ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > SPM & STPM

SPM & STPM Post questions on SPM and STPM topics ONLY.

STPM leaver study in Australia

jayess Female
Super Junior Member

#1 Old 18-05-2013 Exclamation STPM leaver study in Australia

Umph,I'm now actually in lower six.
I've read through some posts in RECOM,but I am still blur about it.

I knew that STPM leaver may not able to get the course they desired in IPTA eventhough they scored very well in their exam bcs the priority is given to Matrics and Asasi.

So,what if i want to study in Australia,what should I prepare? IETLS? When should I apply for it (to study in sem one) ?

I know there's a JPA scholarship for STPM leaver if they get good result and got an offer letter from those top uni. When can we start apply if i want to study in Australia on January?

Thank you very much!!
jayess is offline   Reply With Quote
yiling Female

#2 Old 18-05-2013 Default Re: STPM leaver study in Australia

You can take IELTS anytime as long as you're prepared because it is held once a month, unlike MUET, three times a year. There's no January intake for Aussie uni. You can start applying by using your forecast result and IELTS at your end of stpm, which is oct-dec. Look out for the edu fair held by Aussie universities representatives, you can get the application fees waived if you apply on the spot.
However, IMO, Aussie universities do not have very outstanding rankings (like top10) for you to stand a chance for scholarship. Your main target should be US/UK universities.
yiling is offline   Reply With Quote
jayess Female
Super Junior Member

#3 Old 18-05-2013 Default Re: STPM leaver study in Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by yiling View Post
You can take IELTS anytime as long as you're prepared because it is held once a month, unlike MUET, three times a year. There's no January intake for Aussie uni. You can start applying by using your forecast result and IELTS at your end of stpm, which is oct-dec. Look out for the edu fair held by Aussie universities representatives, you can get the application fees waived if you apply on the spot.
However, IMO, Aussie universities do not have very outstanding rankings (like top10) for you to stand a chance for scholarship. Your main target should be US/UK universities.
Thanks for your reply.
I am aiming for University of Melbourne.
Aren't their sem one starts on January? (correct me if i'm wrong)
yiling Female

#4 Old 18-05-2013 Default Re: STPM leaver study in Australia

January is summer, so it's summer break. Aussie unis usually commence in march and July. So you don't need to rush for the first intake actually. Apply for the second intake so that you have time to apply for scholarships.
The Following User Says Thank You to yiling For This Useful Post:
jayess Female
Super Junior Member

#5 Old 18-05-2013 Default Re: STPM leaver study in Australia

Btw,can I ask you a ques?
where are you studying now?
yiling Female

#6 Old 18-05-2013 Default Re: STPM leaver study in Australia

I'm currently waiting for uni. Not studying now. Study hard for your form 6, because you don't want to end up regretting what you've chosen.