ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Headquarters > Questions/ Comments/ Complaints

Questions/ Comments/ Complaints Post your SITE-related questions and comments here.
(For education, scholarships etc, please post your question in the respective sub-forums)

ReCom is dead everytime after everyone got their scholarship.

Dman90 Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#51 Old 12-03-2011 Default Re: ReCom is dead everytime after everyone got their scholarship.

Maybe the Activities Hub could be moved to the ReCom homepage? This way, people interested in activities other than scholarships wouldn't need to dig through everything to find them.

Dman90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alexis Ma
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#52 Old 13-03-2011 Default Re: ReCom is dead everytime after everyone got their scholarship.

Perhaps we could put out a self-deprecating message out on the FRONT of ReCom, and encourage visitors to be less intimidated by the seniors, and speak their minds.
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#53 Old 13-03-2011 Default Re: ReCom is dead everytime after everyone got their scholarship.

Haha, self-deprecating message?

Hmmmm... you've certainly got my attention. Any ideas?
Less Junior Member

#54 Old 14-03-2011 Default Re: ReCom is dead everytime after everyone got their scholarship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis Ma View Post
Perhaps we could put out a self-deprecating message out on the FRONT of ReCom, and encourage visitors to be less intimidated by the seniors, and speak their minds.
Then you'll need to change the seniors' behaviour (some, not all). And I think this is true when it comes to discussing political issues: we can't just stop accusing the others to be stupid, naive, etc if they don't agree with us. If we could keep our emotions in check, I believe it could encourage people to post their thoughts more.

Photography is all the rage right now, can the mods make a gallery for the Recommers to post their photos? You could separate 'em into categories, you know like nature, architecture, tech, etc. Or a Review section, where members can post reviews on things ranging from handphones to places, hotels.

Off topic: How hard is it to get Immortal King Soul Cage in D2:LoD? Or maybe Tyrael's Might? Been playing for hours and didn't get anything >
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor
ReMag Writer

#55 Old 14-03-2011 Default Re: ReCom is dead everytime after everyone got their scholarship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutral_pH View Post
Then you'll need to change the seniors' behaviour (some, not all). And I think this is true when it comes to discussing political issues: we can't just stop accusing the others to be stupid, naive, etc if they don't agree with us. If we could keep our emotions in check, I believe it could encourage people to post their thoughts more.
That is...... an almost impossible request to make of people. Toying with emotions is a debate strategy. Not ideal but it happens.

Nobody will ever win the Battle of the Sexes. There's just too much fraternizing with the enemy.
~Henry Kissinger

(looking for people to parler franšais! PM me!)
ayjiahui is offline   Reply With Quote
george1209 Male
Less Junior Member

#56 Old 14-03-2011 Default Re: ReCom is dead everytime after everyone got their scholarship.

yup..agree.. but i think after they had got their scholarship, they are busy with their study .. O.O.
george1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
CelineD Female
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#57 Old 14-03-2011 Default Re: ReCom is dead everytime after everyone got their scholarship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by george1209 View Post
yup..agree.. but i think after they had got their scholarship, they are busy with their study .. O.O.
Or busy preparing for their studies, to be exact, I think.

Hmm I wonder, is there any way we can promote Recom in schools (like how they promote afterschool.my and other similar sites)? Any ideas?

Here's my blog/writing wonderland: Deb's Ink Trail

nice to meet you :D
Twitter
CelineD is offline   Reply With Quote
weixiang Male

#58 Old 14-03-2011 Default Re: ReCom is dead everytime after everyone got their scholarship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by george1209 View Post
Or after they got their scholarship, they think that it is of no use to help others back?

Keep yourself updated with latest news here.
weixiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Dman90 Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#59 Old 16-03-2011 Default Re: ReCom is dead everytime after everyone got their scholarship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelineD View Post
Hmm I wonder, is there any way we can promote Recom in schools (like how they promote afterschool.my and other similar sites)? Any ideas?
I think that if Recom was ever to be promoted in high schools, students would just be drawn to it for the scholarship info and stuff of that nature. Particularly if they log onto the main page, only to be bombarded with rows scholarship threads.

Perhaps a 'Rebranding' is in the offing?

Dman90 is offline   Reply With Quote
leeashroe Female
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#60 Old 16-03-2011 Default Re: ReCom is dead everytime after everyone got their scholarship.

Hmmm..this just came to me yesterday..

Why not we make ReCom other than a scholarship info forum, and et cetera things like a hub for discussing hobbies, debate and etc, we add features to something similar to College Confidential. A forum with M'sia's college/university/tertiary education database. I don't know any forum like that in Malaysia (or if it exists, can someone share the link with me?)

We have our own IPTA and IPTS, these are gems too. If we have a database of our colleges, universities, pusat latihan teknikal, vokasional etc - maybe we can attract more visitors, other than students who are interested in scholarships and studying overseas. Although one can easily go to the college webpage to know informations like the courses offered, facilities etc, it's kinda hard to jump from one site to another, not to mention extremely time-consuming.

I am not sure how this idea is to be executed though...Because most of us have our daily job/studies and I don't think anyone is 100% committed (time-wise) to this forum - I believe such job requires a lot of time, effort and attention.

Anyways, I really hope we have our own one-stop place for college informations and everything about getting into our IPTA/IPTS. ReCom serves very well as a guide for students who plans to study overseas (great job guys!) and I believe we can do the same thing with studying locally
leeashroe is offline   Reply With Quote