ReCom.org
Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships Everything about scholarships provided by the Public Services Department of Malaysia

JPA Korean Engineering 2011

donn_m Male
Super Junior Member

#41 Old 13-04-2011 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfire9388 View Post
ok so basically I forgot 2 certified sets of parents ic (luckily i managed to go to school and get them certified).

I walked into the interview centre at 10.30am, register, sat down, chat until it was time.
The whole time I was blur and extremely not nervous (not a good sign... potentially can daydream...)
I was interviewed with 4 other students (3 malay girls, and another chinese boy).
Most of us gave simple introductions ( had to do it in BM... hated it! XD) except the chinese guy who described his cocurriculum achievements.(i think they were kinda bored cuz they kept leafing through the papers in front of them). I was shot (non stop) by the representative from JPA (a malay female) when I tried to answer why I picked Korea instead of studying within Malaysia. Totally no chance to reply until she finally stopped at what are the areas of Electronic engineering (sadly I cant shoot her back... cuz I had tried to find info on that but mostly is general information). Really pissed (but kept smiling). The chinese guy (German Engineering) was not shot =.=!!! (No Fair!) By the way, the malay girls were taking Science (2) and Sastera (1) locally.

Anyways, we were given a discussion and was to discuss it in a group. Title: What do you understand about creativity and innovation. How can it help us in our life?
I replied something about Iphones and how the design and the user interface (owh.. now I remember what I was searching for.. interface >.<) makes users want to buy it (kinda out topic.. >.<)

and that was it.. we ask when was the interview results out, they said 29th April.
And that was it... the chinese guy talked a lot though (I think that was why they gave us a one minute time limit to make a conclusion....

I think I died already... what is electronic engineering for >.< still wondering about the question..

Btw... before they asked questions I noticed them looking at a piece of paper covered with stuff >.<!! bet all of those are questions..

I wan go korea T^T... they have just killed my chance =.=!!!!
OMG! am soo anxious upon reading ur review on ur recent interview.. thanks for sharing it btw.. i am having mine tomorrow.. didn't u guys have ur discussion goin?? did u tell them that u want to take electronic engineering or they just randomly pick that field of engineering and shot u?? hehe well am sure u've done ur best, at least it is over now for u..
donn_m is offline   Reply With Quote
starfire9388 Female
Super Junior Member

#42 Old 13-04-2011 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by donn_m View Post
OMG! am soo anxious upon reading ur review on ur recent interview.. thanks for sharing it btw.. i am having mine tomorrow.. didn't u guys have ur discussion goin?? did u tell them that u want to take electronic engineering or they just randomly pick that field of engineering and shot u?? hehe well am sure u've done ur best, at least it is over now for u..
goodluck... hopeless edy... kena shoot dengan that woman... they ask me wad engineering I wanted so I said electronic.. siap kena shoot... cursing non stop after that....
starfire9388 is offline   Reply With Quote
iAdoreNaz Male

#43 Old 13-04-2011 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

poor u star.. i bet it'll be fine..
now, i started to have butterfly already..
seems like the topics given are superly very hard man.. aiyo ;( ~
iAdoreNaz is offline   Reply With Quote
vampiric_guy_01 Male

#44 Old 13-04-2011 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

for those who haven't gone to the interview (female) be sure about ur attire for those who going to wear skirt (the formal type) .... make sure its at appropriate length .... you are interviewed for scholarship not for secretary post from what i observed today and yesterday at my college as there's interview held

God made us with a reason and give us the best path... i'm here with a reason and so are you....
Be the best of yourself and live life
vampiric_guy_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
kumiko_teah Female
Less Junior Member

#45 Old 13-04-2011 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

let me share mine. my session was at 2.05 pm and i arrived at 1pm.. haha. earlier rite? so i was sitting, and looked around. OMG, so many chinese. i'm a malay girl btw. then 1.35 sumthing they called my panel, (panel 3) to register. after register we went to our interview room (actually waitng in front of it) we are really awkward n just at each other then we burst into laugh. LOL. then we chatted for a while. there 2 boys n 2 girls.apparently one members was not there so there's 4 of us. i'm the only malay there n taking korean engineering. 1 indian boy n another chinese boy taking german engineering and another chinese girl take law.

