ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Debates

Debates Nothing senseless here. Argue your points and stands here.

Dengue awareness

CelineD Female
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#1 Old 19-03-2011 Default Dengue awareness

This is personal but I think that it's very important to raise awareness on this issue even here in Recom:

Early today morning, a classmate and friend of mine passed away due to 'denggi berdarah.' After getting the virus, she was in a coma for the past 2 months, and her condition was always serious.

Mosquitoes KILL. Dear Recommers, please take it seriously to maintain a clean compound around your house, or else even healthy, fit people (like my friend before this) can become victims of this menace.

Now, the questions for you: how often do you clean out your house? And how much do you know about dengue, its symptoms, how to seek treatment, etc.?

Here's a quick fact sheet that I'd found to start.

~Sincerely, CelineD

Here's my blog/writing wonderland: Deb's Ink Trail

nice to meet you :D
Twitter
CelineD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CelineD For This Useful Post:
Athersin

#2 Old 19-03-2011 Default Re: Dengue awareness

Nice sharing, i also have a friend who was just diagnosed with dengue few weeks ago.
He had been hospitalized and given an MC for the the past 3 weeks, luckily his condition get better and doctor allowed him to continue his study.
Very recently when i talked to him, He happens to be quite worried that his dengue condition would recur, is that possible so? he has got a slight fever since last 2 days.
Slightly Senior Member

#3 Old 19-03-2011 Default Re: Dengue awareness

i'm so sorry celineD. . . even my family have dengue cases before. thankfully, no life is lost
KenT13 is offline   Reply With Quote