ReCom.org
Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships Everything about scholarships provided by the Public Services Department of Malaysia

Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

freylifej Female
Less Junior Member

#81 Old 25-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Is the P1 connection stable in that area? Because the reputation of it is not really good.. hehe... Or should I just use Maxis broadband?? anyone can give me some good advice regarding this matter?? @.@
freylifej is offline   Reply With Quote
prawnie Female
Less Junior Member

#82 Old 25-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by freylifej View Post
Is the P1 connection stable in that area? Because the reputation of it is not really good.. hehe... Or should I just use Maxis broadband?? anyone can give me some good advice regarding this matter?? @.@
i've heard complaints about P1 connection from my friends. it isn't very stable. not sure about the rest.
prawnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Abraham Male
Super Junior Member

#83 Old 25-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieChan View Post
hi abraham * salutes abraham lincoln* haha..sorry couldnt resist

im guessing you're taking medicine too ? from what i heard, your programme is a short programme, meaning 3 months, if im not mistaken.. its to prepare you for your course in russia .its similar to a language program.you learn russian and other sub. for 3 months then fly off to russia to do your pre-med

p.s : i think i'm right if the seniors would care to clarify?
Haha, Annie Chan. I am an admirer of Abraham Lincoln. Found out about him when searching information about my name.

The course is 9 months as stated in my surat tawaran. Good to know you div1ne.

I read about the conditions of the place (Cendana) I will be staying and found it considerably good. What I worry about now is the course. I don't want to have a bad start and end horribly in Russia @.@

*Any seniors from the course who can help?*
Abraham is offline   Reply With Quote
lesto Male

#84 Old 25-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by atyn92 View Post
hye everyone..
im new here..
juz got the offer from jpa to further my study in nz for medic..
im completely confius right now...
is it really hard to get a place in the uni there?
and is it true that im not really in the medic stream yet after i finish in intec??

thanks in advanced by the way..=)
Hello there! I see no one has answered your questions so I'll try to help you out.

Well, I'll try my best to explain this. I would say it is rather hard to secure a place in NZ for your first year. I have a friend currently studying in Sunway under JPA doing Ausmat and Medic later in NZ, he mentioned that there are only 5 places available for them and there are 16 of them altogether. Oh ya, medic universities in NZ are Uni of Auckland and Uni of Otago.

I'm not sure bout Uni of Auckland tho, but in Otago, yes you are NOT a medic student YET in the first year, you'll be taking subjects related to health sciences and you'll combine with other health sciences students (eg. dentistry and pharmacy). And then they will again assess you to see whether you can continue on to your medical degree in the 2nd year onwards.

Don't worry too much tho. Just aim for the best. I hope this helps.

Quote:
Generally, students use P1 is because it can be shared, so it's cheaper. Like for Cendana guys, if you share it in your unit, you just pay about RM20 per month unlike other internet providers.

Well, I would say the service of P1 is getting relatively better but still it doesn't work when it rains (like Astro ). I guess you should just wait till you get into your hostel and rooms and discuss this with your housemates.

Last edited by lesto; 25-05-2010 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
lesto is offline   Reply With Quote
yvonne91 Female

#85 Old 25-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Quote:
i am staying in akasia now and am currently using P1 Wimax. It is ok for 4 of us and of course, it is much much cheaper compared to broadband. the only problem is when your roommate, or i would say, the ones who share the connection with you use PP Stream, you are dead. it would be so so so so slow. hihi, so find partners who do not use so much of internet...kakakakaka....
yvonne91 is offline   Reply With Quote
div1ne Male
Super Junior Member

#86 Old 25-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Haha, for some reasons, internet has becoming a necessity to the students. (for obvious reasons, lol)

Regarding the internet service that the college itself provided, how stable is it and how fast is the connection? Yeah, asking out of curiosity.

So, no irons, eh? Do the college provides 'iron sharing' or do we have to buy the irons ourselves? I mean, Im not that comfortable wearing 'un-iron-ed' shirts haha.
div1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
lesto Male

#87 Old 25-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by div1ne View Post
Haha, for some reasons, internet has becoming a necessity to the students. (for obvious reasons, lol)

Regarding the internet service that the college itself provided, how stable is it and how fast is the connection? Yeah, asking out of curiosity.

So, no irons, eh? Do the college provides 'iron sharing' or do we have to buy the irons ourselves? I mean, Im not that comfortable wearing 'un-iron-ed' shirts haha.
You mean in INTEC or Cendana? If Cendana, there's no internet service provided by the college. You have to subscribe to your own internet service provider (P1, Maxis, Celcom...) Wifi connection in INTEC is decent, not THAT fast tho, fast enough for you to do your assignments and stuff. Do note that all social network sites, youtube, etc. are blocked.

No, the hostels do not have such 'iron sharing' facilities. If you really need to iron your clothes, then yes, you have to buy one, maybe share it with your housemates. Another option would be to send your clothes to the nearby kedai dobi. The charges are rather reasonable and I know many guys send their clothes there every week to wash and iron.

Last edited by lesto; 25-05-2010 at 09:41 PM.
lesto is offline   Reply With Quote
AnnieChan Female

#88 Old 25-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

or the easiest solution.. bring clothes that doesnt need to be ironed XP
AnnieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
shin14 Female
Super Junior Member

#89 Old 26-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

hi guys. I got the twinning programme PMC and I am going to take A-level in INTEC. Anyone same as me?

I have a few questions.
1.Normally A level takes about 1.5 years, but why mine takes 2 years?
2.Is it necessary for me to buy a laptop?

Thanks.
shin14 is offline   Reply With Quote
runninghorse

#90 Old 26-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by shin14 View Post
hi guys. I got the twinning programme PMC and I am going to take A-level in INTEC. Anyone same as me?

I have a few questions.
1.Normally A level takes about 1.5 years, but why mine takes 2 years?
2.Is it necessary for me to buy a laptop?

Thanks.
1. this is because the a-level in INTEC is from the edexcel board, not cambridge a-level.

2. i would say it is not necessary, especially for a-level. Somemore the number of computers in library is more than enough for all the students
runninghorse is offline   Reply With Quote