ReCom.org
Walking Along the Path of Life The title says it all. =P

National Service Experience Sharing

Xon
lazy bunny
Administrator

#1 Old 06-04-2008 Default National Service Experience Sharing

Okay,i am about to go back since my holiday finish today. start this thread to make Recom more lively.

format will be followed....

>series/batch
>location/name of camp
>incidents to share/discuss/talk craps
>something to advice/safety measures (particular or general)
>thoughts

Sharing is Caring mah. share anything nia lar...

Federation of Malaysia is formed by Sarawak, North Borneo, Malaya (and Singapore) by 16 Sept 1963. It has nothing to do with 31 Aug 1957. Just saying.
Xon is offline   Reply With Quote
Xon
lazy bunny
Administrator

#2 Old 05-06-2008 Default

K2/S5,Kem Juara,Serian.

incident 1 : 1st week already got people fighting,because of public phone. all guys public phone are out of order. guys went to used girls. and the guy was "woo" by another group of guys. the fought in my room. in 11pm. all guys were summoned out to squad until 1am+. Lesson learnt : be more tolerate.

incident 2 : when you use the toilet watched "up". Some naugthy friends tend to watch you bathing. =.= Lesson learnt : bath outside. Use the "kolam".

incident 3 : another figthing was nearly trigger because of a "bodoh'. Lesson learn : talk less,smile always.

Some safety measures :
be punctual,dont keep mobile phone privately,dont fight,dont jump-queue when eating times come,dont "woo" people,eat well,sleep early with blanket covering until head only,have a gang of own friends who will remind you to do laundry....

my thoughts : if its not NS,i wont know,the meaning of life in full...if its not NS,i wont know so many people...

Federation of Malaysia is formed by Sarawak, North Borneo, Malaya (and Singapore) by 16 Sept 1963. It has nothing to do with 31 Aug 1957. Just saying.
Xon is offline   Reply With Quote
sAmurAi-X
Slightly Senior Member

#3 Old 05-06-2008 Default

Malaysians like to fight. Try to watch Malaysian football games.

Experiences of Insignificant City Folk
sAmurAi-X is offline   Reply With Quote
sherenesheep
Slightly Senior Member

#4 Old 10-06-2008 Default

wow u make it sound so scary!!! peeping toms aye?? hehe

Yesterday is history, and tomorrow a mystery, but today, is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
sherenesheep is offline   Reply With Quote
unrealsilver
Super Junior Member

#5 Old 16-08-2008 Default

k1/s3
Camp was at bintulu,sarawak.

I can tell you that going for National Service was the best time of my life.
Learnt a lot of things you won't possibly learn in school.
Meeting people from all walks of life..

Imagine going on the kembara halangan,going for firefox..
camping in the woods..

and,the best part was getting to eat 'ayam pansoh' in the jungle..cooked in bamboo.. yummy.

there are so many experiences that i have gained. all of them are engraved in my minds..couldn't possibly write all of them here.

All in all, NS is the best! haha
unrealsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
eve88 Female

#6 Old 17-11-2008 Default Re: National Service Experience Sharing

im still deferring.

anyone knows what kind of evidence they actually accept to prove that im actually studying overseas?

and is there any way to *not* have to fill the darn form year after year after bloody year?

[summer hols 2009 from mid nov to early feb --> no time to attend. same schedule every year till 2013.]
eve88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Myth Male
Less Junior Member

#7 Old 17-11-2008 Default Re: National Service Experience Sharing

K1/S5,
Kem Akademi Kepimpinan Segari,Lumut,Perak.

-Got a chance to meet with people with different backgrounds,learned to mix and to live mutually with various kinds of people.(There were a lot of freaks in my camp indeed,e.g.people who stole undies,professionally,until the trainers,who were mainly ex-soldiers couldn't find out who did the great job...I wonder what he/they want to do with those undies..)

-Learned that it is not easy to be a sharp shooter..My shooting was so pathetic...

-Be patient.Stay calm in any circumstances,make precise judgment and think carefully before taking actions,as one's minute mistake may affect the whole team,especially during Wirajaya.

-Learned to be a leader (military style).It was an awful experience,leaders are the ones who always punished by Jurulatih.Every single mistake that trainees make,punishment will be imposed upon leaders.In addition to the cruel KJ (ketua Jurulatih) that my camp has,it was literally a nightmare to shout and shout at my friends (forced to do so) and ended up....Despite,one lesson that is really invaluable is to be given absolute power and not to misuse it.

-Learned to be discipline.

-Learned to march and to give command,under the hot sun.

-Learned some precious knowledge,e.g. How to survive in jungle,how to kayak-ing.....

After all,NS is still a great programme,what I gained from NS is really beyond my imagination.

Last edited by The Myth; 18-11-2008 at 12:08 AM.
The Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
LilDeviant
Less Junior Member

#8 Old 17-11-2008 Default Re: National Service Experience Sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by eve88 View Post
im still deferring.

anyone knows what kind of evidence they actually accept to prove that im actually studying overseas?

and is there any way to *not* have to fill the darn form year after year after bloody year?

[summer hols 2009 from mid nov to early feb --> no time to attend. same schedule every year till 2013.]

Same situation. Just attach your offer letter or anything of that sort as evidence should be fine.
LilDeviant is offline   Reply With Quote
eve88 Female

#9 Old 18-11-2008 Default Re: National Service Experience Sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilDeviant View Post
Same situation. Just attach your offer letter or anything of that sort as evidence should be fine.
Since I'm SPM 2005 batch, I have deferment certificate for year 2006.

2007 after I sent in the form, they send a notice - in october, i think - saying they need extra proof to approve the deferment. Apparently they wanted school fee receipts. A bit troublesome as I was under ASEAN scholarship at the time - so I hantam and just send a whole stack of the school Miscellaneous Fee (SGD22/month) receipts.

Then after that no word whatsoever from them.

Should I send in Form B anyway (and risk calling attention to myself) or wait till they "discover" me.....
eve88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Cookies Female
Super Junior Member

#10 Old 30-11-2008 Default Re: National Service Experience Sharing

K2/S5
Kem Puncak Permai, Bau,srwk

Countless of fun experience happened...joining NS is indeed the best experience i have gained so far. it's not really 3 months, after deduct so many holidays, left only bout 2 months.

1)Life in NS is very relaxing if u r wirawati (female) ...some types of kembara halangan u can avoid it...if u dont want to do physical activities, jz tell the jurulatih, he or she wont force you..

2)I like kayak-ing the most...if u r citizen, u wont be able to kayak if not in NS...it's free n unlimited! Moreover,I came from peninsula so it's a great time for me to meet Dayak friends n trainers..And i found that Bidayuh frenz r nice n cute...My camp is at bau, but it's very near to kuching, so we go to Ci Yun temple which is in Kuching every Sunday..n after the pray v also go to shopping before go back to camp.So, Sunday is the best day for us during that time!

3)There's so many unforgettable moments, one of them is when i need to go for program pendedahan kerjaya seorang doktor at GSH, they send me alone everyday from camp for a week! They even send me my lunch from camp, travel for almost half an hour to come over n hand in my lunch...huf..i feel so touching...really..they even help me when i forget to bring my parents birth cert which is needed for jpa interview...

Till now, i still in contact wif my NS frenz, we even keep a promise to come back to the camp two years later...haiz...anyway, whether NS is gud or bad, jz join it n i believe ur ans is definitely the former...
Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote