ReCom.org
Rules, News and Info Kiosk Get the latest news and updates here.

Improving ReCom

vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#1 Old 03-08-2010 Default Improving ReCom

ReCom is current undergoing changes!

Right now, we are trying to identify areas in ReCom that we should expand on in order to reach new heights. So, we want your ideas on the direction and how ReCom should grow. Yes, you read it right, we need your ideas!

So, what do you have in mind? Special titles for major ReCom Wiki contributors? The return of the chat box? Better looking front page? Revival of ReMag in various forms?

So what are you waiting for? Fire it all out, we want to know!

Every idea posted here will be given consideration by the ReCom Team. Accepted ideas will be refined, and the results will be posted some time later in this thread.

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!

Last edited by vseehua; 03-08-2010 at 05:28 PM.
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote
littlewheatgrass Female

#2 Old 03-08-2010 Default Re: Improving ReCom

i hv a suggestion. I would like to rope in a few of my uncle and friends' parent who are working as a professional such as quantity surveyor working in Contract Procurement Dept in an international oil company, another is a marine insurance investigator working in S'pore to participate as a career guidance advisors in our recom.org.

Purpose is to give us insights of what their jobs responsibilities are, so that students who wishes to take up these courses can hv more in depth understanding of their career options.
littlewheatgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to littlewheatgrass For This Useful Post:
Nicholasng925 Male
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#3 Old 03-08-2010 Default Re: Improving ReCom

The return of the chat box!

1. Out of clutter, find simplicity.
2. From discord, find harmony.
3. In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity.
=[{Albert Einstein}]=

Feel free to visit my blog here!!!
Nicholasng925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Boyz_Zoo Male
Lord of Spams 2009
Wiki Contributor

#4 Old 03-08-2010 Default Re: Improving ReCom

all d mods have 2 be active spammers, so that thr is a link btw them n d others. hehe
The Student
Administrator

#5 Old 03-08-2010 Default Re: Improving ReCom

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewheatgrass View Post
i hv a suggestion. I would like to rope in a few of my uncle and friends' parent who are working as a professional such as quantity surveyor working in Contract Procurement Dept in an international oil company, another is a marine insurance investigator working in S'pore to participate as a career guidance advisors in our recom.org.

Purpose is to give us insights of what their jobs responsibilities are, so that students who wishes to take up these courses can hv more in depth understanding of their career options.
Great idea there! I believe a lot of students want to know how their dream job will feel like in real life. And this will definitely help them to decide whether to pursue the course, or not, in the end =) *slots into the proposed masterplan*

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
Glassylicious Female
The Iron Fist
Chief Editor of ReMag
Administrator

#6 Old 03-08-2010 Default Re: Improving ReCom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholasng925 View Post
The return of the chat box!
Surely you haven't forgotten the reason why we took it down in the first place. It kept bringing the entire site down. Recom was out of commission for days.

Friend: "I've discovered something that's even better than sitting on a chair and spinning on it -- sitting on a chair BACKWARDS and spinning on it!" *spins around in glee*

Compliment yourself today!
Glassylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Glassylicious For This Useful Post:
Boyz_Zoo Male
Lord of Spams 2009
Wiki Contributor

#7 Old 03-08-2010 Default Re: Improving ReCom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassylicious View Post
Surely you haven't forgotten the reason why we took it down in the first place. It kept bringing the entire site down. Recom was out of commission for days.
but d chatbox has been thr for a long time. It's only recently tat there is some prob. So, if this technical glitch is fixed, thn d chatbox can come back, no?
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#8 Old 03-08-2010 Default Re: Improving ReCom

I think that some sort of formal representatives from Colleges and Universities would be great too.

youngyew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to youngyew For This Useful Post:
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#9 Old 03-08-2010 Default Re: Improving ReCom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyz_Zoo View Post
but d chatbox has been thr for a long time. It's only recently tat there is some prob. So, if this technical glitch is fixed, thn d chatbox can come back, no?
The software used to implement the chatbox has developed some sort of bug that we couldn't figure out until now. Since we don't have much resources on our hands, we couldn't fix it until now.

capablanca Male
Laziest
Forum Moderator

#10 Old 03-08-2010 Default Re: Improving ReCom

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewheatgrass View Post

What do you have as a vision? Are they going to be members here and answer questions like the rest of the forum members, or are they going to provide a Q&A type information somewhere in the forum?