ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate

Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate Post your questions on these topics ONLY

FAQ about TOEFL, SAT 1 , SAT 2 and US University Application

Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya Male
Less Junior Member

#511 Old 25-04-2011 Default Re: FAQ about TOEFL, SAT 1 , SAT 2 and US University Application

Hi. I'm a STPM leaver without SAT / TOEFL / IELTS, having only MUET and english 1119.

Can i apply to US without these? How?

Is there any sponsorship to sponsor me to take these tests?
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
IAmYourNightmare Male
Super Junior Member

#512 Old 25-04-2011 Default Re: FAQ about TOEFL, SAT 1 , SAT 2 and US University Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya View Post
Hi. I'm a STPM leaver without SAT / TOEFL / IELTS, having only MUET and english 1119.

Can i apply to US without these? How?

Is there any sponsorship to sponsor me to take these tests?
Only a handful of US universities do not require standardized testing.. I would suggest you take the SAT 1/SAT 2 or ACT and TOEFL.

There is an Opportunity Grant Award by MACEE that sponsors everything including your application fees and standardized testing fees. Check it out.
Super Junior Member

#513 Old 30-06-2012 Default Re: FAQ about TOEFL, SAT 1 , SAT 2 and US University Application

Hi there .
I'm a form four student , interested in studying Physics / Mathematics / Engineering at MIT or Caltech . I know I have a big dream , but why not ?

I fell in love particularly in MIT after watching their open courseware videos . It's so refreshing . Professors are the best in their fields . It's one of the best universities for physics and engineering .

So , where do I start ? I don't have any mindblowing achievements , just a couple of nationals and that's about it . My strength is in academics , I do love studying especially for physics , chemistry , biology , mathematics and the languages .

Does MIT look at form four results too ? I don't have problems with my main subjects but I really don't pay much attention on my Sivik . Will that be a problem ?

Is it wise to take SAT after my SPM ?

Thank you .
maximR is offline   Reply With Quote
Guinevere Female
Super Junior Member

#514 Old 30-07-2012 Default Re: FAQ about TOEFL, SAT 1 , SAT 2 and US University Application

Hello, I'm planning to study my undergraduate degree in petroleum engineering at University of Texas at Austin. So, I have to take the SAT subject tests now. Which SAT II subject tests are required to apply to UT Austin? I think my stronger subjects are chemistry and maths. But, is it compulsory for engineering students to take physics instead of chemistry? Thanks
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Maxphray Female
Super Junior Member

#515 Old 31-07-2012 Question Re: FAQ about TOEFL, SAT 1 , SAT 2 and US University Application

Hey I'm registering for the SATs for December and I would like to make sure that I don't fill in things wrong.

For chinese names like Renee Wong Sze Wen (exactly shown on IC), do I fill in the First Name/Last Name forms like this?

First Name: Renee, Sze Wen
Last Name: Wong
Maxphray is offline   Reply With Quote
ayjiahui Female
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor
ReMag Writer

#516 Old 31-07-2012 Default Re: FAQ about TOEFL, SAT 1 , SAT 2 and US University Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxphray View Post
Hey I'm registering for the SATs for December and I would like to make sure that I don't fill in things wrong.

For chinese names like Renee Wong Sze Wen (exactly shown on IC), do I fill in the First Name/Last Name forms like this?

First Name: Renee, Sze Wen
Last Name: Wong
yeah you can do that.

alternatively you can just do renee wong. they're not that particular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevere View Post
Hello, I'm planning to study my undergraduate degree in petroleum engineering at University of Texas at Austin. So, I have to take the SAT subject tests now. Which SAT II subject tests are required to apply to UT Austin? I think my stronger subjects are chemistry and maths. But, is it compulsory for engineering students to take physics instead of chemistry? Thanks
email the college. only way to know.

Nobody will ever win the Battle of the Sexes. There's just too much fraternizing with the enemy.
~Henry Kissinger

(looking for people to parler franšais! PM me!)

Last edited by ayjiahui; 31-07-2012 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
ayjiahui is offline   Reply With Quote