ReCom.org
Every Little Thing About Medicine Discussion for Doctors, Pharmacists, Potential Doctors, Patients and also Nurse :on Everything about Medicine!

IMU

baby_ubake

#51 Old 20-04-2009 Default Re: IMU

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingguo View Post

Hey hey,

I'd suggest you to check out this thread :
http://recom.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5316

I'd say the interview format still remains the same all these while and the lecturers, well, ask the same stuff all over again. =)

As for your accommodation, when you do come to IMU for interview, I'd suggest that you head to the Student Services Department on the Ground Floor, just right at the entrance and ask for a list of available accommodation from the staff there.

By any chance, you might see me working there too!! lol..

Regards,
jingguo
Thanks for the info. I was a little clueless about house-hunting over here... lolx
You working there? I thought you are studying... part-time job? lol...
The last time I went to IMU for some visiting trip, I saw you too actually... I dun think you remembered though...
jingguo Male

#52 Old 23-04-2009 Default Re: IMU

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_ubake View Post
Thanks for the info. I was a little clueless about house-hunting over here... lolx
You working there? I thought you are studying... part-time job? lol...
The last time I went to IMU for some visiting trip, I saw you too actually... I dun think you remembered though...
Hi,

Well, I am graduating from IMU Bukit Jalil soon, so by any chance I might be staying back in IMU and work for some time before I am off to PMS!!

Really?? When was it? I have seriously no inkling when that happened..
jingguo is offline   Reply With Quote
daniel83 Male
Super Junior Member

#53 Old 12-11-2009 Default Re: IMU

hi.. i need help from u all IMU students.. i not IMU student, but my gf she are..

now the problem is she goin oversea study next year, but IMU sent her to a university which is not in her 10 choices list.. n her exam result not bad, but even those student who worst than her can get better university than IMU sent her.. now she already appeals the letter to the office, the office lady said tat the percent very low. she jus called up the lecturer who teaching her and realised tat new lecturer din write up recognition letter to the office..swt..

so can anyone help her, any recognition staff who can help her?? pls...
thanks u all
daniel83 is offline   Reply With Quote
orthopod

#54 Old 12-11-2009 Default Re: IMU

firstly.it would be really helpful if u could type in english i can actually understand..but nevertheless i think i get your drift..

I think she can appeal to go to universities that still have spots left..in the past IMU has lots of spots left in NZ universities...&some not so popular universities in australia like tasmania..(im not sure if this has changed though) if you dont mind me asking..where does she plan to go and where did she get?

I think the australian universities are EXTREMELY POPULAR with the IMU Students because its much cheaper compared to the canadian/UK/irish schools..so if she wants to go to australia..probaby forget it?Come to think of it..look at it this way..most of the students go to IMU because their parents want to save a bit on cost...so even 50 thousand rm is quite a big saving..?
orthopod is offline   Reply With Quote
jingguo Male

#55 Old 21-11-2009 Default Re: IMU

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel83 View Post
hi.. i need help from u all IMU students.. i not IMU student, but my gf she are..

now the problem is she goin oversea study next year, but IMU sent her to a university which is not in her 10 choices list.. n her exam result not bad, but even those student who worst than her can get better university than IMU sent her.. now she already appeals the letter to the office, the office lady said tat the percent very low. she jus called up the lecturer who teaching her and realised tat new lecturer din write up recognition letter to the office..swt..

so can anyone help her, any recognition staff who can help her?? pls...
thanks u all
hi daniel and orthopod. orthopod, things do have change as compared to the past. maybe you can have a read on this too. just to keep yourself abreast.

daniel, i do agree with orthopod regarding your english. no offence.

from what i comprehend, she should be in her semester 5, exams due next week rite? If my guess is correct, then i would be her senior by a batch. =) I have been studying in imu and been working there too. To clarify a point, what the matching process guarantees is a place for students to go to their university which imu partners with. hence with this said, matching does not guarantee you the top university that you want to go.

