of stuff.. as with accomodation, there are no free hostels or what so ever in IMU.. JPA would bank in certain amount of monthly allowances, and we in IMU are left to fend for ourselves with the amount of money. Accommodation lies squarely on our shoulders. There are our course apartments to let around IMU, which is the nearest of all already. IMU do provide accomodation as well, but again, it is normally on the slightly more expensive scale with rules and regulations attached of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newell View Post
Hi there! I would like to join IMU for the Feb 2009 intake, and I would like to find out from those who are currently in IMU on the processes and procedures in application + interview section held by IMU annually. Any tips/ advice for a newbie applying to IMU??

Please enlighten me on whether the application has now been open or not. Thx!!
hi!!! as of now, i think the registration is open, you can visit this site

http://www.imu.edu.my/pros_un_medicine_entry.html

you can get the details and information of the registration there,as of the interview there has been a lengthy discussion regarding the interview process. however, if there is any specific queries with the interview, do feel free to post them up!!!

Last edited by jingguo; 07-09-2008 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
breeze Male
Super Junior Member

#44 Old 15-02-2009 Default Re: IMU

Hi everyone. I am new here and this is my first post.
I have some questions regarding the IMU-PMS. I want to know if it is possible for me to work in the country that the PMS university is located after I have graduate? The country that I wished for is Australia but I am also curious about other countries which IMU twins with. If the answer is yes, how high are the chances for me to settle there? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Last edited by breeze; 15-02-2009 at 10:32 PM.
breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
randywang Male
Super Junior Member

#45 Old 27-03-2009 Default Re: IMU

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingguo View Post
Again, sorry for this uber late reply.. have been stuck with tonnes of stuff.. as with accomodation, there are no free hostels or what so ever in IMU.. JPA would bank in certain amount of monthly allowances, and we in IMU are left to fend for ourselves with the amount of money. Accommodation lies squarely on our shoulders. There are our course apartments to let around IMU, which is the nearest of all already. IMU do provide accomodation as well, but again, it is normally on the slightly more expensive scale with rules and regulations attached of course.

hi!!! as of now, i think the registration is open, you can visit this site

http://www.imu.edu.my/pros_un_medicine_entry.html

you can get the details and information of the registration there,as of the interview there has been a lengthy discussion regarding the interview process. however, if there is any specific queries with the interview, do feel free to post them up!!!
Hi JING GUO,
I'm going for IMU medical interview on 2nd April and i'm freaking scared rite now!! I really hope I can get into IMU. Can you suggest on what kind of questions does IMU ask??

Moreover, I got ABB for my A levels. Do you think it is a high chance to get accepted by IMU?? Please answer..

Randy
randywang is offline   Reply With Quote
jingguo Male

#46 Old 11-04-2009 Default Re: IMU

I am so so sorry for the past date reply!!! Been very very busy with things around in uni.

How did it go??

I'm sure you'll do just fine.

Regards,
jingguo
baby_ubake

#47 Old 13-04-2009 Default Re: IMU

Quote:
Originally Posted by randywang View Post
Hi JING GUO,
I'm going for IMU medical interview on 2nd April and i'm freaking scared rite now!! I really hope I can get into IMU. Can you suggest on what kind of questions does IMU ask??

Moreover, I got ABB for my A levels. Do you think it is a high chance to get accepted by IMU?? Please answer..

Randy
Hi, so how was the interview? Can you tell me something about it?
Are you going for the August intake? I am. My interview is scheduled on 29 of April.
Hope we can meet in IMU...
Btw, have you found a house/hostel at IMU?
jingguo Male

#48 Old 15-04-2009 Default Re: IMU

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze View Post
Hi everyone. I am new here and this is my first post.
I have some questions regarding the IMU-PMS. I want to know if it is possible for me to work in the country that the PMS university is located after I have graduate? The country that I wished for is Australia but I am also curious about other countries which IMU twins with. If the answer is yes, how high are the chances for me to settle there? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Hello, I think I am the only one around to answer these questions of yours. Lol..

1. Yes, you can work in the country that the PMS university is located. Ie if you've graduate from Aussie Uni you would be able to work in Aussie or New Zealand and vice versa.

2. IMU basically twins universities in New Zealand, Australia, UK, US and Canada. However, not all the universities in those countries are twinned with IMU. As much as said, IMU has been changes of the members of the Partner Universities due to regional or national policies. Thus there may be additional or retreat of certain universities when you enter IMU. For current updates on the universities check this link out:
http://imu.edu.my/partner-about-overview.html

3. I don't have any clue of the chances of settling there but there are seniors who are residing there and working. So yeah.

Hope it helps!!

Regards,
jingguo

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_ubake View Post
Hi, so how was the interview? Can you tell me something about it?
Are you going for the August intake? I am. My interview is scheduled on 29 of April.
Hope we can meet in IMU...
Btw, have you found a house/hostel at IMU?
Hey hey,

I'd suggest you to check out this thread :
http://recom.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5316

I'd say the interview format still remains the same all these while and the lecturers, well, ask the same stuff all over again. =)

As for your accommodation, when you do come to IMU for interview, I'd suggest that you head to the Student Services Department on the Ground Floor, just right at the entrance and ask for a list of available accommodation from the staff there.

By any chance, you might see me working there too!! lol..

Regards,
jingguo

Last edited by jingguo; 15-04-2009 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
tsar Male

#49 Old 15-04-2009 Default Re: IMU

Anyone can tell me anything about IMU scholarship?
tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
jingguo Male

#50 Old 15-04-2009 Default Re: IMU

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsar View Post
Anyone can tell me anything about IMU scholarship?
Hi,

All about the scholarship in IMU is right over at this link.

http://www.imu.edu.my/pro-financial-imu.html

I think it would basically answer all your queries.