When we entered the room, the interviewers are all malay. they r consist of engineer n lecturer. >.< we were asked to introduce ourselves. since they r talking in bm so we intro ourselves in bm except 4 one the other girl which asked permission to talk in english. Then we were asked to explain about our applied course to test how far our knowledge is. well mine was okey. not too long n not too short.one of them asked me why i chose to take diploma when i can take bachelor instead. isn't it better n i could graduate earlier. so i answered that i could gain more experienced n even i take long road, i could be better than who graduated earlier than me. they also asked me why korea. so i just said bcoz i want 2 learn their culture n i just like their culture. how they r hardworking. the interviewers just nodded their head n didn't ask me further question about that,. they seemed didnt know much about korea. i'm a bit dissapointed actually coz i expect a more shooting or difficult question. >.< the others did well though.

for current issued we were asked about how could we promote malaysia in other country. we talked about 1 malaysia, food, places, clothes. we cooperate well. even we laughed often. seriously. the interviewers wanted to end the session actually until i dont know how suddenly we talked about gov action on 'hari tanpa beg plastik'. we talked pretty long. we got overtime though. one remark from the interview that made us happy is 'it's a very lively session'. we shook their hand, (me to the woman only) bid goodbye n thankz, after we all went out the room, we all jumped n cheered together. n other people like 'what's wrong with them?' haha. we are lucky bcoz we got the very kind n nice interviewers. even when one of us got nervous, they said it's okey just relax'. i really hope i got though. ^^ for the rest, good luck^^
kumiko_teah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kumiko_teah For This Useful Post:
iAdoreNaz Male

#46 Old 13-04-2011 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

waaah ~ thanks kumiko.. i'll try to be friend with my panels tomorrow..
and, i'll try to make the session very lively..
i just hope i'll be asked more question though ( the one that i can asnwer )~
iAdoreNaz is offline   Reply With Quote
kumiko_teah Female
Less Junior Member

#47 Old 13-04-2011 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAdoreNaz View Post
waaah ~ thanks kumiko.. i'll try to be friend with my panels tomorrow..
and, i'll try to make the session very lively..
i just hope i'll be asked more question though ( the one that i can asnwer )~
Yeah, good luck to u^^ make sure u have eye contact with them. hope to see u in korea^^
kumiko_teah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kumiko_teah For This Useful Post:
yanno_yamster Female
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#48 Old 13-04-2011 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiric_guy_01 View Post
for those who haven't gone to the interview (female) be sure about ur attire for those who going to wear skirt (the formal type) .... make sure its at appropriate length .... you are interviewed for scholarship not for secretary post from what i observed today and yesterday at my college as there's interview held
Oi, oi, stereotyping secretaries ah...

May you be well and happy!!! :)
yanno_yamster is offline   Reply With Quote
donn_m Male
Super Junior Member

#49 Old 13-04-2011 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumiko_teah View Post
.one of them asked me why i chose to take diploma when i can take bachelor instead. isn't it better n i could graduate earlier.
since u mentioned this, I think i stumbled upon an ancient thread in Recom dating back to 2006 saying that we can actly go directly to degree if we do well in the some an exam, entrance exam if im not mistaken .. and also they(the seniors posting their posts) mentioned about the new format which will be 4 years of degree prog instead of the 2 years dip and 2 years degree prog.. is it still applicable this year or we must go through the diploma programme 1st?? (i know its kinda off topic, but i just want to clear this for me once and for all, heheh)

Last edited by donn_m; 13-04-2011 at 10:37 PM. Reason: typo.. hehe
donn_m is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to donn_m For This Useful Post:
aiping Female
Less Junior Member

#50 Old 13-04-2011 Default Re: JPA Korean Engineering 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanno_yamster View Post
Oi, oi, stereotyping secretaries ah...
That's what we saw since yesterday and today at my college. We notice some girls wore short skirts which is inappropriate attire for a formal interview. Quite shocked and disappointed

Advice: Make sure its at appropriate length or wear Baju kurung(the best choice)
aiping is offline   Reply With Quote