ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Headquarters > Questions/ Comments/ Complaints

Questions/ Comments/ Complaints Post your SITE-related questions and comments here.
(For education, scholarships etc, please post your question in the respective sub-forums)

ReCom is dead everytime after everyone got their scholarship.

vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#41 Old 10-03-2011 Default Re: ReCom is dead everytime after everyone got their scholarship.

There is no right and wrong here in ReCom. Do remember that all of us were at one point in life a newbie as well, and that we all learn from our mistakes. So don't worry about being right, or wrong, or whatever, just be yourself, and post away!

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vseehua For This Useful Post:
Dman90 Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#42 Old 10-03-2011 Default Re: ReCom is dead everytime after everyone got their scholarship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanno_yamster View Post
I would like to be the next person in the accountancy field to destroy the stereotype that accountants are boring people who deal with nothing more than crunching numbers.
Yanno, am with you 100%!

Yup me too, I'm new here and at first glance I actually thought that the main discussion threads here were about scholarships. I checked out the other forums ("Activities Hub") for sports, music, cooking, etc. but they are rarely updated.

Dman90 is offline   Reply With Quote
CelineD Female
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#43 Old 10-03-2011 Default Re: ReCom is dead everytime after everyone got their scholarship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman90 View Post
Yup me too, I'm new here and at first glance I actually thought that the main discussion threads here were about scholarships. I checked out the other forums ("Activities Hub") for sports, music, cooking, etc. but they are rarely updated.
Hmm...then, can we do something about it? xD

Here's my blog/writing wonderland: Deb's Ink Trail

nice to meet you :D
Twitter
CelineD is offline   Reply With Quote
yanno_yamster Female
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#44 Old 11-03-2011 Default Re: ReCom is dead everytime after everyone got their scholarship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman90 View Post
Yanno, am with you 100%!

Haha... high five!

There are lots of topics here, but not many are active.

May you be well and happy!!! :)
yanno_yamster is offline   Reply With Quote
bush26
Super Junior Member

#45 Old 11-03-2011 Default Re: ReCom is dead everytime after everyone got their scholarship.

time to time, we as ex-recommers should visit the site though i did not get my Shell scholarship from recom but still i would love to go in contact with juniors =)
bush26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alexis Ma
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#46 Old 12-03-2011 Default Re: ReCom is dead everytime after everyone got their scholarship.

Every now and then, you'll get a query from someone else: How did you get your scholarship?, etc etc. Checking into ReCom after you get your scholarship is not a bad idea.

I have to note that any such knowledge is antiquated after 2 years, though.
Super Junior Member

#47 Old 12-03-2011 Default Re: ReCom is dead everytime after everyone got their scholarship.

to all seniors in recom:
first of all i want to express my gratitude to you all for your efforts to develop this fantastic website which share lots of information about education in m'sia.i must say before i discovered this website and joined it i was clueless about the path i should take after spm but thanks to the commitment and the willingness of you all to share your experience and information on the threads i have comprehended the education system after spm.
Allow me to share my thought on this website.i think the reasons of 'dead' recom are
1)people are busy with their studies after the scholarship period.
2)think that recom is only for education and don't aware that this website has actually set up many interesting forums at activities hub.
3)lack of publicity among malaysian students?(i still cannot believe that majority of my schoolmates know nothing about the exist of recom.)
4)people are more interested in social sites like facebook and computer games
5)afraid to comment or ask questions(this is a personal problem though)

The solutions:
1)create events like 'topic of the week' and etc which discuss about the hottest issues
2)organise activities and competitions like quiz,creating slideshow,online chess and etc(people like to show their product and ability,you know)
3)set up a forum or platform which allow people to express their imagination and creativity like 'if you can make a movie how will be your storyline'(perhaps recom can discover a movie talent here?)
4)create a page at facebook so that members will be aware of the updates in recom and also get some new members there?(sorry if there is already one.)

The above sentences are my personal opinions and i hope these can help to avoid this website to become 'dead' after the scholarship period.
esy is offline   Reply With Quote
Turkey
Less Junior Member

#48 Old 12-03-2011 Default Re: ReCom is dead everytime after everyone got their scholarship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeashroe View Post
My very honest opinion.

First time knowing the forum I feel kinda scared. Sure, Recom serves as the number 1 scholarship information source, with heaps of help regarding interview experience etc. But as I browse through Recom, there is so much more than that. I actually enjoy reading non-academic related posts.

Why scared? Personally because I feel..that most senior Recomers know everything and for my know-nothing self to have an opinion - the fear of sounding so stupid is always there.

Maybe this is just a personal issue of not having enough confidence, but it's the ambiance that Recom has. While Recomers are extremely very very nice and helpful, some like me might find it uncomfortable to speak up.

I guess probably because most Recomers are very educated people, which is very inspiring and I really really think it boosts me to work harder. But, some of us can't help but to think "I'm not them, not even close" thus, don't really bother to approach.
wow, that's exactly how i felt...and still feeling now...
i'm worried that sometimes my post will offend anyone...
but after reading seniors' comments that encourage us to speak up, i think i will try harder, as this can boost our self-confidence too! Thanks for the encouragement!

Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
CelineD Female
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#49 Old 12-03-2011 Default Re: ReCom is dead everytime after everyone got their scholarship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esy View Post
Allow me to share my thought on this website.i think the reasons of 'dead' recom are
2)think that recom is only for education and don't aware that this website has actually set up many interesting forums at activities hub.
3)lack of publicity among malaysian students?(i still cannot believe that majority of my schoolmates know nothing about the exist of recom.)
5)afraid to comment or ask questions(this is a personal problem though)
The majority of my schoolmates don't know that Recom exists, either.

Reason#2 is actually quite understandable...I mean, look at the portal page, mostly scholarship info only. If only people would browse just a little further

Bravo to you for daring it to share your opinion.

And PS, there is a FB page for Recom. Search for Recom- The Worldwide Malaysian Students Network on FB. However, all the fun and activities happen here...the FB page is more for getting to know Recomer's real life personas

Here's my blog/writing wonderland: Deb's Ink Trail

nice to meet you :D
Twitter
CelineD is offline   Reply With Quote
Boyz_Zoo Male
Lord of Spams 2009
Wiki Contributor

#50 Old 12-03-2011 Default Re: ReCom is dead everytime after everyone got their scholarship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelineD View Post
The majority of my schoolmates don't know that Recom exists, either.

Reason#2 is actually quite understandable...I mean, look at the portal page, mostly scholarship info only. If only people would browse just a little further

Bravo to you for daring it to share your opinion.

And PS, there is a FB page for Recom. Search for Recom- The Worldwide Malaysian Students Network on FB. However, all the fun and activities happen here...the FB page is more for getting to know Recomer's real life personas
well, v hv 2 try making House of Spammers and d Discussion threads more active. That way, ppl will figure out tat this site is more thn a scholarship site.
Feel free 2 giv any suggestion 2 do so.