ReCom.org
The Music Cottage la la la la la. For those who love music

Diploma in Music - UITM

Vyra11 Female
Super Junior Member

#1 Old 15-08-2012 Default Diploma in Music - UITM

Hello everyone!!

Well, I have some question about this course. I wonder, can I take electric guitar as my major instrument or I will be taking acoustic or classical guitar? And, may I know what kind of hearing test are they giving? I really want to know about this before enrolling there.. Maybe, anyone knows any information about it? So, thanks in advance.

Last edited by Vyra11; 15-08-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Vyra11 is offline   Reply With Quote
ApriliaGuy Male
Super Junior Member

#2 Old 29-09-2012 Default Re: Diploma in Music - UITM

Hi! Yes there is an electric guitar course in UiTM but I must warn you that places are severely limited due to the amount of good guitarists out there. Last I checked there is a sight-reading test, an audition of pieces/scales/arpeggios/modes you can play and knowledge of your chords. The hearing test, I believe is a simple one where you have to name the intervals and types of chords played (dim, aug, b5/9/11/13, etc.)

Will ask around nonetheless, can't really remember what the auditions were like.