ReCom.org
Matriculation All threads about matriculation (matrikulasi) belong here.

Cocurricular marks

SHINEE4
Super Junior Member

#31 Old 02-01-2012 Default Re: Cocurricular marks

oh ok thanks alot im from kedah
SHINEE4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Japsimret
Super Junior Member

#32 Old 07-02-2012 Default Re: Cocurricular marks

izit true that to get into UM, the koko marks in matrix muz be at least 90%??
Japsimret is offline   Reply With Quote
spearhead Male
Less Junior Member

#33 Old 26-05-2013 Default Re: Cocurricular marks

Quote:
Originally Posted by weixiang View Post
May i know you are from which matric?

I am a former matriculation student and i faced the same problem too last year. In fact, my secondary school koku marks are much lower than yours. But, that would not be a big problem actually. Since you are in matric, you can be pretty sure that you will have a high mark for your matric koku marks as over there, attendance contribute to most of the marks. Just make sure you attend all koku class. Besides, all koku activities in matric are considered as state-level and will be given high marks.

After all, koku will just make up 10% of your total mark for entry into IPTA. 90% depends on your academic result. Chances to get CGPA 4.0 in matric are very high especially for science students. The same thing cannot be said for STPM students. Here, you are already ahead compared to others.

During my batch, most of my friends got their 1st or 2nd choice for IPTA and just a small number of them get the 3rd and 4th. So, don't worry too much about koku mark and focus on your study instead.

Btw, enjoy your matric life! It's a once in a lifetime experience.
why is it easy to gt 4.0 in matrix?? are the exams easy?? to gain entrance into ipta, k percents of koko marks come from form5 ? and another 5 percents come from matrix 's koko marks??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeYan View Post
getting full 10 marks is quite rare. my koku lecturer give full marks once to a kakom player, and the pengarah questioned him.. seems like he doesn't believe anyone can get full.. but no worries.. lecturers usually give high marks..
i'll be going for mechanical engineeering in the future.. preferably at um,usm,upm or ukm... i am a non-bumi...so getting 4.0 is a must???? is it considered as the critical course?? for those who gt the second intake, do they still have the chance to get the post in the cocuricculum activities?

Last edited by spearhead; 26-05-2013 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
spearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
melindaL
Less Junior Member

#34 Old 27-05-2013 Default Re: Cocurricular marks

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearhead View Post
why is it easy to gt 4.0 in matrix?? are the exams easy?? to gain entrance into ipta, k percents of koko marks come from form5 ? and another 5 percents come from matrix 's koko marks??

i'll be going for mechanical engineeering in the future.. preferably at um,usm,upm or ukm... i am a non-bumi...so getting 4.0 is a must???? is it considered as the critical course?? for those who gt the second intake, do they still have the chance to get the post in the cocuricculum activities?
its easy to get 4.0 for matric nt becoz the exams are easy but becoz the graph are being pulled down.getting 4.0 will increase ur chance to get mech engineering.mech eng is nt critical course but its considered as bidang keutamaan tgthr with law etctec. in my batch 3 yrs ago, half students hv to take kk activities in sem1 and the other half in sem2.enginering does nt require u to get 4.0 but its better to gt 4.0.
melindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
spearhead Male
Less Junior Member

#35 Old 27-05-2013 Default Re: Cocurricular marks

any ex-matriks students didnt gt 4.0 but being offered mechanical engineering course at UM,UPM,UKM,UTM or USM??
spearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
looikw94 Male
Super Junior Member

#36 Old 07-06-2013 Default Re: Cocurricular marks

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearhead View Post

Now, I think that koku marks from secondary school will not be counted, all koku marks from matriks. Exams in matriculation is never easy, some questions are quite tough, to be honest, and 4.0 is basically very crucial if you intend to go for these RU (research universities)
looikw94 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to looikw94 For This Useful Post: