ReCom.org
Reading Sharing Share your past, present, and future readings here.

Buying the book Online.

leeashroe Female
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#21 Old 25-12-2011 Default Re: Buying the book Online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marczeman View Post
How about just investing in a Kindle(or any other e-reader) and pirating the ebooks instead? Will save you an infinite amount of money. If you don't want to cough up for an e-reader then you could just read it off your notebook/netbook/desktop...I can't even remember the last time I paid for a novel...

Reference books(and others with diagrams etc) might be best viewed on a full size monitor..
An e-reader is definitely an investment. It's comfortable reading through your e-reader rather than your desktop. Other than pirated ones, you can legally get ebooks for free too, especially classics. Some of Amazon's ebooks are less than $1! Amazon has daily Kindle ebook offers that you can check out as well
Super Junior Member

#22 Old 20-07-2012 Default Re: Buying the book Online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeashroe View Post
An e-reader is definitely an investment. It's comfortable reading through your e-reader rather than your desktop. Other than pirated ones, you can legally get ebooks for free too, especially classics. Some of Amazon's ebooks are less than $1! Amazon has daily Kindle ebook offers that you can check out as well
Amazon also has the Kindle app that you can download to your smartphones and computers. I have a Kindle of my own and I can't explain just how much it saved me from dying of boredom when i'm flying and transit-ing for 28hours. Just think, you can fit all the Game of thrones series and hundreds more into that little device without having to worry about weight and luggage space

As for buying books online in Malaysia I've tried MPH, Lazada Malaysia, and Kino.

Kino is good for getting international books while MPH and Lazada Malaysia are good for the random discounts and promos.

Leeashroe, have you tried buying books from the Book Depository website before? Is it good/legit?
dargon is offline   Reply With Quote
marczeman Male

#23 Old 20-07-2012 Default Re: Buying the book Online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dargon View Post
Amazon also has the Kindle app that you can download to your smartphones and computers. I have a Kindle of my own and I can't explain just how much it saved me from dying of boredom when i'm flying and transit-ing for 28hours. Just think, you can fit all the Game of thrones series and hundreds more into that little device without having to worry about weight and luggage space

As for buying books online in Malaysia I've tried MPH, Lazada Malaysia, and Kino.

Kino is good for getting international books while MPH and Lazada Malaysia are good for the random discounts and promos.

Leeashroe, have you tried buying books from the Book Depository website before? Is it good/legit?
How did you purchase your Kindle btw?
Laziest
Forum Moderator

#24 Old 20-07-2012 Default Re: Buying the book Online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dargon View Post

Hi, the book depository is legit. I think they shipped books worldwide so this is one of the way to get the books that might not be available in Malaysia, especially if it's indie published.