ReCom.org
Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships Everything about scholarships provided by the Public Services Department of Malaysia

Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

nickvl
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#61 Old 24-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieChan View Post
ooh... heard there's been some renovation going on in akasia..is it done yet?

and oh, sheen are u taking AUSMAT ?

*hugs bunny*
Yup it is...
nickvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sheen Female
Less Junior Member

#62 Old 24-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Quote:
ooh... heard there's been some renovation going on in akasia..is it done yet?

and oh, sheen are u taking AUSMAT ?

*hugs bunny*
Hey Annie! Nope, im not an AUSMATian, im taking ALM. But I've been living with AUSMATians for a year, because of a mistake by JPA---gave us AUSMAT in the offer letter, but turned out we were under A Level Medicine, haha!
But it's great experience living with those of other programs, got to know many friends through my house+roommates! =)
Super Junior Member

#63 Old 24-05-2010 Smile Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky View Post
i got same course, same country, same place.
pharmacy in nz under jpa in intec.
nice to meet u btw .
nie to meet u 2 pinky
khairul_izzat is offline   Reply With Quote
pinky Female
Less Junior Member

#64 Old 25-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvonne91 View Post
of course intec is nice. except for the fact that everyday u will pass one or two pak guard looking at you from top to toe..haha..but that doesnt affect anything.u can bring your car here. you can even drive to intec. of course, you cannot drive INTO intec or cendana. so it's under your own risk.food food food. as i know, there is only one mamak at cendana. while for intec, you will have ALM, AUSMAT as well as ADFP cafe. i don't want to criticize much, but just want to say that ALM cafe is the OK-iest cafe in INTEC. we are currently receiving rm 430 one month and you only have to pay at the beginning of each sem. other than that, your food..that's basically what you will have to pay for.so you are doing Ausmat?

how much should we pay for each sem? we have to pay with that rm430 per month money?
pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
AnnieChan Female

#65 Old 25-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickvl View Post
Yup it is...
thats good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheen View Post
Hey Annie! Nope, im not an AUSMATian, im taking ALM. But I've been living with AUSMATians for a year, because of a mistake by JPA---gave us AUSMAT in the offer letter, but turned out we were under A Level Medicine, haha!
But it's great experience living with those of other programs, got to know many friends through my house+roommates! =)
ohhh... so if i got Ausmat, not necessarily im studying it is it? aiyoh...
AnnieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
atyn92 Female
Super Junior Member

#66 Old 25-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

hye everyone..
im new here..
juz got the offer from jpa to further my study in nz for medic..
im completely confius right now...
is it really hard to get a place in the uni there?
and is it true that im not really in the medic stream yet after i finish in intec??

thanks in advanced by the way..=)
atyn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
AnnieChan Female

#67 Old 25-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by atyn92 View Post
hye everyone..
im new here..
juz got the offer from jpa to further my study in nz for medic..
im completely confius right now...
is it really hard to get a place in the uni there?
and is it true that im not really in the medic stream yet after i finish in intec??

thanks in advanced by the way..=)
hi atyn.. nice to meet you..!! you are by far the second person i come to know doing the same course as me
according to the seniors, there will be an interview and written exam or something because it is competitive to get in to the uni in NZ for medicine.. any queries, forward them to YPing.. he's the one who briefed me a lil
prawnie Female
Less Junior Member

#68 Old 25-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Quote:
ohhh... so if i got Ausmat, not necessarily im studying it is it? aiyoh...
you are MOST probably doing AUSMAT if you're bound to Australia or New Zealand. There was a mistake last year. The seniors (like Sheen) who were asked to do AUSMAT, but are doing ALM now, are to continue their degree in University of Nottingham - twinning with UK for Pharmacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky View Post
how much should we pay for each sem? we have to pay with that rm430 per month money?
you pay, either with your own money or with the allowance that you got from JPA, less than RM200 per semester (as per last semester) to Bendahari UiTM for YURAN LAIN-LAIN. there are some other fees - like electrical appliances sticker fees (RM10 per sticker per electrical appliances per semester).

if you want to subscribe akasia/cemara wifi, you pay RM20 for registration, and then RM100 per semester.

Last edited by prawnie; 25-05-2010 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
prawnie is offline   Reply With Quote
AnnieChan Female

#69 Old 25-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by prawnie View Post
you are MOST probably doing AUSMAT if you're bound to Australia or New Zealand. There was a mistake last year. The seniors (like Sheen) who were asked to do AUSMAT, but are doing ALM now, are to continue their degree in University of Nottingham - twinning with UK for Pharmacy.

oh.. okay thanks i take it you're a senior right?

you pay, either with your own money or with the allowance that you got from JPA, less than RM200 per semester (as per last semester) to Bendahari UiTM for YURAN LAIN-LAIN. there are some other fees - like electrical appliances sticker fees (RM10 per sticker per electrical appliances per semester).

if you want to subscribe akasia/cemara wifi, you pay RM20 for registration, and then RM100 per semester.
and be aware that jpa allowance is gonna come in late so.. bring your cash for your survival or just open up a bank account to make your life easier
chaiyeen Female
Less Junior Member

#70 Old 25-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Is there any specific bank appointed by JPA to bank in the allowance? Or any bank will do? I hope the offer letter will come soon, kinda eager to prepare for school again Months of rotting made me miss schooling, heheh!
chaiyeen is offline   Reply With Quote