and with current trend or the agreement of what i understand, the partner universities will take imu students in ratio of results. for example, if university A offers 4 places, it might be filled up by 1 top scorer of the batch, 2 average student and 1 slightly below average student. hence it is no surprise for someone who is weaker to get to go to their university of their choice though another person who might be better in results vies for the same place. other than that, we should look into other aspects, has her result been consistent all this while? some university may look into overall academic performances rather than just one EOS. how about non academic qualities? has she has something that puts her at the better edge? there was a co-cu form which she needed to fill in.

as of now, she can only appeal (chances are slim definitely) and wait.

and to orthopod, i do agree with you every cent saved is money saved, but i believe the winds have indeed changed, the trend these days is that students are looking into UK and aussie uni equally. reasons being: Aussie exchange is getting stronger, hence with school fees and living costs counted, its not much different being in UK or Aussie. Second, as according to a news article in Aussie, the MOH is reducing the number of international interns. NZ unis are also reducing the places they offer to imu students as stipulated by their government to increase the number of local students. And infact more students are actually looking into NZ as their preferred uni. As seen in my batch.
orthopod

#56 Old 21-11-2009 Default Re: IMU

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingguo View Post
hi daniel and orthopod. orthopod, things do have change as compared to the past. maybe you can have a read on this too. just to keep yourself abreast.

daniel, i do agree with orthopod regarding your english. no offence.

from what i comprehend, she should be in her semester 5, exams due next week rite? If my guess is correct, then i would be her senior by a batch. =) I have been studying in imu and been working there too. To clarify a point, what the matching process guarantees is a place for students to go to their university which imu partners with. hence with this said, matching does not guarantee you the top university that you want to go.

and with current trend or the agreement of what i understand, the partner universities will take imu students in ratio of results. for example, if university A offers 4 places, it might be filled up by 1 top scorer of the batch, 2 average student and 1 slightly below average student. hence it is no surprise for someone who is weaker to get to go to their university of their choice though another person who might be better in results vies for the same place. other than that, we should look into other aspects, has her result been consistent all this while? some university may look into overall academic performances rather than just one EOS. how about non academic qualities? has she has something that puts her at the better edge? there was a co-cu form which she needed to fill in.

as of now, she can only appeal (chances are slim definitely) and wait.

and to orthopod, i do agree with you every cent saved is money saved, but i believe the winds have indeed changed, the trend these days is that students are looking into UK and aussie uni equally. reasons being: Aussie exchange is getting stronger, hence with school fees and living costs counted, its not much different being in UK or Aussie. Second, as according to a news article in Aussie, the MOH is reducing the number of international interns. NZ unis are also reducing the places they offer to imu students as stipulated by their government to increase the number of local students. And infact more students are actually looking into NZ as their preferred uni. As seen in my batch.

well yeah maybe u are right about this..because IMU doesnt twin with the more expensive london unis..the other unis probably have comparable fees to aussie..
jingguo Male

#57 Old 22-11-2009 Default Re: IMU

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthopod View Post
well yeah maybe u are right about this..because IMU doesnt twin with the more expensive london unis..the other unis probably have comparable fees to aussie..
well, sometimes it isnt just about expensive or cheap universities i guess.. its the quality education.. take uni of edinburgh for example, it still burns a hole in the pocket..
orthopod

#58 Old 23-11-2009 Default Re: IMU

am i disputing the quality of education?yeah edinbugh is pricey but not as ex as kings ,ucl or imperial
jingguo Male

#59 Old 16-12-2009 Default Re: IMU

Hi guys, for those who are thinking of knowing more about medicine and IMU and its Partner schools, or in fact any other courses in IMU, please come find us this weekend at Mid Valley Exhibition Center on either days (Sat or Sun)!! I will be there on both days!!
summer
Super Junior Member

#60 Old 16-12-2009 Default Re: IMU

anyone currently is a BPharm student? i want to know more about the transfer programmes to Uni of Queensland..
summer is offline   Reply With Quote