ReCom.org
Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships Everything about scholarships provided by the Public Services Department of Malaysia

Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Helios_0509 Male
Super Junior Member

#521 Old 15-08-2010 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by harihdan View Post
anyone~~ especially ausmat22 kat intec shah alam now..
could u tell me the exact n real or anyhow the rumour date of our SEM1 break?? after sem 1 exam finish right?? but when??

tq, i need it in order to get my flight ticket to Sabah on the right date..
We can straight go back after class on 3rd of Sept......
Helios_0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
yunxuan Female
Super Junior Member

#522 Old 19-05-2011 Smile Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by intec_imu View Post
Hey guys, I'm sure u ppl r very excited n thrilled over the scholarship u've got.. Congratulations btw.. I am also a JPA scholar, currently at INTEC doin my A-levels and bound to IMU for medicine... If u hv any doubts or questions abt the imu twinning programme or even intec as a whole, feel free to ask me.. I'm willing to guide u cuz I was in ur shoes once and i remember being completely perplexed with my predicament.. Anyways, all the best to u guys in ur new venture.. Don forget to hv fun!!! To all those of u coming to INTEC, see u guys real soon...
I jus received d offer frm jpa. N i had looked through almost all of d comments u r d only 1 wit d same programme as mine. Wat actually is tis twining prog wit IMU? I heard it is difficult 2 get 2 overseas as it depends on our result in A lvl( wic require a v high marks in eng). Is it true? As wat u c my eng lvl is quite low as well... N can u tell me some about wher will I being send to in future n how d course go on? I mean how many yrs in M'sia n hw many yrs in overseas...n etc... I m reli a bit worry 4 my future. Is intec nice? Will d exams we take in A lvl to b v tough?? Thks in advance if u ans my ques
yunxuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Tysle Female
Super Junior Member

#523 Old 19-05-2011 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

@Yunxuan,

I'm another fellow student at INTEC going to do Med, twinning at IMU. If your offer says twinning, IMU and perubatan, then yes, welcome welcome, you are going to do the same programme as Intec_IMU and me.

Actually, the more part that's more difficult to get through is to get in to IMU. While JPA will provide the finances, getting in IMU is on your own effort. You will have to do well in your A-levels (straight As would be best) and pass the IMU interview. A-levels is not very easy but it's not impossible to score in it too. Expect to work hard if you want to score though. Don't be disheartened during your 1st sem if you don't do well in topic tests, it's a period of adjustment for you. You will be okay once you get used to the format.

Don't worry too much about English. IMU-bound students will need to take MUET and IELTS during their 3rd sem. We have preparatory classes for IELTS during the 2nd sem and general/intro english classes during our 1st sem so that will give you some time to brush up on your English.

For IMU twinning med, here's how it will be like.
You will first study at IMU for 2.5 years. After that, JPA will decide on the country to send you based on your results in IMU. It'll likely be UK or Australia as most partner unis are in these 2 countries. You can list which uni in the country that you want but whether you get in will depend on your results in IMU and the availability of seats in the partner unis. After that, you will study for another 2.5 or 3 years overseas depending on the uni you are in.

INTEC is a nice place. You will probably make close friends during your time here as we all stay in hostels. Haha, you might not like the attire ruling though but you'll get used to it. ;)

Last edited by Tysle; 19-05-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Tysle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tysle For This Useful Post:
Sashquatch Female
Super Junior Member

#524 Old 05-06-2012 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Wow the last time something was posted was last year. Okay. Well, if anyone's out there. How do i get in touch with Campus Alive? Read so much about it. Would love to join the cell group
Sashquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
whiteknight Male
Super Junior Member

#525 Old 06-06-2012 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashquatch View Post
Wow the last time something was posted was last year. Okay. Well, if anyone's out there. How do i get in touch with Campus Alive? Read so much about it. Would love to join the cell group
Hey Sashquatch,
Nice to see you. I'm like 2 years removed from INTEC, but I can still help you out on that. There's a blog maintained by the current committee, http://campusalive.wordpress.com/ but just from a glance on the contact us page, it's outdated. (Jien Lee's my senior, lol.) To connect directly with the group, there's a facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/campusalive/. Lastly, welcome to INTEC and CA!!!

Campus Alive.
whiteknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sashquatch Female
Super Junior Member

#526 Old 06-06-2012 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Gosh thank you. Alive,indeed. I really really appreciate that. Though I'm kinda nervous, being new and whatnot. Thank you again.
Sashquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
whiteknight Male
Super Junior Member

#527 Old 06-06-2012 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Sure thing, we'll continue at the 2012 thread, ok?

Campus Alive.
whiteknight is offline   Reply With Quote
lulusrahmawati Female
Super Junior Member

#528 Old 17-06-2013 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiric_guy_01 View Post
thanks..u really helped a lot

erm..correct me if i'm wrong but the LAPORAN PEMERIKSAAN KESIHATAN pg 33 is for private student only isn't it?
how did you get the borang maklumat pelajar baru and the borang pendaftaran pelajar baru ? i dont know how and where i could find it .

Last edited by lulusrahmawati; 17-06-2013 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
lulusrahmawati is offline   Reply With Quote
vampiric_guy_01 Male

#529 Old 20-06-2013 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulusrahmawati View Post
how did you get the borang maklumat pelajar baru and the borang pendaftaran pelajar baru ? i dont know how and where i could find it .
its kinda long ago..i kinda dont really remember what are those doc... what are they for??? and which inst. required them????

God made us with a reason and give us the best path... i'm here with a reason and so are you....
Be the best of yourself and live life
vampiric_guy_01 is offline   Reply With Quote