ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Matriculation

Matriculation All threads about matriculation (matrikulasi) belong here.

Some Little Things about Matriks: Read it before you reject :)

adrenc94 Male
Super Junior Member

#31 Old 05-06-2013 Default Re: Some Little Things about Matriks: Read it before you reject :)

KML student here. And I am proud to vouch for Matrik You'll hate it when you first came in, but you'll be sad to leave it when it's your last day there.
adrenc94 is offline   Reply With Quote
spearhead Male
Less Junior Member

#32 Old 05-06-2013 Default Re: Some Little Things about Matriks: Read it before you reject :)

why hate KMM???? the studying environment there nt gud? to get the courses like mechanical enginnering at UKM,USM,UPM,UTM and UM nid cgpa 4.0????
spearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
bush26
Super Junior Member

#33 Old 05-06-2013 Default Re: Some Little Things about Matriks: Read it before you reject :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuiWen_Chong View Post
Just some little things about matriks, it's good to know about it before you give it a big NO

1. Everyone goddamn knows that it's frigging hard to get a seat, especially if you're a non bumi. Be greatful even if you're about to reject.

2. Studying and living away from home may be difficult for you, but it's the same for all of us here. You'll leave home someday and who knows leaving home makes you know how deep your love can be towards your family. Though you don't need the distance to prove it, it's different. Trust me.

3. Matriks isn't for those who are poor or cannot afford private institutions. I have friends who stay in 3 floors bungalow and are bursary holders themselves. If you're eager in doing hot courses like medics, pharmacy, dentistry, you know that the expenses would be sky high even if you have bursary. Your family may be able to support you in the coming 2,3 years, but things may go wrong in a sudden too. It's good to think twice. Oh and yes you'll get allowance every month too haha.

4. Private institutions give the best facilities, because you paid for it. Science labs are well-equipped here too, unlike my secondary school bwaha. If you are comfortable with your new circle of friends there, it's okay to stay. But people you will meet in matriks are someone that you will never ever regret meeting in your life. Not many can eat sleep study play as much time as they spend with you.

5. Studying in A levels or other pre U programmes may mean higher chances in studying at overseas. And most say that matriks qualification is a lil, less than well, recognized by countries apart from Malaysia itself. But I prove this shit wrong. I get conditional offers by King's College London, University of Manchester and University of Bristol. They're all recognised by the JPA scholarship board. Another friend of mine got University of Bristol. Well, see. A list of universities accepting matriks can very viewed from the official matriks website. So don't give up your overseas dream.

6. Thank-you for giving this long arse post a lil attention. It means alot, not only to me, you or your family. Of course, if you're currently pursuing your studies in other institutions I give you all my warmest regards, and be the best no matter what your choice is. To succeed or not depends on you yourself. Good luck!

From,
a proud-to-say KMK student
2012/2013.
OMG,
Can i save this statement and show to the world especially those whom are Pro-STPM and look down on Matriks? I have a junior who went to matriks but eventually gave up and ended up finishing her pre u in STPM and guess what, she scored 4.0 in STPM but did not get her first choice which is Medic, instead she got only dietician, and i'm not sure she regret or not but well I would say that it is a waste that she dropped out of matriks. I went 3 times to appeal at Putrajaya and they don't give me a shat about it, which I ended up in a not so famous uni UTP =(.
bush26 is offline   Reply With Quote
spearhead Male
Less Junior Member

#34 Old 06-06-2013 Default Re: Some Little Things about Matriks: Read it before you reject :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenc94 View Post
KML student here. And I am proud to vouch for Matrik You'll hate it when you first came in, but you'll be sad to leave it when it's your last day there.
for those who have PLKN certificate, they 'll be given priority when choosing the course???
spearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
marczeman Male

#35 Old 06-06-2013 Default Re: Some Little Things about Matriks: Read it before you reject :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bush26 View Post
OMG,
Can i save this statement and show to the world especially those whom are Pro-STPM and look down on Matriks? I have a junior who went to matriks but eventually gave up and ended up finishing her pre u in STPM and guess what, she scored 4.0 in STPM but did not get her first choice which is Medic, instead she got only dietician, and i'm not sure she regret or not but well I would say that it is a waste that she dropped out of matriks. I went 3 times to appeal at Putrajaya and they don't give me a shat about it, which I ended up in a not so famous uni UTP =(.
UTP = not so famous?

Haha what course are you doing? I did matrics, got my first choice from UPU, and still chose UTP (over UTM). I'm doing PE in UTP now.
Super Junior Member

#36 Old 08-06-2013 Default Re: Some Little Things about Matriks: Read it before you reject :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearhead View Post
why hate KMM???? the studying environment there nt gud? to get the courses like mechanical enginnering at UKM,USM,UPM,UTM and UM nid cgpa 4.0????
is the best you get 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearhead View Post
for those who have PLKN certificate, they 'll be given priority when choosing the course???
NO. btw,why u ask so much?

Last edited by laiyee94; 08-06-2013 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
laiyee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
fadz777 Male
Less Junior Member

#37 Old 14-06-2013 Default Re: Some Little Things about Matriks: Read it before you reject :)

3 weeks in matriks.. most of the time spent on playing D:
fadz777 is offline   Reply With Quote