ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Debates

Debates Nothing senseless here. Argue your points and stands here.

Nuclear Energy Plant In Malaysia.

View Poll Results: Should Malaysia have Nuclear Power Plants??
Yes 9 34.62%
No 17 65.38%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

KenT13
Slightly Senior Member

#41 Old 31-03-2011 Default Re: Nuclear Energy Plant In Malaysia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey View Post
To me, I support the building of nuclear energy plant. BUT, the government MUST be EXTREMELY careful when building and maintaining it. No corruption should be allowed.

Although it's the safest and greenest way, but it'll bring more harm than our current ways of generating electricity, if not built according to specifications.

Still, I support it because it'll not only help to conserve the environment, but it also provides many job opportunities to our people. This can help to boost our country's development.
Well said, so you think Malaysia will be EXTREMELY careful?

#42 Old 31-03-2011 Default Re: Nuclear Energy Plant In Malaysia.

come on guys think deeply ,

do you think the government don't know 'how powerful nuclear technology is and the risk and involve in operating nuclear plant?

do you think the government don't know the scale and risk involved in executing this project?

do you they would cut cost ,and allow corruption, to get its hand in this issue?

the amount of people's life, infrastructural damage, effect on damage and the cost just to repair back the plant if the anything unwanted happen in the nuclear plant .

Think Again.
________
BEST VAPORIZER UNDER $300

Last edited by sugan; 14-09-2011 at 05:02 PM.
sugan is offline   Reply With Quote
yanno_yamster Female
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#43 Old 31-03-2011 Default Re: Nuclear Energy Plant In Malaysia.

Yeah, I agree. Since the magnitude of the risks is very high, if anything were to go wrong due to the infrastructure being poorly built BN will have a very hard time regaining public trust. But then again, when it comes to continuous maintenance they might just end up slacking after some time...

May you be well and happy!!! :)

Last edited by yanno_yamster; 31-03-2011 at 09:45 PM.
yanno_yamster is offline   Reply With Quote
KenT13
Slightly Senior Member

#44 Old 31-03-2011 Default Re: Nuclear Energy Plant In Malaysia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugan View Post

do you think the government don't know 'how powerful nuclear technology is and the risk and involve in operating nuclear plant?

do you think the government don't know the scale and risk involved in executing this project?

do you they would cut cost ,and allow corruption, to get its hand in this issue?

the amount of people's life, infrastructural damage, effect on damage and the cost just to repair back the plant if the anything unwanted happen in the nuclear plant .

Think Again.
I know, but! no matter how careful and strictful they can be. there's always flaw.
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#45 Old 31-03-2011 Default Re: Nuclear Energy Plant In Malaysia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenT13 View Post
I know, but! no matter how careful and strictful they can be. there's always flaw.
Doesn't that apply to all nuclear plants regardless of who operates them?

May you be well and happy!!! :)
yanno_yamster is offline   Reply With Quote
KenT13
Slightly Senior Member

#46 Old 31-03-2011 Default Re: Nuclear Energy Plant In Malaysia.

Chances are, we have more flaw

#47 Old 31-03-2011 Default Re: Nuclear Energy Plant In Malaysia.

Quote:
come on that is prejudice.( no offense)
________
CHILDREN ZOLOFT

Last edited by sugan; 14-09-2011 at 05:02 PM.
sugan is offline   Reply With Quote
surayahamdan Female

#48 Old 31-03-2011 Default Re: Nuclear Energy Plant In Malaysia.

Quote:
Valid point there.

Once I talked with someone involved in nuclear and alternative power research for Malaysia and she said:

"Until Proton can manage to make their door lock buttons break on every God damn car i bought from them, we're not ready for nuclear."

Nuclear power is imminent, but for Malaysia in its current political climate and various flaws in the govt sector, we're likely not ever going to see it in our lifetime if things just continue that way.

Remember 1990? That was 20 years ago. Time sure flies, and 2020 sounds more and more like a bad joke every time I hear it nowadays.
Slightly Senior Member

#49 Old 31-03-2011 Default Re: Nuclear Energy Plant In Malaysia.

Fresh From The Oven
Check this Out.
Slightly Senior Member

#50 Old 01-04-2011 Default Re: Nuclear Energy Plant In Malaysia.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/09/bu...ewanted=1&_r=1

Quote:
"As many as 2,500 construction workers will soon be racing to finish the world?s largest refinery for so-called rare earth metals ? the first rare earth ore processing plant to be built outside China in nearly three decades.

For Malaysia and the world?s most advanced technology companies, the plant is a gamble that the processing can be done safely enough to make the local environmental risks worth the promised global rewards."

"Even now, though, countries with their own rare earth ore deposits are not always eager to play host to the refineries that process them."

"All of this helps explain why a giant Australian mining company, Lynas, is hurrying to finish a $230 million rare earth refinery here, on the northern outskirts of Malaysia?s industrial port of Kuantan."
It's a huge gamble and the people's health is at stake. It goes to show that our country's leaders are willing to gamble the people's health for the sake of prosperity. I am uncomfortable having such leadership motto in my country. Personally, I would rather we not achieve the first world status than having to gamble away the lives of human beings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugan View Post

Think Again.
Think again. That actually sounded like what our government might do.

I'm curious... how many certified nuclear engineers do we have in Malaysia to speak the percentages?

Last edited by Seiryu; 01-04-2011 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Seiryu is offline   Reply With Quote