ReCom.org
Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships Everything about scholarships provided by the Public Services Department of Malaysia

Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

pinky Female
Less Junior Member

#31 Old 23-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

for AUSMAT NZ pharmacy,

university of otago is the only uni that offers pharmacy course for international students, right?

let say, if i couldnt manage to get a place in otago, is there any other uni for me to apply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YPing View Post
Let me answer ur questions
The scholarship does not include any book allowances. If thr is any amendment this year, u cn always refer to the perjanjian that will be sent to u for the coming weeks
U dun hav to worry too much about the books. Seniors including me will help u along the way. U cn also get photocopied books frm certain bookshops near shah alam. Seniors will inform u when u enrol into intec
U cn always buy the books frm the seniors
About the prices, i cnt giv u an exact answer but most seniors will sell their books wif notes and pass-year papers fr all subjects over rm100. No worries

I was quite shocked that jpa is offering medicine course fr students to nz
Fr my year, nobody has secured medicine course in nz and most of them bound to twinning program and others. The main reason would be my seniors who encountered problems in getting admission into uni of auckland for medicine due to the limited places and strict interview. The only choice left is uni of otago. However, the interview of otago oso posed the same prob to them as they hav to get high TER score and pass the interview wif flying colours.
So this year, high expectation is on the way fr those who will study medicine in nz. Life would nt be easy. U hav to strive even harder in AUSMAT to get wonderful results...

thnx for your info!

*i'm taking pharmacy, not medicine

Last edited by pinky; 23-05-2010 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
YPing Male
Less Junior Member

#32 Old 23-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky View Post
for AUSMAT NZ pharmacy,

university of otago is the only uni that offers pharmacy course for international students, right?

let say, if i couldnt manage to get a place in otago, is there any other uni for me to apply?

thnx for you info!

*i'm taking pharmacy, not medicine
Haha...I post two posts at one time and they merge together. The medicine in nz refers to someome else.
Yes. Uni of otago is the only uni that offers pharm fr international students. In actual fact, jpa has quota of its scholars in uni of otago. U juz hav to pass the interview and score satisfactory TER.
Thr were cases whr seniors did nt get offer letters frm the uni and the last resort was to apply local uni which is twinning in IMU (most common one) or UIA (Uni of Islam Antarabangsa). This is bcoz AUSMAT results cn only be recognised by certain private colleges and uni but nt the local uni
YPing is offline   Reply With Quote
pinky Female
Less Junior Member

#33 Old 23-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Quote:
Haha...I post two posts at one time and they merge together. The medicine in nz refers to someome else.
Yes. Uni of otago is the only uni that offers pharm fr international students. In actual fact, jpa has quota of its scholars in uni of otago. U juz hav to pass the interview and score satisfactory TER.
Thr were cases whr seniors did nt get offer letters frm the uni and the last resort was to apply local uni which is twinning in IMU (most common one) or UIA (Uni of Islam Antarabangsa). This is bcoz AUSMAT results cn only be recognised by certain private colleges and uni but nt the local uni

so that means, i have to really struggle for AUSMAT..
pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
YPing Male
Less Junior Member

#34 Old 23-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky View Post
so that means, i have to really struggle for AUSMAT..
Juz be prepared and ready...Ntg to worry too much
U will understand better whn u come into intec
AnnieChan Female

#35 Old 23-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayja View Post
There are actually 2 unis offering medicine.
One is Uni Otago, and the other is Uni Auckland.

Most of what Young said pretty much explains the programme briefly.

But there will be an interview for both unis, and there will be written exams for Uni Otago as well (essay writing, if I'm not mistaken).

The entry requirement is around TER96 if I'm not mistaken?

Don't be discouraged. The way to do well for SAM is just work smart. Don't push yourself, cause that won't do you too much good.
oh.. thanks ayja. you're an ausmat-ian as well, right?

Quote:
Let me answer ur questions
The scholarship does not include any book allowances. If thr is any amendment this year, u cn always refer to the perjanjian that will be sent to u for the coming weeks
U dun hav to worry too much about the books. Seniors including me will help u along the way. U cn also get photocopied books frm certain bookshops near shah alam. Seniors will inform u when u enrol into intec
U cn always buy the books frm the seniors
About the prices, i cnt giv u an exact answer but most seniors will sell their books wif notes and pass-year papers fr all subjects over rm100. No worries

I was quite shocked that jpa is offering medicine course fr students to nz
Fr my year, nobody has secured medicine course in nz and most of them bound to twinning program and others. The main reason would be my seniors who encountered problems in getting admission into uni of auckland for medicine due to the limited places and strict interview. The only choice left is uni of otago. However, the interview of otago oso posed the same prob to them as they hav to get high TER score and pass the interview wif flying colours.
So this year, high expectation is on the way fr those who will study medicine in nz. Life would nt be easy. U hav to strive even harder in AUSMAT to get wonderful results...
so, what happened to those seniors that encountered problems in NZ? what will happen if they fail to get a place in NZ? i'm quite worried now lol -.-
AnnieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
chaiyeen Female
Less Junior Member

#36 Old 23-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

I did some research on the universities in Australia and notice that the minimum requirement for Biotechnology course in most of the universities is about TER85.
Is that a very high mark to score?
I am a little confused with how AUSMAT's scoring system works.. Anyone mind to shed some light? Thank you =)
chaiyeen is offline   Reply With Quote
YPing Male
Less Junior Member

#37 Old 23-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieChan View Post
oh.. thanks ayja. you're an ausmat-ian as well, right?

so, what happened to those seniors that encountered problems in NZ? what will happen if they fail to get a place in NZ? i'm quite worried now lol -.-
They have to apply for local private colleges, exp, IMU and monash
Whn u start studying, dun let this issue bothers u. Dun worry too much. Focus on ur studies. I will brief u more whn u enrol in INTEC. I'm one of the student board committee
The Following User Says Thank You to YPing For This Useful Post:
nuel92 Male
Less Junior Member

#38 Old 23-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

i think intec if fine. i'm currently in intec now...
nuel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
AnnieChan Female

#39 Old 23-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Quote:
They have to apply for local private colleges, exp, IMU and monash
Whn u start studying, dun let this issue bothers u. Dun worry too much. Focus on ur studies. I will brief u more whn u enrol in INTEC. I'm one of the student board committee
okay.. calming down now thanks yea.!

p.s : i know this is totally unrelated but i can't help but notice : you have a doggie avatar too!! *grins* ( but mine's cuter larr )
AnnieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
fird126 Male
Less Junior Member

#40 Old 23-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

hello. i was offered to do ADFP for actuarial science course. is that true that ADFP is not recognised by most of the Ivy Leagues? i'm aiming for Wharton Business School, UPenn.
fird126 is offline   Reply With Quote