ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Headquarters > Rules, News and Info Kiosk

Rules, News and Info Kiosk Get the latest news and updates here.

ReMag Writer Applications are now closed!

Closed Thread

Glassylicious Female
The Iron Fist
Chief Editor of ReMag
Administrator

#1 Old 13-11-2010 Default ReMag Writer Applications are now closed!

Dear all,

I am pleased to announce that applications for the ReMag Writer position are now open. I do not have a fixed number of positions to fill, but I am hoping to recruit around three to four writers.

ReMag is an up and coming online magazine run by students, for students. For now we plan to cater to the student readership, though that may change as time goes by. We publish articles on a wide variety of topics -- politics, society, education and even music. There is also plenty of room for creative fiction; short stories and poems are welcome and quite a few have been published in previous editions.

Primary responsibility:
To produce one [or more, if you wish] article every month.
This is an essential task to your position; the main question you should be asking yourself is whether you are able to commit to writing an article per month.

I've had writers who signed up and then go AWOL and unreachable after the first issue. Please note that if you sign up for this job, make sure you actually stick around.

Secondary responsibilities:
Not as important as the primary one, but it would be great if you could contribute to the discussions on the ReMag staff board every now and then.

Perks:
- Access to a hidden staff board on ReCom, special-coloured username on ReCom forums
- Great CV-worthy experience
- Get your opinions voiced
- Work in a fun, closely-knit team of fellow writers
- Improve your writing skills as you write more

Unfortunately we are unable to pay our staff at the moment, so financial compensation is not on the blueprints for the foreseeable future, until ReCom/ReMag starts generating revenue.

Interested?
There will be a selection process this time around. If you are interested in applying, please e-mail or PM a short piece of writing [anywhere from 400 to 800 words] to me. It can be about any topic -- politics, the economy, the right to abortion, anything; the key purpose here is really for me to assess your writing skills and your creativity.

If you're stuck on writer's block and completely blank on what to write about, however, feel free to choose from one of these topics/questions:
1. The weather
2. "A bird in one hand is worth two in the bush." Discuss.
3. Why?
4. A glass of water

Good luck! Again, please e-mail or PM all entries to me. Applications will close on the 20th of November, though extensions of the deadline may be requested. Successful candidates will be notified by the 30th of November.

Cheers,
Glassy.
Chief Editor of ReMag.

Friend: "I've discovered something that's even better than sitting on a chair and spinning on it -- sitting on a chair BACKWARDS and spinning on it!" *spins around in glee*

Compliment yourself today!

Last edited by Glassylicious; 16-11-2010 at 02:43 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Glassylicious For This Useful Post:
Glassylicious Female
The Iron Fist
Chief Editor of ReMag
Administrator

#2 Old 15-11-2010 Default Re: ReMag Writer Applications are NOW OPEN!

Bumping for publicity.

Friend: "I've discovered something that's even better than sitting on a chair and spinning on it -- sitting on a chair BACKWARDS and spinning on it!" *spins around in glee*

odie21spore Male
Super Junior Member

#3 Old 16-11-2010 Default Re: ReMag Writer Applications are NOW OPEN!

I would be very glad if I can be part of your team.
I would like to apply for a writer, if you are still looking for it will you please let me know.
Just PM me if I'm qualified for the job.

Last edited by odie21spore; 26-11-2010 at 12:19 PM.
henry_yew Male
The Iron Boot
ReMag Writer
Forum Moderator

#4 Old 16-11-2010 Default Re: ReMag Writer Applications are NOW OPEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassylicious View Post
Interested?
There will be a selection process this time around. If you are interested in applying, please e-mail or PM a short piece of writing [anywhere from 400 to 800 words] to me. It can be about any topic -- politics, the economy, the right to abortion, anything; the key purpose here is really for me to assess your writing skills and your creativity.

If you're stuck on writer's block and completely blank on what to write about, however, feel free to choose from one of these topics/questions:
1. The weather
2. "A bird in one hand is worth two in the bush." Discuss.
3. Why?
4. A glass of water

Good luck! Again, please e-mail or PM all entries to me. Applications will close on the 20th of November, though extensions of the deadline may be requested. Successful candidates will be notified by the 30th of November.

Cheers,
Glassy.
Chief Editor of ReMag.
Then you'll need to do the above.
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#5 Old 17-11-2010 Default Re: ReMag Writer Applications are NOW OPEN!

Glasseh, just remind us, is it acceptable for us non-ReMag writers to send in the occasional article?

I have an article on hamster nail care and another on the dynamics between religion and society from a sociological and philosophical point of view.
The Iron Fist
Chief Editor of ReMag
Administrator

#6 Old 17-11-2010 Default Re: ReMag Writer Applications are NOW OPEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis Ma View Post
Glasseh, just remind us, is it acceptable for us non-ReMag writers to send in the occasional article?

I have an article on hamster nail care and another on the dynamics between religion and society from a sociological and philosophical point of view.
Yes, guest writers are always welcome. =) Just e-mail any articles to me.

sleevelesssky Male
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor
ReMag Writer

#7 Old 17-11-2010 Default Re: ReMag Writer Applications are NOW OPEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis Ma View Post

Looking forward to read articles written by a bright young mind like you. (as if I am that old) ^_^ Why not join us though?

Last edited by sleevelesssky; 17-11-2010 at 09:22 AM.
cycycy Female
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#8 Old 17-11-2010 Default Re: ReMag Writer Applications are NOW OPEN!

Bump bump : ) )
Emily Dickinson~

* Blog * Facebook *
Once an Ausmatian, forever an Ausmatian. Ausmatians for life! (:

Glassylicious Female
The Iron Fist
Chief Editor of ReMag
Administrator

#9 Old 19-11-2010 Default Re: ReMag Writer Applications are NOW OPEN!

Bump. Wouldn't mind extending the deadline for a few days if there are requests for it.

henry_yew Male
The Iron Boot
ReMag Writer
Forum Moderator

#10 Old 19-11-2010 Default Re: ReMag Writer Applications are NOW OPEN!

You need a judge, Glassy? I can be one!